• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:52 AM

Since the other Patrick Kane injury thread appears to be all jacked up, I guess we'll start a new.

TSN is reporting, via the Chicago Tribune, that Patrick Kane will miss weeks with a 'significant injury'.

It appears the Chicago Blackhawks will have to make do without Patrick Kane for weeks, not days.

According to the Chicago Tribune, Kane suffered a significant injury in Sunday's win over the Calgary Flames and has joined Marian Hossa, Brian Campbell and Dave Bolland on the injury list.

"We've found a way to play without some of our top players," Jonathan Toews told the Tribune on Monday. "Guys like Campbell and Hossa and I guess now we don't have a choice, we'll have to do it without Kane. It's about everyone else stepping up.

Kane appeared to jam his skate into the boards and had to be helped off the ice. The Blackhawks had Monday off so no official update was provided by the team.

"It's tough to see Kane go down," Duncan Keith told the newspaper. "He's a big part of the team, we know that. Those sorts of things happen over and over on different teams, where a top player gets injured and you have to deal with it."

Until this injury, Kane has only missed three games due to injury.

TSN Article

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#2 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:08 AM

isn't this what he had when cleary destroyed him a few years ago? This + concussion?
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#3 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:13 PM

I think he hurt his core.
I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#4 acidroach420

acidroach420

You know I've got a soft spot for hot dogs

• Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:49 PM

has it been announced what is actually wrong with him? it sounds like either a broken bone or a high ankle sprain, just judging by how much time he is going to be missing.

#5 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 01:58 PM

here's the latest

CHICAGO -- Chicago Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane will miss up to three weeks with a lower body injury, the team announced Tuesday.

"We're hoping [three weeks is] the maximum," said Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville, who wouldn't specify if it's Kane's ankle. "We'll leave it as a lower body. You can speculate where it is. That's the extent of it. He's progressing right now."
Do or do not. There is no try

#6 Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 816 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 02:29 PM

At least he didn't hurt his beer drinkin' hand. 3 weeks to go ****** it up in Chicago! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

#7 Ram

Ram

Tots

• Bronze Booster
  • 789 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 02:42 PM

Sucks for them. Sorry I'm not sorry. Hawks blow.

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#8 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 02:53 PM

the only reason for not disclosing injury is to keep taxi drivers in Chicago from panicking. If I were a taxi driver and Kane isn't able to drive, I'll take a vacation.

Edited by ami, 07 December 2010 - 02:54 PM.

#9 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:30 PM

isn't this what he had when cleary destroyed him a few years ago? This + concussion?

I forget what the injury was specifically, but even after he came back it took him months to return to form. Granted this was a few years ago when he was still new, but after that injury he played like he was scared s***less. Everytime he got the puck on his stick he looked to dish it immediately, never fought for the puck, never battled. We'll see if its different this time when he comes back.
Posted Image

#10 germanwing

germanwing

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 580 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:39 PM

Posted Image

#11 Booster313

Booster313

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:48 PM

I for one wish that Chicago was completely healthy. When they don't make the playoffs or when we beat them, I don't want the Chicago fans to have excuses.

What kind of color is red? Red is a warning, a declaration, a color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and driven because red doesn't like second place. So what kind of color is red? Their kind.

#12 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:06 PM

I for one wish that Chicago was completely healthy. When they don't make the playoffs or when we beat them, I don't want the Chicago fans to have excuses.

Injuries only matter significantly if your depth sucks. It's never an excuse for anything imo.

#13 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:24 PM

Their depth is horrifying.

One uninjured right wing, Kopecky as top-line center, less than a million for any callups. Considering how many AHLers they already have up, this could be backbreaking.
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#14 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:58 PM

Unless they trade away some of their picks and prospects to get forward help, this team will have officially 0% of making the playoffs.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#15 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:51 PM

Unless they trade away some of their picks and prospects to get forward help, this team will have officially 0% of making the playoffs.

They have no cap space!
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#16 Booster313

Booster313

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:59 PM

Injuries only matter significantly if your depth sucks. It's never an excuse for anything imo.

I know but I just dont want to hear it, of course if they don't make the playoffs I guess we could cite last year when we were injury ridden and still managers a mid level playoff birth!

What kind of color is red? Red is a warning, a declaration, a color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and driven because red doesn't like second place. So what kind of color is red? Their kind.

#17 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 08:03 PM

Posted Image

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#18 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:53 AM

he missed 2 games in 09 because of an ankle injury

#19 chuklz

chuklz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:10 AM

I dont even understand why we care. Blackhawk boards certainly don't lament when The Mule gets a concussion.

#20 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:23 AM

I dont even understand why we care. Blackhawk boards certainly don't lament when The Mule gets a concussion.

LGW tends to have single threads anytime a star player for any team gets injured for a significant period of time.