RWC's new prospect rankings

Rate this topic

2011/12:

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Franzen - Filppula - Hudler

Cleary - Abdelkader - Bertuzzi

Eaves - Helm - Mursak

(Emmerton)

Tatar could certainly make the team, ditto Smith, but as they still have year(s) to run on their contracts, no need when the team is already loaded. Frustrating for Tatar though, hopefully he takes it well.

If Hudler continues his poor play, he'll be gone.

Franzen - Filppula - Bertuzzi

Cleary - Abdelkader - UFA ($2M)

Eaves - Helm - Mursak

Emmerton

Modano's 1.5M + 0.85M (Hudler's salary minus the UFA signing) +a couple hundred thousand if you replace Miller and Salei with cheaper guys should be enough to re-up Jimmy.

2011/12:

Cleary - Abdelkader - Bertuzzi

Eaves - Helm - Mursak

(Emmerton)

Tatar could certainly make the team, ditto Smith, but as they still have year(s) to run on their contracts, no need when the team is already loaded. Frustrating for Tatar though, hopefully he takes it well.

2012/13:

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Cleary

Tatar - Abdelkader - Mursak (sick line)

Emmerton - Helm - Eaves

I would love to see Pulkinnen and Jarnkrok on the roster at that point, this is the first time Detroit could have a couple really young guys come in and learn from the big game.

I would love to see Pulkinnen and Jarnkrok on the roster at that point, this is the first time Detroit could have a couple really young guys come in and learn from the big game.

Imagine this...

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Franzen

Tatar - Filppula - Pulkkinen

Abdelkader - Jarnkrok - Mursak

Emmerton - Helm - Eaves

:scared:

Edited by Aussie_Wing

Do you have Helm playing on the top two lines?!?

No haha forgot about him, put Emmerton as the 13th and Helm as the 4th line center and it works out.

Oh and I guess Jordan owens could really make some noise for a roster spot as well, he brings some real energy and a mean streak.

Edited by newfy

No haha forgot about him, put Emmerton as the 13th and Helm as the 4th line center and it works out.

Oh and I guess Jordan owens could really make some noise for a roster spot as well, he brings some real energy and a mean streak.

Yeah but who would Owens beat out for a spot?

Abdelkader, Helm, Eaves, Miller, Mursak, Emmerton, iFlip, he can't seriously threaten those guys IMO.

J-Oh is a RFA after this year, I hope the Wings extend a qualifying offer, but I don't see J-Oh making this team with all the depth we have.

Imagine this...

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Franzen

Tatar - Filppula - Pulkkinen

Abdelkader - Jarnkrok - Mursak

Emmerton - Helm - Eaves

:scared:

I'd rather have Nyquist in there somewhere ;) Boot Eaves, put Mursak on the 4th, Nyquist on the 3rd =]

Guest Stolberg

if pulkkinen ever makes it to the nhl

we'll finally have a forward on the point that doesn't suck

Yeah but who would Owens beat out for a spot?

Abdelkader, Helm, Eaves, Miller, Mursak, Emmerton, iFlip, he can't seriously threaten those guys IMO.

Thats the thing, I dont know who he could beat out but he really seems like he could play on an NHL team.

I think we're better off calling him up to play on the 4th line then putting someone like Tatar down on the 4th. He's a prototypical 4th liner. I would rather see him on our 4th for the long run instead of letting him walk in favour of putting a skilled guy on the 4th for one season.

I could see him beating out iflip, maybe Miller, and maybe Emmerton for a spot in our bottom 6. Iflip is useless in a 4th line role, Miller is pretty redundant, Owens is more physical and will fight. If he can develop into a solid PKer then I think he will be more useful than Miller.

Emmerton has only really had this year as a good one. He is solid defensively though but there is potential that Owens could beat him out in that 4th line type role.

