• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#61 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:52 PM

I'm busy counting how many times Larsson's name is on the Stanley Cup.

...want to have some more fun? Try counting how many times Osgood and all his past glory has s*** the bed the past 2 years.

Wait, nevermind. It was pointed out a few posts ago he had a good game against LA. Go Osgood!

Edited by The Secret, 09 December 2010 - 02:54 PM.

#62 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:00 PM

...want to have some more fun? Try counting how many times Osgood and all his past glory has s*** the bed the past 2 years.

Wait, nevermind. It was pointed out a few posts ago he had a good game against LA. Go Osgood!

I'm busy counting how many time people have told you to wake up and realize what Larsson did was incredibly stupid. It's definitely been more than two.

#63 hak

hak

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 842 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:07 PM

Hm WTF.

Well it Is Aftonbladet, a paper known for "twisting" the news. Altho, this is direct quotes from Larsson and it's pretty spot on what mindfly posted. Aftonbladet dont make up quotes, they put them out of context ALOT, but they dont blindly make them up.

I don't like this at all. Maybe Larsson was pumped up as hell when he made those quotes. Testosteron you know? I can't believe he said that. If he wants a starting job in the nhl so bad, why say that? He should understand that quotes like those will hurt his chances, especially with a club like red wings. Is he dumb? wtf.. BIG mistake on his part

Btw, when talking to the swedish media, players are not as uptight as they are in NA, they are much more free spoken. That has probably something to do with it. NHL is not very big in Sweden, SEL is much bigger. Maybe Larsson would think it would go unnoticed or something. bleh

#64 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:09 PM

Great. Just what we need....another goalie war where people are going to get all righteous and retarded on each other.

half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

#65 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:13 PM

I'm busy counting how many time people have told you to wake up and realize what Larsson did was incredibly stupid. It's definitely been more than two.

What Avery does is incredibly stupid. What Hudler did leaving DRW for the KHL was incredibly stupid... Larsson answering his question imo was not incredibly stupid... could have been done with a little more tact but I can't say that I blame him for not wanting to spend the next 4 years toiling in the minors and I don't want to see another good player get away due to loyalty factor on player that is beyond his time... sometimes you have to gamble and this is another case that I'd roll the dice!

#66 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:20 PM

Hm WTF.

Well it Is Aftonbladet, a paper known for "twisting" the news. Altho, this is direct quotes from Larsson and it's pretty spot on what mindfly posted. Aftonbladet dont make up quotes, they put them out of context ALOT, but they dont blindly make them up.

I don't like this at all. Maybe Larsson was pumped up as hell when he made those quotes. Testosteron you know? I can't believe he said that. If he wants a starting job in the nhl so bad, why say that? He should understand that quotes like those will hurt his chances, especially with a club like red wings. Is he dumb? wtf.. BIG mistake on his part

Btw, when talking to the swedish media, players are not as uptight as they are in NA, they are much more free spoken. That has probably something to do with it. NHL is not very big in Sweden, SEL is much bigger. Maybe Larsson would think it would go unnoticed or something. bleh

This is what i've been saying all along but people here don't believe me...

#67 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:29 PM

What Avery does is incredibly stupid. What Hudler did leaving DRW for the KHL was incredibly stupid... Larsson answering his question imo was not incredibly stupid... could have been done with a little more tact but I can't say that I blame him for not wanting to spend the next 4 years toiling in the minors and I don't want to see another good player get away due to loyalty factor on player that is beyond his time... sometimes you have to gamble and this is another case that I'd roll the dice!

Yes, it was stupid.

Osgood has 3 rings. Two as a starter. A conn smythe run in 2009. Howard bailed his team out last season in his first year after being questioned whether he could hack it or not.

What has Larsson done to warrant his answers? Nothing. He is essentially a nobody going after his potential teammates (Osgood a potential goaltending coach) because he doesn't feel he needs to pay his dues.

He is selfish. Plain and simple. Thankfully Holland doesn't share your "insight" and cares more about the team than the individual.

