• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest mindfly

Daniel Larsson's comments on Osgood&Howard

Rate this topic

Again, he handled the question terribly. It makes him come off like an arrogant pr**k.

Again, regardless of what YOU or he thinks of Osgood or Howard, you have to earn the right to disrespect somebody on a team like that. And he hasn't even played one millisecond in the NHL. He has no clue what it is like to go through the grind. Not like Howard has for 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 seasons, and definitely not like Osgood has for as long as his career.

There is confidence and cockiness, and there is being an arrogant pr**k. If this translation is accurate, Larsson is being an arrogant pr**k.

If you haven't played in this league or have very limited experience, you better know your place and respect people who have been through this league and know how to survive the grind, whether they are a superstar, fringe 4th liner, or backup goalie.

If I were Howard or Osgood or a teammmate and I hear a similar guy in the system saying stuff like this who hasn't been through the rigors, I'd punch his face out for being an idiot.

Pointing out the facts is not disrespectful if they are true... perhaps the time and place they are stated could lend to being disrespectful but he was asked during an interview and gave his opinion. Had he pulled an Avery I could agree but what was he supposed to do, Lie about the facts? What does he owe Osgood? Osgood's career was what it was but it also is what it is and what it is right now is denying a legit young player the chance to make his name. The kid was giving Howard a run for his money in the AHL coming to a new country and playing in a different style/team/ everything... How long was Howard already in the AHL at that time?

Edited by The Secret

Guest Crymson

I Missed that post... can you link me to it?

Osgood might have some thing left in the tank (although it has yet to be seen) but Larsson is filled to the rim with piss and vinegar and we need that more than an aging goaltender fighting to prove he still has a little something possibly. I want to see a healthy tug of war (like Hasek/Osgood had) not one guy getting worn out and the other "finding his rythm"

If Larsson's comments were indicative of his overall attitude, then the team doesn't need him. Players like that are poor for the team dynamic and cause problems in the locker room. It's likely that this is the reason Holland never brings them onto the team.

Pointing out the facts is not disrespectful if they are true...

True? Osgoood had a pretty damn good game against LA and despite this being his final year he is doing fine as a backup.

Larsson is a nobody taking pot shots at Osgood to justify him deserving to be on the Wings roster. He doesn't deserve it.

perhaps the time and place they are stated could lend to being disrespectful but he was asked during an interview and gave his opinion.

What was the question? And in the context of the question what forced him to say that he outplayed Howard and that Osgood was done?

Had he pulled an Avery I could agree but what was he supposed to do' date=' Lie about the facts? What does he owe Osgood? Osgood's career was what it was but it also is what it is and what it is right now is denying a legit young player the chance to make his name. The kid was giving Howard a run for his money in the AHL coming to a new country and playing in a different style/team/ everything... How long was Howard already in the AHL at that time?

[/quote']

He isn't being denied. He just hasn't done anything worth bringing him up, and he can't understand that.

What confidence is a team going to have in a goaltender that thinks he doesn't have to pay his dues? There is being mad, and then there is doing this.

Pointing out the facts is not disrespectful if they are true...

They are not true, they are subjective to each individual person. Even you. And even Larsson.

perhaps the time and place they are stated could lend to being disrespectful but he was asked during an interview and gave his opinion. Had he pulled an Avery I could agree but what was he supposed to do, Lie about the facts? What does he owe Osgood? Osgood's career was what it was but it also is what it is and what it is right now is denying a legit young player the chance to make his name.

He owes Osgood and Howard and other goalies the respect they deserve of knowing how to play goalie in the best league of them all and having experience to deal with issues on and off the ice, regardless of how good or bad they might be. Not a hard thing to do.

The kid was giving Howard a run for his money in the AHL coming to a new country and playing in a different style/team/ everything... How long was Howard already in the AHL at that time?

I can't comment on the AHL careers accurately, but Howard has been through the NHL grind so far, Larsson has not, fair or not.

It's one thing to be confident and cocky, it's another to be an arrogant pr**k. Larsson is being an arrogant pr**k and throwing the blame card around and is acting like life isn't fair because I didn't get picked first in gym class.

Guest mindfly

That translation sounds just a tad on the bitter side.

The auto-translation is not correct, the other swedes on the forum can confirm this

I'm busy counting how many times Larsson's name is on the Stanley Cup.

...want to have some more fun? Try counting how many times Osgood and all his past glory has s*** the bed the past 2 years.

Wait, nevermind. It was pointed out a few posts ago he had a good game against LA. Go Osgood!