Owens looked damn good in preseason and earned some extra games with his play,if the wings thought he was a career ahler I doubt they would swap him for Newbury straight up because Newbury is a very good Ahler

2011-2012

1. Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

2. Franzen - Filppula - Bertuzzi

3. Hudler - Abdelkader - Cleary

4. Mursak - Helm - Eaves

13th - Emmerton

2012-2013

1. Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Franzen

2. Tatar - Filppula - Cleary

3. Mursak - Abdelkader - Callahan

4. Emmerton - Helm - Nyquist

13th Pulkkinen/Jarnkrok/Sheahan/Nestrasil/Ferraro who knows...

2011-2012

1. Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

2. Franzen - Filppula - Bertuzzi

3. Hudler - Abdelkader - Cleary

4. Mursak - Helm - Eaves

13th - Emmerton

2012-2013

1. Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Franzen

2. Tatar - Filppula - Cleary

3. Mursak - Abdelkader - Callahan

4. Emmerton - Helm - Nyquist

13th Pulkkinen/Jarnkrok/Sheahan/Nestrasil/Ferraro who knows...

I don't think anyone seriously believes Callahan has third line potential.

I do...explain why he doesnt?

Well the biggest reason is because hes an agitator not a scorer, granted hes doing pretty good this season in the WHL, but in the WHL scoring isn't so hard, I mean you've had players get 200+ points in a single season. I see him peaking as a fourth line energy player or trade bait. The wings philosophy just has no place for the agitator in the top 9.

I do...explain why he doesnt?

I'm with you. Callahan has good hands and a nose for the net. He might not be the greatest scorer on a third line but he is definitely looking like he hast the potential to develop into a third line complimentary guy.

He has been blowing people out of the water with how far his game has gone, whose to say he can't continue that development?

And Shaman since when does a third line consist of all scorers, last time we won the cup our third line was drake Draper and Cleary( I think Cleary). Agitators can play scoring roles, Ott had 20 goals last year, Avery can score, Cooke can score. All of those guys are third line material, why couldn't Callahan be?

I'm with you. Callahan has good hands and a nose for the net. He might not be the greatest scorer on a third line but he is definitely looking like he hast the potential to develop into a third line complimentary guy.

He has been blowing people out of the water with how far his game has gone, whose to say he can't continue that development?

And Shaman since when does a third line consist of all scorers, last time we won the cup our third line was drake Draper and Cleary( I think Cleary). Agitators can play scoring roles, Ott had 20 goals last year, Avery can score, Cooke can score. All of those guys are third line material, why couldn't Callahan be?

Actually I could have sworn that our third line for the cup winning year had more Hudler and Flippula on them possibly some Mikael Samuelsson too.

PS Avery doesn't help your cause, hes the dennis rodman of hockey, a clown, an idiot and only hurts the game.

Edited by Shaman464

Actually I could have sworn that our third line for the cup winning year had more Hudler and Flippula on them possibly some Mikael Samuelsson too.

PS Avery doesn't help your cause, hes the dennis rodman of hockey, a clown, an idiot and only hurts the game.

I'm not saying I want Callahan to be like Avery, just pointing out that he can in fact score goals and is a solid third liner.

And that third line was in 09 when we lost in the finals, 08 was Drake Draper and Cleary(?)

Hell, Dan Carcillo and Jarkko Ruutu have some offensive upside, as well. Now, we've gotta be careful about jumping the gun as far as how offensively gifted Callahan will be at the NHL level, but he seems like hes on the right track. He's got a while before his time in Detroit.

Hell, Dan Carcillo and Jarkko Ruutu have some offensive upside, as well. Now, we've gotta be careful about jumping the gun as far as how offensively gifted Callahan will be at the NHL level, but he seems like hes on the right track. He's got a while before his time in Detroit.

as it happens...I live in Kelowna...I get to see Callahan on a nightly basis and im telling you guys, this guy is for real. Not only will he be a 3rd liner for the Wings in the future but will be a solid one at that. He has a lot of D'Mac in him with more offensive upside....this guy has grown leaps and bounds this year and is showing no signs of slowing down....

:thumbup: