• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest mindfly

Daniel Larsson's comments on Osgood&Howard

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/internationellt/nhl/article8249897.ab

- I'll never go back there and play in the farmteam again. I heavily outplayed Jimmy Howard during my first year in the AHL and chris osgood is more or less done. I'll take the chance (to go over there and play again) if they're prepared to let me show them what I can do in the NHL.

He sure sounds pretty cocky, but to be honest I kind of agree with him, he's been very good in the SEL this season as well

Edited by mindfly

Hahaha... Oh man... This thread will sure turn out well.

Is that really what he said? Or are you just trying to start something on here as usual? I think we need dat's sick and someone else to verify this for us.

Guest mindfly

It's what he said in the interview, ask the other swedes on this forum and they will agree... I used "heavily outplayed" for the phrase "sopade mattan med honom" if any other swede can get a better translation for that phrase go ahead.

Edited by mindfly

Wow. Well, I've always liked a goalie with an edge and self-confidence. It remains to be seen if this kid can back it up (no pun intended) with his play. Brag all you want -- on the ice. ;)

Well let's wait for second here. This is Mindfly's translation after all. Surely he understand why some of us second guess him.

That's pretty disappointing. There's certainly an element of truth to what he said, but to say it so blunty, in fact to even feel the need to say it at all, is very worrying. I had hoped he'd be our back-up next season, but on the back of these comments, I'm not so sure he'll get the chance.

Edited by Aussie_Wing

That's pretty disappointing. There's certainly an element of truth to what he said, but to say it so blunty, in fact to even feel the need to say it at all, is very worrying. I had hoped he'd be our back-up next season, but on the back of these comments, I'm not so sure he'll get the chance.

I really wondered what could have possibly bumped Larsson from the being a top 10 prospect in the Wings system to not being in the top 25 at all. Maybe this is it.

Hakan Andersson also recommends a new contract for Dick Axelsson

- Not even half the season has been played and really one shouldn't speculate too much, however if it were today I would recomment to give him a new contract, says Detroits European Scout Hakan Andersson.

http://hockey.expressen.se/elitserien/1.2246984/detroit-vill-ha-dick-axelsson-trots-braket

This only a few months after absolutely bagging him, and I mean giving him the bagging of a lifetime with some of the harshest comments I can recall.

I really wondered what could have possibly bumped Larsson from the being a top 10 prospect in the Wings system to not being in the top 25 at all. Maybe this is it.

Yeah could well be. Doesn't Matt at RWC have some contacts, maybe he had some inside info. I get that bolting from NA to Sweden might not have been great for him or his prospect ranking, but the jump coupled with these quotes might be the reason why...

Guest mindfly

Although Kenny will most likely stick with his policy regarding prospects:

"Had a long discussion with Detroits GM, Ken Holland, about this policy during the intermission in the Anaheim game on friday.

It started with my question on how it goes for Joakim Andersson in Grand Rapids and AHL

Holland replied that they're pleased with Joakim Andersson's developement and see the swede as a potential third or fourth-line player in the NHL eventually.

- He will probably need another season in the AHL, that is how we work, look at Jonathan Ericsson, Jiri Hudler( :ph34r: ), Darren Helm etc. NHL is the best league in the world and not many players are good enough to take a roster spot right away, says Holland.

Axelssons ticket to Detroit would therefore probably go through Grand Rapids yet again, but the stop there could be a lot shorter this time - Gunnar Nordstrom

http://hockey.expressen.se/elitserien/1.2246985/nordstrom-kan-vara-en-unik-mojlighet

Translated this myself, hopefully someone appreciate stuff like this as it doesn't always reach mlive, freep, detnews etc, as i said before lots of interesting interviews in the swedish media on prospects, and a lot of them are pretty open minded and don't follow a "script".

Axelsson got the tools but he must somehow fix his mental game...

Edited by mindfly

Guest mindfly

I don't think he would misquote holland, although seeing that helm and abdelkader needed 3(?) seasons in the ahl same would go for andersson, i translated directly from the quote and it said "he probably need one more/another season in the ahl", holland maybe should have been more honest ans said "he need a full 3 seasons and then we'll see", maybe he talks different with swedish journalists than the detroit journalists, i don't know.

Edited by mindfly

I like his comments and he is 100% spot on... Osgood is done! I think they should give Larsson a shot next season as Howards backup to start and see if he can steal the show from him. So long as its a healthy competition and not in bad blood... do it! Right now Howard plays well enough and has to be over-played because Osgood is garbage. It's time to move on and why not let Larsson have his chance?!

Larsson knows the way Detroit operates with their prospects. If you don't like it, get the eff out.

And I suppose that's what he did. Sour grapes and all that.

Yeah, it's cocky of him to think he would be the player to change that. Honestly, in the games I saw him play in last year - he didn't show me much. Always seemed to me like a talent whose passion/drive was suspect.

Yeah, it's cocky of him to think he would be the player to change that. Honestly, in the games I saw him play in last year - he didn't show me much. Always seemed to me like a talent whose passion/drive was suspect.

How many games did you see?

I don't really know much about his drive but overall he was pretty good. Plus it seemed like every other video griffinsvision put out there had Curt Fraser saying, "Larsson kept us in this game" or "Stole this game for us."

I don't think he would misquote holland, although seeing that helm and abdelkader needed 3(?) seasons in the ahl same would go for andersson, i translated directly from the quote and it said "he probably need one more/another season in the ahl", holland maybe should have been more honest ans said "he need a full 3 seasons and then we'll see", maybe he talks different with swedish journalists than the detroit journalists, i don't know.

Helm and Abdelkader barely needed two seasons. Helm (67 and 55 games), really, should not have been in GR in 08-09 and Abdelkader as well only played 76 and 33 games.

I was just thinking about how different the cases of Larsson and Axelsson are in comparison to Ericsson and Ritola. The latter two really had no chance at much success in Sweden while Larsson and Axelsson have pretty big roles for their teams and are developing quite well. Generally speaking, I don't see why some players can't "pay their dues" in Sweden.

Guest mindfly

But when they're stars in the SEL they think they should play in the NHL right away, just look at Omark with Edmonton, he had som harsh words as well, and he won the scoring title in the SEL, he just got called up after injuries to hemsky&horcoff but paid his dues in the AHL until now...Zetterberg stayed in Sweden pretty long and then made the team right away, if axelsson stays in sweden 1 or 2 more years and tear it up maybe he can go the zetterberg-route?

Edited by mindfly