Edited by The Secret

...want to have some more fun? Try counting how many times Osgood and all his past glory has s*** the bed the past 2 years.

Wait, nevermind. It was pointed out a few posts ago he had a good game against LA. Go Osgood!

I'm busy counting how many time people have told you to wake up and realize what Larsson did was incredibly stupid. It's definitely been more than two.

Hm WTF.

Well it Is Aftonbladet, a paper known for "twisting" the news. Altho, this is direct quotes from Larsson and it's pretty spot on what mindfly posted. Aftonbladet dont make up quotes, they put them out of context ALOT, but they dont blindly make them up.

I don't like this at all. Maybe Larsson was pumped up as hell when he made those quotes. Testosteron you know? I can't believe he said that. If he wants a starting job in the nhl so bad, why say that? He should understand that quotes like those will hurt his chances, especially with a club like red wings. Is he dumb? wtf.. BIG mistake on his part

Btw, when talking to the swedish media, players are not as uptight as they are in NA, they are much more free spoken. That has probably something to do with it. NHL is not very big in Sweden, SEL is much bigger. Maybe Larsson would think it would go unnoticed or something. bleh

I'm busy counting how many time people have told you to wake up and realize what Larsson did was incredibly stupid. It's definitely been more than two.

What Avery does is incredibly stupid. What Hudler did leaving DRW for the KHL was incredibly stupid... Larsson answering his question imo was not incredibly stupid... could have been done with a little more tact but I can't say that I blame him for not wanting to spend the next 4 years toiling in the minors and I don't want to see another good player get away due to loyalty factor on player that is beyond his time... sometimes you have to gamble and this is another case that I'd roll the dice!

Guest mindfly

Hm WTF.

Well it Is Aftonbladet, a paper known for "twisting" the news. Altho, this is direct quotes from Larsson and it's pretty spot on what mindfly posted. Aftonbladet dont make up quotes, they put them out of context ALOT, but they dont blindly make them up.

I don't like this at all. Maybe Larsson was pumped up as hell when he made those quotes. Testosteron you know? I can't believe he said that. If he wants a starting job in the nhl so bad, why say that? He should understand that quotes like those will hurt his chances, especially with a club like red wings. Is he dumb? wtf.. BIG mistake on his part

Btw, when talking to the swedish media, players are not as uptight as they are in NA, they are much more free spoken. That has probably something to do with it. NHL is not very big in Sweden, SEL is much bigger. Maybe Larsson would think it would go unnoticed or something. bleh

This is what i've been saying all along but people here don't believe me...

What Avery does is incredibly stupid. What Hudler did leaving DRW for the KHL was incredibly stupid... Larsson answering his question imo was not incredibly stupid... could have been done with a little more tact but I can't say that I blame him for not wanting to spend the next 4 years toiling in the minors and I don't want to see another good player get away due to loyalty factor on player that is beyond his time... sometimes you have to gamble and this is another case that I'd roll the dice!

Yes, it was stupid.

Osgood has 3 rings. Two as a starter. A conn smythe run in 2009. Howard bailed his team out last season in his first year after being questioned whether he could hack it or not.

What has Larsson done to warrant his answers? Nothing. He is essentially a nobody going after his potential teammates (Osgood a potential goaltending coach) because he doesn't feel he needs to pay his dues.

He is selfish. Plain and simple. Thankfully Holland doesn't share your "insight" and cares more about the team than the individual.

Question: Would it be appropriate for a guy like Miller to complain about being scratched by saying that Draper is done? Do you think Babcock would appreciate those comments?

Osgood has 3 rings. Two as a starter. A conn smythe run in 2009.

How does this help him and his s***ty play today?

Howard bailed his team out last season in his first year after being questioned whether he could hack it or not.

How big was his NHL resume at this point and what had he proven in the AHL up until then in his 4 years beside that he could be mediocre?

What has Larsson done to warrant his answers? Nothing. He is essentially a nobody going after his potential teammates (Osgood a potential goaltending coach) because he doesn't feel he needs to pay his dues.

Well he came to a new country to play a very different game and was giving the resident 4 year man a serious run for his money... not bad for a noob

He is selfish. Plain and simple.

Maybe true but so long as its not negatively affecting anything who cares if he is a little selfish?

Thankfully Holland doesn't share your "insight" and cares more about the team than the individual.

Amen... that is why i am here debating with you ying yangs and not making millions

Question: Would it be appropriate for a guy like Miller to complain about being scratched by saying that Draper is done? Do you think Babcock would appreciate those comments?

