• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest mindfly

Daniel Larsson's comments on Osgood&Howard

Rate this topic

Larsson doesn't know jack s*** about both Howard and Ozzie. Howie has been superb in his starts (not lately though), and Ozzie has been serviceable (got the team a pt against the Kings). What has Larsson done in the NHL of note? In the grand history of the NHL, Larsson hasn't done anything in the league. Sorry, Larsson, maybe once you grow up and, actually, get us through a season of injuries or bring the team to two straight SCF appearances, keep that ******* known as your mouth shut, we don't need to hear your oral farts.

Everyone is getting all worked up but it is true. Does anyone here actually not think Ozzie is done? And he really did outplay Howard in Grand Rapids. Maybe he shouldn't have said it but what he said is true

Everyone is getting all worked up but it is true. Does anyone here actually not think Ozzie is done? And he really did outplay Howard in Grand Rapids. Maybe he shouldn't have said it but what he said is true

Doesn't matter. You don't publicly throw your own potential teammates and colleagues under the bus.

I don't think most people are debating the truth of what he said. Just what a d-bag he is for shooting his mouth off when he has done nothing in his career.

Great way to endear yourself to your NHL team. Rip on their current starting goaltender as well as their backup, who happens to be the second winningest goaltender in franchise history, behind Sawchuk.

To me it's pretty obvious how it was an incredibly stupid thing to say publicly.

I don't think most people are debating the truth of what he said. Just what a d-bag he is for shooting his mouth off when he has done nothing in his career.

Great way to endear yourself to your NHL team. Rip on their current starting goaltender as well as their backup, who happens to be the second winningest goaltender in franchise history, behind Sawchuk.

To me it's pretty obvious how it was an incredibly stupid thing to say publicly.

Yeah he did it in the swedish media. Probably will never be read by wings staff. Without mindfly on this board from Sweden we would have never even heard this.

Not as big of a deal as most on here are making it seem. Was it dumb to say? Yes, but not horrible

Yeah he did it in the swedish media. Probably will never be read by wings staff. Without mindfly on this board from Sweden we would have never even heard this.

Not as big of a deal as most on here are making it seem. Was it dumb to say? Yes, but not horrible

Maybe not by the staff, but I'm guessing at least a couple of the Wings five Swedish players heard about it.

Obviously not the end of the world. Just not very smart for a guy who I assume would like to be in the Wings lineup sometime in the near future.

I'm honestly curious as to what Nick Lidstrom thinks about this.

Like many in here have said, the Swedes are very candid with the Swedish media. So surely on some level he must understand. At the same time, he can't possibly condone these kind of statements.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Sour grapes from a guy who couldn't make it to the NHL. Isn't the first time, won't be the last.

Considering how Ozzie frequently seems to fire up and step up his level of play when he's gotten a new chip on his shoulder, you know him hearing the Larsson comments might not be a bad thing. He always seems to play best when he's got something new to prove, and a guy putting more fuel on the fire about how he's done after last season's problems is just the kind of thing that might get him working harder to get back to 07-08 form.

Not really.

Larsson was hot for his first 20 games or so in the AHL. Then he cooled off and never got back to that level in the next season and a half. Howard had better stats for the year (except W/L record) and started for GR in the playoffs.

Ozzie has been solid in 5 of 6 starts this year. He was good at the start of last year with a couple exceptions. Even after Howard took the starting job, Ozzie wasn't as bad as most think.

Larsson's a ******.

Yeah absoultely done! 399 wins..a great solid performance yesterday night at NJ...Ozzie Says NO!

Larsson who?????

I'm honestly curious as to what Nick Lidstrom thinks about this.

Like many in here have said, the Swedes are very candid with the Swedish media. So surely on some level he must understand. At the same time, he can't possibly condone these kind of statements.

Good post...Larsson needs a lesson of style

Edited by Paolino99

which is why Holland traded him.

Assuming what Larsson supposedly said is true i could care less if he ever comes back. The Wings dont need a arrogant ****** creating a distraction in the locker room.

This is 100% reason why players spend multiple seasons in the ahl, your mind has to match your body.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/internationellt/nhl/article8249897.ab

- I'll never go back there and play in the farmteam again. I heavily outplayed Jimmy Howard during my first year in the AHL and chris osgood is more or less done. I'll take the chance (to go over there and play again) if they're prepared to let me show them what I can do in the NHL.

He sure sounds pretty cocky, but to be honest I kind of agree with him, he's been very good in the SEL this season as well

That kind of attitude won't fit in with the Red Wings organization. And guess what, Howard is winning.

Maybe he's not the classiest guy there is, but you don't give up on your prospects because of personality flaws. You put them in and see what they can do. Ultimately, you have to assess their value because you've already expended picks and resources on them. Remember, these guys are just kids at this point. There is a lot of room for growing both on the ice and in how they carry themselves.

The Red Wings have never put up with a players demands to make the big club. He isn't the first and won't be the last player to go back to Europe... It says something about a players character if they are willing to learn and work hard and earn a spot on a roster.

Guest Stolberg

Sour grapes from a guy who couldn't make it to the NHL. Isn't the first time, won't be the last.

couldn't? that sounds pretty absolute

The Red Wings have never put up with a players demands to make the big club. He isn't the first and won't be the last player to go back to Europe... It says something about a players character if they are willing to learn and work hard and earn a spot on a roster.

It's hard to look at a guy like Cleary, what he had to go through, what he does night-in, and night-out, and then say someone like Larsson should get a chance to play in the big league. Or Howard, who had to spend eternity in the AHL. Honestly, if you're not willing to pay your dues, you can't play with teammates that give their all and prove their dedication and commitment to the organization over and over again.

Guest Hatethedrake!

couldn't? that sounds pretty absolute

Oh is Larsson in the NHL? Which team does he play for?

It's hard to look at a guy like Cleary, what he had to go through, what he does night-in, and night-out, and then say someone like Larsson should get a chance to play in the big league. Or Howard, who had to spend eternity in the AHL. Honestly, if you're not willing to pay your dues, you can't play with teammates that give their all and prove their dedication and commitment to the organization over and over again.

I'm not sure if Cleary is a good comparison as far as paying your dues goes. A part of the reason why he had to work so hard to get to where he is today is because he was a screw up as a teenager. He thought he was a total hotshot and off the ice he thought he was invincible. The DUI he got really stuck to him because these days there isn't much one can do that's more irresponsible. And when he did get a chance at some NHL games, he floated as if he thought his skill could carry him. So it's not like Cleary was always this honest, hard working person that he is today. We love him today for sure but if he was Red Wings property as a teenager we would have chased him out of town for sure. He made some really bad decisions and had to earn it all back the hard way. Thankfully he's past that and made a new life for himself.

Larsson is a major idiot if that's what he really said (it is Aftonbladet after all) about Jimmy and Ozzie. But he's never had any severe misconduct off the ice and during his two years in GR he worked hard and they loved him. It's not like he has no concept at all about paying his dues.