• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest mindfly

Darren Pang's freudian slip

Rate this topic

Can't say I've ever heard the term "ripper bloke" before.

idk what a ripper bloke is either... lol

:lol: This made me laugh. I guess it's an Australian thing. He means that Panger seems to be a great person.

I guess this is when it is a good thing that the NHL isn't a widely watched sport. If this was an NBA commentary it would be all over the media. Even though it was really just a mistake. People are just WAYYYY too sensitive today. Don't let Jesse Jackson see this!

Edited by NvrFrgtRussian5

Can someone give me a rundown of what he said and what happened? I'm on my phone and have a weak signal, so I'm not able to stream the video to it... :(

They were discussing PK Subban and Pang commented on Peterangelo and said he plays defense the 'White' way, when he meant to right the 'Right' way. Funny how one word can change everything.

They were discussing PK Subban and Pang commented on Peterangelo and said he plays defense the 'White' way, when he meant to right the 'Right' way. Funny how one word can change everything.

ahhhh... he's known to be pretty good friends with Kevin Weekes, so I HIGHLY doubt there's anything more (even Freudian) to it than just tripping over his words, but yea, that's gotta be embarrassing...

Edited by stevkrause

That's not even bad. "Right" and "White" are easily tripped over, its kind of sad he had to even apologize to pre-empt all the "you're a closet racist" comments.

I was expecting some f-bombs or something like that!!!

Edited by ACallToArms

That's not even bad. "Right" and "White" are easily tripped over, its kind of sad he had to even apologize to pre-empt all the "you're a closet racist" comments.

I was expecting some f-bombs or something like like!!!

It is pretty sad how uptight our society is about political correctness...

Guest mindfly

Well he was right anyway, how many good black players are there? Maybe one or two. Go Pang lol. Screw the "geez I offended someone" BS.

Shouldn't there be a black player from america playing in the nhl that's not a goon, all black players in the nhl are from canada if memory serves me right, there's potential with their athletic skills but the hockey culture hasn't moved forward in the states it seems.

Edited by mindfly

It is pretty sad how uptight our society is about political correctness...

Sad yes, but given the history of inequality concerning human rights all over our planet it's not surprising. I'm thankful everyday that I live in a country that never condoned or allowed slavery, and I'm glad that the USA is doing everything it can to make up for mistakes of the past. That being said, I'm sure Panger didn't mean to imply anything with his slip up, and I don't think anything will come of this, he may be annoying at times but I doubt he's racist given that he's good buddies with Stevie Y, and The Captain would never be friends with anyone who was like that I'm sure.

Shouldn't there be a black player from america playing in the nhl that's not a goon, all black players in the nhl are from canada if memory serves me right, there's potential with their athletic skills but the hockey culture hasn't moved forward in the states it seems.

Mike Grier

Born: Jan 5, 1975 - Detroit, Michigan

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/1465

And, there are more from the US.

Edited by CenterIce

Guest mindfly

Oh, he's alright, not exactly a top6 scoring powerforward though, hopefully we'll see them in the future.