• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Travis

Kane likely out for weeks

Rate this topic

Since the other Patrick Kane injury thread appears to be all jacked up, I guess we'll start a new.

TSN is reporting, via the Chicago Tribune, that Patrick Kane will miss weeks with a 'significant injury'.

It appears the Chicago Blackhawks will have to make do without Patrick Kane for weeks, not days.

According to the Chicago Tribune, Kane suffered a significant injury in Sunday's win over the Calgary Flames and has joined Marian Hossa, Brian Campbell and Dave Bolland on the injury list.

"We've found a way to play without some of our top players," Jonathan Toews told the Tribune on Monday. "Guys like Campbell and Hossa and I guess now we don't have a choice, we'll have to do it without Kane. It's about everyone else stepping up.

Kane appeared to jam his skate into the boards and had to be helped off the ice. The Blackhawks had Monday off so no official update was provided by the team.

"It's tough to see Kane go down," Duncan Keith told the newspaper. "He's a big part of the team, we know that. Those sorts of things happen over and over on different teams, where a top player gets injured and you have to deal with it."

Until this injury, Kane has only missed three games due to injury.

TSN Article

here's the latest

CHICAGO -- Chicago Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane will miss up to three weeks with a lower body injury, the team announced Tuesday.

"We're hoping [three weeks is] the maximum," said Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville, who wouldn't specify if it's Kane's ankle. "We'll leave it as a lower body. You can speculate where it is. That's the extent of it. He's progressing right now."

the only reason for not disclosing injury is to keep taxi drivers in Chicago from panicking. If I were a taxi driver and Kane isn't able to drive, I'll take a vacation.

Edited by ami

isn't this what he had when cleary destroyed him a few years ago? This + concussion?

I forget what the injury was specifically, but even after he came back it took him months to return to form. Granted this was a few years ago when he was still new, but after that injury he played like he was scared s***less. Everytime he got the puck on his stick he looked to dish it immediately, never fought for the puck, never battled. We'll see if its different this time when he comes back.

I for one wish that Chicago was completely healthy. When they don't make the playoffs or when we beat them, I don't want the Chicago fans to have excuses.

Injuries only matter significantly if your depth sucks. It's never an excuse for anything imo.

Their depth is horrifying.

One uninjured right wing, Kopecky as top-line center, less than a million for any callups. Considering how many AHLers they already have up, this could be backbreaking.

Injuries only matter significantly if your depth sucks. It's never an excuse for anything imo.

I know but I just dont want to hear it, of course if they don't make the playoffs I guess we could cite last year when we were injury ridden and still managers a mid level playoff birth!

Guest Stolberg

isn't this what he had when cleary destroyed him a few years ago? This + concussion?

he missed 2 games in 09 because of an ankle injury

I dont even understand why we care. Blackhawk boards certainly don't lament when The Mule gets a concussion.

LGW tends to have single threads anytime a star player for any team gets injured for a significant period of time.

So you didnt make that excuse for the Wings last season then? Most Wing fans did.

More like we used it as motivation, as the Wings had the best second half of the season than any other team (including your Hawks), and still managed a good playoff spot, and a second round appearance. You think the Hawks will do that?

Also, you have only two injuries right now. This is what the Red Wings injuries looked like during December of last year:

DET Henrik Zetterberg (separated shoulder) out, Jonathan Ericsson (knee bruise) out, Dan Cleary (separated shoulder) out,

Niklas Kronwall (sprained left MCL) out, Jason Williams (fractured right fibula) out, Valtteri Filppula (broken wrist) out,

Johan Franzen (torn ACL) out, Andreas Lilja (concussion) out

If its sympathy you're looking for, you aren't going to find it here.

I dont even understand why we care. Blackhawk boards certainly don't lament when The Mule gets a concussion.

While the Wings are our obvious favorites, why is it a crime to like more than one team? I follow a few teams, I don't cheer for them when they play the Wings, but if you're open to more than one team, then almost every night can be hockey night.

Its really sad to see so many great players on the injured list, and I mean among all teams. These are the players that not only do people pay to go see, but they are keys to their team's front line.

Personally, I can't wait for Modono to get back to full strength, and according to the updates everything so far in his recovery is going smooth. I also wish Kane, as well as Hossa a speedy recovery. And here's to seeing Crosby get an injury so he has to miss a few.

More like we used it as motivation, as the Wings had the best second half of the season than any other team (including your Hawks), and still managed a good playoff spot, and a second round appearance. You think the Hawks will do that?

Also, you have only two injuries right now. This is what the Red Wings injuries looked like during December of last year:

DET Henrik Zetterberg (separated shoulder) out, Jonathan Ericsson (knee bruise) out, Dan Cleary (separated shoulder) out,

Niklas Kronwall (sprained left MCL) out, Jason Williams (fractured right fibula) out, Valtteri Filppula (broken wrist) out,

Johan Franzen (torn ACL) out, Andreas Lilja (concussion) out

If its sympathy you're looking for, you aren't going to find it here.

I dont want sympathy, nor am I looking for it. I was just asking that person if he complained last seaon about the injuries, since he said they arent an excuse. I realise the Wings had a lot o injuries, but almost any Wings fan I have talked to used that as an excuse, even though once they got to the playoffs they were pretty healthy.