Question: Would it be appropriate for a guy like Miller to complain about being scratched by saying that Draper is done? Do you think Babcock would appreciate those comments?

Posted Image

#68 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:53 PM

Osgood has 3 rings. Two as a starter. A conn smythe run in 2009.

How does this help him and his s***ty play today?

Howard bailed his team out last season in his first year after being questioned whether he could hack it or not.

How big was his NHL resume at this point and what had he proven in the AHL up until then in his 4 years beside that he could be mediocre?

What has Larsson done to warrant his answers? Nothing. He is essentially a nobody going after his potential teammates (Osgood a potential goaltending coach) because he doesn't feel he needs to pay his dues.

Well he came to a new country to play a very different game and was giving the resident 4 year man a serious run for his money... not bad for a noob

He is selfish. Plain and simple.

Maybe true but so long as its not negatively affecting anything who cares if he is a little selfish?

Thankfully Holland doesn't share your "insight" and cares more about the team than the individual.

Amen... that is why i am here debating with you ying yangs and not making millions

Question: Would it be appropriate for a guy like Miller to complain about being scratched by saying that Draper is done? Do you think Babcock would appreciate those comments?

Would be very bold of Miller to say such things especially given the fact that they share the same locker room. Do I think Babcock would appreciate the comments? He'd probably ask for it to be seen on the ice and call him out to prove it

#69 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:03 PM

How does this help him and his s***ty play today?

We are talking about Osgood's legacy and the comments directed towards him. Washed up or not, Osgood has a legacy.

How big was his NHL resume at this point and what had he proven in the AHL up until then in his 4 years beside that he could be mediocre?

That's not the point. Howard has proven himself as a legitimate NHL goaltender. Larsson is using him "outplaying" Howard back in the day as a reason for him to be on the roster now. Unfortunately he hasn't proven anything that shows he should be there.

Well he came to a new country to play a very different game and was giving the resident 4 year man a serious run for his money... not bad for a noob

Cool. He says he outplayed Howard years ago. Howard is in the NHL and was a Calder candidate last year while Larsson is nowhere to be found. What af****** all star.

Maybe true but so long as its not negatively affecting anything who cares if he is a little selfish?

If Jiri Hudler is going to be castrated for seeking more money, then Larsson deserves to be rebuked for thinking he is better than he is.

Would be very bold of Miller to say such things especially given the fact that they share the same locker room. Do I think Babcock would appreciate the comments? He'd probably ask for it to be seen on the ice and call him out to prove it

Do you think it would affect the team to have a fourth liner who has spent very little time to bash a veteran who has 4 Stanley Cup rings?

Posted Image

#70 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:27 PM

Rolling the dice constitutes making a gamble that might get you ahead.

Insulting the goaltenders who are above you on the depth chart is not an example of rolling the dice. It is an example of an individual who is currently too immature and too petty to be respectful towards others in his organization.

I'm beginning to think that you're just trolling.

Edited by Crymson, 09 December 2010 - 04:24 PM.

#71 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 05:38 PM

Awesome! He speaks the truth. Osgood is done, and has been for years now. Ever since the 09' season excluding the playoffs he's been trash. He might have a good game here and there, but that's what he's getting paid for after all.

Also, I remember Larsson did outplay Howard in the AHL his first year, it's refreshing to hear someone speak his mind and the truth and not sugercoat things. Can't wait til' Ozzie hangs em up after this year!

Posted Image

#72 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 06:32 PM

This is what i've been saying all along but people here don't believe me...

You're surprised/upset? Mr. Holocaust story?

#73 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 06:44 PM

Awesome! He speaks the truth. Osgood is done, and has been for years now. Ever since the 09' season excluding the playoffs he's been trash. He might have a good game here and there, but that's what he's getting paid for after all.

Also, I remember Larsson did outplay Howard in the AHL his first year, it's refreshing to hear someone speak his mind and the truth and not sugercoat things. Can't wait til' Ozzie hangs em up after this year!