Would be very bold of Miller to say such things especially given the fact that they share the same locker room. Do I think Babcock would appreciate the comments? He'd probably ask for it to be seen on the ice and call him out to prove it

How does this help him and his s***ty play today?

We are talking about Osgood's legacy and the comments directed towards him. Washed up or not, Osgood has a legacy.

How big was his NHL resume at this point and what had he proven in the AHL up until then in his 4 years beside that he could be mediocre?

That's not the point. Howard has proven himself as a legitimate NHL goaltender. Larsson is using him "outplaying" Howard back in the day as a reason for him to be on the roster now. Unfortunately he hasn't proven anything that shows he should be there.

Well he came to a new country to play a very different game and was giving the resident 4 year man a serious run for his money... not bad for a noob

Cool. He says he outplayed Howard years ago. Howard is in the NHL and was a Calder candidate last year while Larsson is nowhere to be found. What a ******* all star.

Maybe true but so long as its not negatively affecting anything who cares if he is a little selfish?

If Jiri Hudler is going to be castrated for seeking more money, then Larsson deserves to be rebuked for thinking he is better than he is.

Would be very bold of Miller to say such things especially given the fact that they share the same locker room. Do I think Babcock would appreciate the comments? He'd probably ask for it to be seen on the ice and call him out to prove it

Do you think it would affect the team to have a fourth liner who has spent very little time to bash a veteran who has 4 Stanley Cup rings?

Guest Crymson

Rolling the dice constitutes making a gamble that might get you ahead.

Insulting the goaltenders who are above you on the depth chart is not an example of rolling the dice. It is an example of an individual who is currently too immature and too petty to be respectful towards others in his organization.

I'm beginning to think that you're just trolling.

Edited by Crymson

Awesome! He speaks the truth. Osgood is done, and has been for years now. Ever since the 09' season excluding the playoffs he's been trash. He might have a good game here and there, but that's what he's getting paid for after all.

Also, I remember Larsson did outplay Howard in the AHL his first year, it's refreshing to hear someone speak his mind and the truth and not sugercoat things. Can't wait til' Ozzie hangs em up after this year!

Awesome! He speaks the truth. Osgood is done, and has been for years now. Ever since the 09' season excluding the playoffs he's been trash. He might have a good game here and there, but that's what he's getting paid for after all.

Also, I remember Larsson did outplay Howard in the AHL his first year, it's refreshing to hear someone speak his mind and the truth and not sugercoat things. Can't wait til' Ozzie hangs em up after this year!

Looks like Larsson has a pathetic little fan club.

Hope you enjoy his career outside of Detroit, since that is where he will probably be going.

I can only imagine the look on Bab's face after reading that.

What a stupid cocky little f***. I don't even care if you outplayed Howard and think Osgood is finished. You don't pretend you are better than a goaltender who can actually hack it in the NHL (how many games have you played, there Dan?) and bash the winningest goaltender in Wings history. That just screams "I don't care about the team, just myself."

Larsson will not be a Wing for long.

Took the words straight from my keyboard. I don't care if you're literally the 2nd coming of Terry Sawchuk, you don't open your piehole like that. Bad form.

Rolling the dice constitutes making a gamble that might get you ahead.

Insulting the goaltenders who are above you on the depth chart is not an example of rolling the dice. It is an example of an individual who is currently too immature and too petty to be respectful towards others in his organization.

I'm beginning to think that you're just trolling.

Beginning?

#1 What Larsson did was stupid.

#2 Unless he is willing to take 850 k to be Jimmy's back-up next year he won't be in Detroit

#3 Even if he does come back over to be Jimmy's backup he will have to compete with an NHL veteran that the Wing's will sign as an insurance policy

#4 He will likely lose that battle and be assigned to Grand Rapids

#5 He will then go back to Sweden

Moral of the story folks:

#1 Stefan Liv was also once one of Sweden's best goalies...look at his NHL success

Edit: Success in other leagues (Sweden, KHL, College, Juniors, AHL) does not always equate to success in the NHL

#2 He isn't worth a spot on the 50 man organizational roster and should just be told to enjoy the SEL

#3 Larsson never impressed me much in Grand Rapids anyways

Edit: #4 Its a rare player that comes straight to the Red Wings system from anywhere - Juniors, Russia, Sweden, College and make the Wings in less than 2 years. Dan Larsson never showed that he was one of those rare players.

Edited by russianswede919293