• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#121 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:22 PM

This may sound like sour grapes and all that, but since when did Daniel Larsson become such an expert on goalies?

i think he might be a professional one
not sure though

#122 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:25 PM

i think he might be a professional one

How many professional games has he played? Hasn't earned that moniker yet.

Last time you should probably be doing that one Posted Image

Edited by HankthaTank, 10 December 2010 - 03:25 PM.

TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#123 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:33 PM

How many professional games has he played? Hasn't earned that moniker yet.

over 200

the AHL and SEL are professional leagues.

#124 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:42 PM

over 200

the AHL and SEL are professional leagues.

Farm system and a Swedish Elite League is still not the NHL. He didn't get past Howard and Osgood so its all moot regardless.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#125 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:46 PM

that's cool. nobody is saying they're as good as the nhl.

#126 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 04:05 PM

I guess what bothers me on this is that he thinks he knows all this stuff, and yet no one really knows when they are at that point in time except the person themselves. I feel like he's being very presumptive about all this. Daniel, you may have played a lot in the SEL and all that, but the NHL is a totally different kettle of fish.
Posted Image

#127 SweWings

SweWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 04:34 PM

I guess what bothers me on this is that he thinks he knows all this stuff, and yet no one really knows when they are at that point in time except the person themselves. I feel like he's being very presumptive about all this. Daniel, you may have played a lot in the SEL and all that, but the NHL is a totally different kettle of fish.

Not like the AHL = NHL either though... For a goalie, the playing style doesn't really differ. If you've shown potential in the AHL, SEL, KHL or any of the other major national leagues, and preferably some international experience, then you need to show what you can do in the NHL. For a goalkeeper, more than any other position, the step up in relative skill level (passing, shooting, pace, etc.) matters more than big/small rink, physicality, etc. You can't really prove that you are NHL ready until you ACTUALLY play in the NHL.

#128 commadore183

commadore183

Versus televised America's last nuclear bomb test

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:07 PM

Larsson doesn't know jack s*** about both Howard and Ozzie. Howie has been superb in his starts (not lately though), and Ozzie has been serviceable (got the team a pt against the Kings). What has Larsson done in the NHL of note? In the grand history of the NHL, Larsson hasn't done anything in the league. Sorry, Larsson, maybe once you grow up and, actually, get us through a season of injuries or bring the team to two straight SCF appearances, keep that ******* known as your mouth shut, we don't need to hear your oral farts.
Mike Illich does not care about Detroit. Boycott 2013 Winter Cla$$ic.
Skilled hockey is, and will forever be, winning hockey. Deal with it.
"A perfect vision, some simple ways to let you know
Free range humans all couped up naked clone is playing lame" Avon by Queens of the Stone Age

#129 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:38 PM

Everyone is getting all worked up but it is true. Does anyone here actually not think Ozzie is done? And he really did outplay Howard in Grand Rapids. Maybe he shouldn't have said it but what he said is true

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#130 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:41 PM

Everyone is getting all worked up but it is true. Does anyone here actually not think Ozzie is done? And he really did outplay Howard in Grand Rapids. Maybe he shouldn't have said it but what he said is true

Doesn't matter. You don't publicly throw your own potential teammates and colleagues under the bus.

Posted Image

#131 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:54 PM

I don't think most people are debating the truth of what he said. Just what a d-bag he is for shooting his mouth off when he has done nothing in his career.

Great way to endear yourself to your NHL team. Rip on their current starting goaltender as well as their backup, who happens to be the second winningest goaltender in franchise history, behind Sawchuk.

To me it's pretty obvious how it was an incredibly stupid thing to say publicly.

#132 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:18 PM

I don't think most people are debating the truth of what he said. Just what a d-bag he is for shooting his mouth off when he has done nothing in his career.

Great way to endear yourself to your NHL team. Rip on their current starting goaltender as well as their backup, who happens to be the second winningest goaltender in franchise history, behind Sawchuk.

To me it's pretty obvious how it was an incredibly stupid thing to say publicly.

Yeah he did it in the swedish media. Probably will never be read by wings staff. Without mindfly on this board from Sweden we would have never even heard this.

Not as big of a deal as most on here are making it seem. Was it dumb to say? Yes, but not horrible

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#133 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 11:22 PM

If George Malik still worked for mlive then we would have heard about for sure. It's too bad.

#134 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:23 AM

Yeah he did it in the swedish media. Probably will never be read by wings staff. Without mindfly on this board from Sweden we would have never even heard this.

Not as big of a deal as most on here are making it seem. Was it dumb to say? Yes, but not horrible

Maybe not by the staff, but I'm guessing at least a couple of the Wings five Swedish players heard about it.

Obviously not the end of the world. Just not very smart for a guy who I assume would like to be in the Wings lineup sometime in the near future.

#135 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:43 AM

I'm honestly curious as to what Nick Lidstrom thinks about this.

Like many in here have said, the Swedes are very candid with the Swedish media. So surely on some level he must understand. At the same time, he can't possibly condone these kind of statements.

#136 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:30 PM

Is Allan Walsh his agent?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#137 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:27 PM

Sour grapes from a guy who couldn't make it to the NHL. Isn't the first time, won't be the last.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#138 selkie

selkie

Beach Bum

• PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:42 PM

Considering how Ozzie frequently seems to fire up and step up his level of play when he's gotten a new chip on his shoulder, you know him hearing the Larsson comments might not be a bad thing. He always seems to play best when he's got something new to prove, and a guy putting more fuel on the fire about how he's done after last season's problems is just the kind of thing that might get him working harder to get back to 07-08 form.

#139 irishtemper14+25

irishtemper14+25

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 12:27 AM

I think you guys are blowing this out of proportion...

I think he meant that Osgood is pretty much done in his career as in he won't be around next year or the year after.

Kudos to Teeman for the Sig
"You remember that chap a few years ago, climbed Everest with no oxygen, came down nearly dead...they asked him why he went up there to die. He said I didn't, I went up there to live."

#140 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 01:05 AM

Not really.

Larsson was hot for his first 20 games or so in the AHL. Then he cooled off and never got back to that level in the next season and a half. Howard had better stats for the year (except W/L record) and started for GR in the playoffs.

Ozzie has been solid in 5 of 6 starts this year. He was good at the start of last year with a couple exceptions. Even after Howard took the starting job, Ozzie wasn't as bad as most think.

Larsson's a ******.