Looks like Larsson has a pathetic little fan club.

Hope you enjoy his career outside of Detroit, since that is where he will probably be going.

Posted Image

#74 scottj

scottj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 06:46 PM

AYYYOOOOO

#75 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 06:53 PM

I can only imagine the look on Bab's face after reading that.

What a stupid cocky little f***. I don't even care if you outplayed Howard and think Osgood is finished. You don't pretend you are better than a goaltender who can actually hack it in the NHL (how many games have you played, there Dan?) and bash the winningest goaltender in Wings history. That just screams "I don't care about the team, just myself."

Larsson will not be a Wing for long.

Took the words straight from my keyboard. I don't care if you're literally the 2nd coming of Terry Sawchuk, you don't open your piehole like that. Bad form.

Rolling the dice constitutes making a gamble that might get you ahead.

Insulting the goaltenders who are above you on the depth chart is not an example of rolling the dice. It is an example of an individual who is currently too immature and too petty to be respectful towards others in his organization.

I'm beginning to think that you're just trolling.

Beginning?

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#76 russianswede919293

russianswede919293

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,535 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:04 PM

#1 What Larsson did was stupid.

#2 Unless he is willing to take 850 k to be Jimmy's back-up next year he won't be in Detroit

#3 Even if he does come back over to be Jimmy's backup he will have to compete with an NHL veteran that the Wing's will sign as an insurance policy

#4 He will likely lose that battle and be assigned to Grand Rapids

#5 He will then go back to Sweden

Moral of the story folks:

#1 Stefan Liv was also once one of Sweden's best goalies...look at his NHL success
Edit: Success in other leagues (Sweden, KHL, College, Juniors, AHL) does not always equate to success in the NHL

#2 He isn't worth a spot on the 50 man organizational roster and should just be told to enjoy the SEL

#3 Larsson never impressed me much in Grand Rapids anyways

Edit: #4 Its a rare player that comes straight to the Red Wings system from anywhere - Juniors, Russia, Sweden, College and make the Wings in less than 2 years. Dan Larsson never showed that he was one of those rare players.

Edited by russianswede919293, 09 December 2010 - 07:07 PM.

#77 drwscc

drwscc

I drink your milkshake...I drink it up!!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:06 PM

Did someone call The Secret?

Posted Image
Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe.

I went to a doctor the other day, and all he did was suck blood out of my neck. Never go see Dr. Acula
- Mitch Hedberg

#78 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:12 PM

I say give him a shot. If he backs up his word sweet, if not then he is humbled quickly and we can all move on with our lives. I'm glad you people aren't GM's, Patrick Roy was always a cocky piece of s*** I'm sure you all would have shipped him off because of his personality to. You don't have to love the players, as long as they put 100% on the ice, and help there team win who gives a s***.

Yes, it was stupid.

Osgood has 3 rings. Two as a starter. A conn smythe run in 2009. Howard bailed his team out last season in his first year after being questioned whether he could hack it or not.

He is selfish. Plain and simple. Thankfully Holland doesn't share your "insight" and cares more about the team than the individual.

Osgood is done, sorry not everyone is kissing his ass for what he has done in the past.... Also as far as your question is concerned, you don't think players like Eaves, Miller, hell even Muzak are wondering why the f*** Draper and Hudler have spots over them?

Edited by ben_usmc, 09 December 2010 - 07:14 PM.

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#79 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:13 PM

This is about young-and-rash Larsson. You were making the same claim about Lidstrom. As it was best put by Bob Cole, "I don't think there's a finer gentleman in the league than this captain for Detroit."

#80 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:14 PM

I just don't see a reason for you not to believe me.

And btw, what's up with osgood's apparent alcohol problem, everyone is talking about it so it can't just be a wild rumour...he had a long break in the 08/09 season to get his season together, i wonder what the real reason was for that break..

Edited by mindfly, 09 December 2010 - 07:15 PM.