• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest mindfly

Daniel Larsson's comments on Osgood&Howard

Rate this topic

Assuming the translation is right, it sounds like he's basically saying he'll come back if the Wings give him a completely unearned opportunity to start in the NHL.

And whether he's right or wrong about Ozzy and Jimmy, it's an incredibly immature and stupid thing to say. Because if he did get to play for the Wings, he's basically going to be alongside Jimmy and playing behind a lot of guys who won at least one Stanley Cup with Osgood and have been his teammate for years. They might not take too well to some rookie shooting his mouth off about their teammate and friend, particularly when that rookie hasn't done s***.

How many games did you see?

I don't really know much about his drive but overall he was pretty good. Plus it seemed like every other video griffinsvision put out there had Curt Fraser saying, "Larsson kept us in this game" or "Stole this game for us."

Admittedly, I was only able to catch a handful of Wings games last year with Larsson I think having the edge in which goaltender I saw more. I can remember being wildly unimpressed with his outings, especially considering the talk about him and his status as a prospect. Perhaps the small sampling wasn't enough to get a real feel for his abilities, but that was the impression I got as a result.

Guest Crymson

Anyone immature enough to say such things in public is probably not somebody worth investing in. Bad attitude.

Raffy skipped the AHL (with the Devs). I think it really does just come down to maturity and the ability to conform to the Wings' system.

Rafalski was undrafted. He had already played in Europe for several seasons by the time the Devils signed him.

I can only imagine the look on Bab's face after reading that.

What a stupid cocky little f***. I don't even care if you outplayed Howard and think Osgood is finished. You don't pretend you are better than a goaltender who can actually hack it in the NHL (how many games have you played, there Dan?) and bash the winningest goaltender in Wings history. That just screams "I don't care about the team, just myself."

Larsson will not be a Wing for long.

But when they're stars in the SEL they think they should play in the NHL right away, just look at Omark with Edmonton, he had som harsh words as well, and he won the scoring title in the SEL, he just got called up after injuries to hemsky&horcoff but paid his dues in the AHL until now...Zetterberg stayed in Sweden pretty long and then made the team right away, if axelsson stays in sweden 1 or 2 more years and tear it up maybe he can go the zetterberg-route?

The only problem is, back then we had European rights for an infinite amount of time, now we have a finite amount of time. I guess we could keep on signing HTD and loaning him out to the SEL, but I'm not 100% on how "NHL legal" that is. Plus, Zetterberg was never a basket-case.

Sour grapes just a bit.

I'm all for confidence or cockiness saying that you are going to break somebody's win record or shutouts in a season, something along that lines, but to basically call out people as garbage who are still playing on that team and know what it takes to win and have established themselves successfully in the best of best in competition is beyond idiotic.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Sour grapes just a bit.

I'm all for confidence or cockiness saying that you are going to break somebody's win record or shutouts in a season, something along that lines, but to basically call out people as garbage who are still playing on that team and know what it takes to win and have established themselves successfully in the best of best in competition is beyond idiotic.

Osgood's success is in his past and what he's shown the recent few seasons is that he does not know or have what it takes to win anymore. Osgood always saying, "I feel great out there" and "I'm going in the right direction" while he is always losing is whats idiotic. An eager young goalie voicing his wanting to contribute now and pointing out the obvious (that he is better suited for Osgood's current job) is a tad cocky but he is wanting his chance. I say let Osgood retire and let the healthy competition between Howard and Larsson flourish as it will only make the both of them play harder and better. Howard having Osgood behind him barely able to handle the odd relief game is not going to serve as a motivating factor nor will it give him the breathers he requires.

Rafalski was undrafted. He had already played in Europe for several seasons by the time the Devils signed him.

That is part of what I was getting at in the second part of my post. It's not impossible to go from SEL or SM Liiga right to the NHL, but it has as much or more to do with the player's maturity as a professional than it does the quality of the league. Of course the player must be extraordinarily talented, but compare Leino to Raffy - both were mid 20s and at the top of SM Liiga play-wise but only one was ready to go to the NHL. By even opening his mouth Larsson shows he is nowhere near there.

Prepared to provide HV for Detroit: Osgood is over "

Success for Daniel Larsson in the HV 71st

Now he's ready to leave the club and to compete with Jimmy Howard in Detroit next season.

- I swept the carpet with him during my first year in the AHL, so I will take the chance if they are willing to let me show you what I go for the NHL, "he says.

Form Strong HV 71 continues to climb the table.

It can thank Daniel Larsson, 24, who has been playing great lately, and tops elite league franchise goalie, too.

- It was a bit shaky for both me and the rest of the team. For my part this was due in large part to the fact that I worked some situations. I asked it to myself because I wanted to show everyone that I am a good goalkeeper, "he says and continues:

Contacted agent

- It was very frustrating but the whole team has lifted in recent times. It is primarily defense game that has gotten better. And it has made my job easier. I have simply been able to play more relaxed.

His success has not gone Detroit - who still own his NHL rights - unnoticed.

- We keep an eye on him and has been in contact with his agent, says the club's European scout Hakan Andersson and adds:

"Talented"

- I really hope that he has not given up on his NHL dream, he is very talented. We are not afraid to take him back if we feel that he is a better goalie than he was when he left us when it is time to sum up this season.

Bet on Howard

Although the club decided to invest in rival Jimmy Howard to replace him last season and he has a year left on his contract with the HV71 so is Daniel Larsson door open for Detroit next season.

"Never farms league"

- The goal has always been to make it to the NHL as soon as possible. The only reason I chose to move back to Sweden this summer was that I was more or less forced to do so to be sure to get some playing time this season, "he says and continues:

- I will never go there and play hockey again AHL affiliate. But I swept the carpet with Jimmy Howard during my first year in the AHL and Chris Osgood is more or less completed. I will take the chance if they are willing to let me show you what I go for the NHL.

Osgood, 38, has won the Stanley Cup three times (1997, 1998 and 2008).

English translation for all.

Osgood's success is in his past and what he's shown the recent few seasons is that he does not know or have what it takes to win anymore. Osgood always saying, "I feel great out there" and "I'm going in the right direction" while he is always losing is whats idiotic. An eager young goalie voicing his wanting to contribute now and pointing out the obvious (that he is better suited for Osgood's current job) is a tad cocky but he is wanting his chance. I say let Osgood retire and let the healthy competition between Howard and Larsson flourish as it will only make the both of them play harder and better. Howard having Osgood behind him barely able to handle the odd relief game is not going to serve as a motivating factor nor will it give him the breathers he requires.

Like I said before: you don't bash the winningest goaltender in Detroit Red Wings history just because you believe he is done.

That isn't being eager, it's being selfish and stupid.

Like I said before: you don't bash the winningest goaltender in Detroit Red Wings history just because you believe he is done.

That isn't being eager, it's being selfish and stupid.

Well I might not do it and you might not do it but Larsson see's where he and the team can benefit and spoke his mind when asked about it. Keep in mind that something is always lost in translation... perhaps in Swedish it didn't come across as harsh?!

Guest scottj

One of the things I like most about howard, besides for his sweet rebound control of course, is his humble and not easily deflated attitude... This guy doesn't seem to have any of these traits. He seems just a tad bit cocky and self entitled... I'm preeeettttyyyy sure our guys making the roster changes have a better eye than you larsson. I don't think there was a conspiracy by holland to make howard the goalie if you're really that much better.

I don't know if he was trying to hint to the wings that he still wants to play by being so rash, but he said it the wrong way and he comes off as a retard. Hopefully if he does come back, he won't be doin any interviews til he grows up a lil bit.

Up until a few days ago I would've jumped on ya since I've always believed in the fact that Ozzie still has some gas left in the tank - however since I've read miller76 post of Ozzie getting drunk at a watering hole in the Phoenix area a night before a game - I get the impression he may very well be collecting his paycheck, and doing what he needs to do to avoid sitting in the press box.

That said I'm now thinking Ozzie will retire after this season, and I'm all for someone else stepping up to the challenge of taking Howard's spot, or being his back-up.

I Missed that post... can you link me to it?

Osgood might have some thing left in the tank (although it has yet to be seen) but Larsson is filled to the rim with piss and vinegar and we need that more than an aging goaltender fighting to prove he still has a little something possibly. I want to see a healthy tug of war (like Hasek/Osgood had) not one guy getting worn out and the other "finding his rythm"

Regardless of what YOU or Larsson thinks of Osgood or whether somebody is close to retiring, you do not disrespect somebody who has been through the ringer plenty.

You have to earn the right to disrespect somebody on a team, and Larsson hasn't earned s**t yet. He hasn't even come close to an inkling of disrespecting Jimmy Howard, and Howard's only played 1 1/2 full seasons of hockey.

Regardless of what YOU or Larsson thinks of Osgood or whether somebody is close to retiring, you do not disrespect somebody who has been through the ringer plenty.

You have to earn the right to disrespect somebody on a team, and Larsson hasn't earned s**t yet. He hasn't even come close to an inkling of disrespecting Jimmy Howard, and Howard's only played 1 1/2 full seasons of hockey.

He was asked a question and gave an honest answer... Him pointing out the facts isn't any more disrespectful then Osgood pretending he can still play. This year is set but next year there needs to be a better duo in net and I think Larsson could provide that at a minimum and more potentially!

Guest scottj

As much as I think the guy is cocky, if he's as good as he says he is, I'm all for him playin next year.

But even though osgood's time is up (like maltby's was), I'm still gonna die a little bit inside as another member of the red wings teams that I first remember leaves...(Like I did when maltby left) :( :(

He was asked a question and gave an honest answer... Him pointing out the facts isn't any more disrespectful then Osgood pretending he can still play. This year is set but next year there needs to be a better duo in net and I think Larsson could provide that at a minimum and more potentially!

Again, he handled the question terribly. It makes him come off like an arrogant pr**k.

Again, regardless of what YOU or he thinks of Osgood or Howard, you have to earn the right to disrespect somebody on a team like that. And he hasn't even played one millisecond in the NHL. He has no clue what it is like to go through the grind. Not like Howard has for 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 seasons, and definitely not like Osgood has for as long as his career.

There is confidence and cockiness, and there is being an arrogant pr**k. If this translation is accurate, Larsson is being an arrogant pr**k.

If you haven't played in this league or have very limited experience, you better know your place and respect people who have been through this league and know how to survive the grind, whether they are a superstar, fringe 4th liner, or backup goalie.

If I were Howard or Osgood or a teammmate and I hear a similar guy in the system saying stuff like this who hasn't been through the rigors, I'd punch his face out for being an idiot.

Guest Stolberg

this is very serious

here is my serious face ._.

do you see that larsson

how serious i am?

Edited by Stolberg