Posted 12 December 2010 - 04:40 AM

33 Saves, yeah Osgood is done.

#142 Paolino99

Paolino99

Rookie

• Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 07:41 AM

Yeah absoultely done! 399 wins..a great solid performance yesterday night at NJ...Ozzie Says NO!

Larsson who?????

I'm honestly curious as to what Nick Lidstrom thinks about this.

Like many in here have said, the Swedes are very candid with the Swedish media. So surely on some level he must understand. At the same time, he can't possibly condone these kind of statements.

Good post...Larsson needs a lesson of style

Edited by Paolino99, 12 December 2010 - 07:40 AM.

Posted Image

#143 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,429 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:40 AM

His agent should contact New Jersey; they need some goaltending.
Come to think of it, if he's a good stickhandler, he might be able to pop a few in.

Edited by cusimano_brothers, 12 December 2010 - 09:02 AM.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#144 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:36 PM

What Avery does is incredibly stupid.

which is why Holland traded him.
Assuming what Larsson supposedly said is true i could care less if he ever comes back. The Wings dont need a arrogant ****** creating a distraction in the locker room.

#145 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:35 PM

which is why Holland traded him.
Assuming what Larsson supposedly said is true i could care less if he ever comes back. The Wings dont need a arrogant ****** creating a distraction in the locker room.

This is 100% reason why players spend multiple seasons in the ahl, your mind has to match your body.

#146 Zonly1

Zonly1

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:43 PM

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/internationellt/nhl/article8249897.ab

- I'll never go back there and play in the farmteam again. I heavily outplayed Jimmy Howard during my first year in the AHL and chris osgood is more or less done. I'll take the chance (to go over there and play again) if they're prepared to let me show them what I can do in the NHL.

He sure sounds pretty cocky, but to be honest I kind of agree with him, he's been very good in the SEL this season as well

That kind of attitude won't fit in with the Red Wings organization. And guess what, Howard is winning.

#147 Booster313

Booster313

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:45 PM

Maybe he's not the classiest guy there is, but you don't give up on your prospects because of personality flaws. You put them in and see what they can do. Ultimately, you have to assess their value because you've already expended picks and resources on them. Remember, these guys are just kids at this point. There is a lot of room for growing both on the ice and in how they carry themselves.

The Red Wings have never put up with a players demands to make the big club. He isn't the first and won't be the last player to go back to Europe... It says something about a players character if they are willing to learn and work hard and earn a spot on a roster.

What kind of color is red? Red is a warning, a declaration, a color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and driven because red doesn't like second place. So what kind of color is red? Their kind.

#148 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:59 PM

Sour grapes from a guy who couldn't make it to the NHL. Isn't the first time, won't be the last.

couldn't? that sounds pretty absolute

#149 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,309 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 12:06 AM

The Red Wings have never put up with a players demands to make the big club. He isn't the first and won't be the last player to go back to Europe... It says something about a players character if they are willing to learn and work hard and earn a spot on a roster.

It's hard to look at a guy like Cleary, what he had to go through, what he does night-in, and night-out, and then say someone like Larsson should get a chance to play in the big league. Or Howard, who had to spend eternity in the AHL. Honestly, if you're not willing to pay your dues, you can't play with teammates that give their all and prove their dedication and commitment to the organization over and over again.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#150 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 09:54 AM

couldn't? that sounds pretty absolute

Oh is Larsson in the NHL? Which team does he play for?
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#151 theswede

theswede

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 06:20 AM

delete

Edited by theswede, 16 December 2010 - 06:29 AM.

#152 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 06:59 AM

It's hard to look at a guy like Cleary, what he had to go through, what he does night-in, and night-out, and then say someone like Larsson should get a chance to play in the big league. Or Howard, who had to spend eternity in the AHL. Honestly, if you're not willing to pay your dues, you can't play with teammates that give their all and prove their dedication and commitment to the organization over and over again.

I'm not sure if Cleary is a good comparison as far as paying your dues goes. A part of the reason why he had to work so hard to get to where he is today is because he was a screw up as a teenager. He thought he was a total hotshot and off the ice he thought he was invincible. The DUI he got really stuck to him because these days there isn't much one can do that's more irresponsible. And when he did get a chance at some NHL games, he floated as if he thought his skill could carry him. So it's not like Cleary was always this honest, hard working person that he is today. We love him today for sure but if he was Red Wings property as a teenager we would have chased him out of town for sure. He made some really bad decisions and had to earn it all back the hard way. Thankfully he's past that and made a new life for himself.

Larsson is a major idiot if that's what he really said (it is Aftonbladet after all) about Jimmy and Ozzie. But he's never had any severe misconduct off the ice and during his two years in GR he worked hard and they loved him. It's not like he has no concept at all about paying his dues.

#153 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:19 AM

These are my impressions of Larsson's situation right now. Feel free to correct anything. The comments below have nothing to do with his obviously idiotic comments to the Swedish press.

I just think Larsson is very confused about his situation with the Red Wings. After camp in 2008 or 2009 (I'm not exactly sure), Zetterberg raved about Larsson's game and hinted that he could definitely be the goalie of the future for the Wings. I guarentee you those comments are in the archives of George Malik's old blog. He worked hard for two years in GR, played pretty well and earned the respect and admiration of Curt Fraser, who many times claimed Larsson either stole a bunch of games for the Griffins or was the reason why they were able to keep it close. He played two solid years in the AHL, met with Kenny and Co. and came away with the impression that he wasn't going to get much of a shot at an NHL spot.

At the same time, he didn't feel like his game was getting better in the AHL. In fact, he felt as if he was starting to take steps backwards. For one he didn't feel as if he got enough support as far as goaltending coaching goes, which is obviously very important. Also, there seems to be an ongoing debate in terms of what's important and what isn't in regards to what a goalie should work on in order to take forward steps towards the NHL. Larsson obviously felt that the aspects he thought were important are more evident in the SEL as opposed to AHL (He might be thinking in terms of skill, intelligence, anticipation, etc.). He probably also feels as if he's learned all he can about being a goalie on a smaller North American rink (at a level lesser than the NHL) and having things come at you faster. And he might be right because he played a full two years and it is possible for that happen in that time span. Overall he believes that if he goes back to the AHL his game will deteriorate and hinder his chances at becoming a quality NHL goaltender. It's not like his current preference for the SEL is the opinion of himself and a few others. Many people, mostly in Sweden, in hockey believe the same and their reasons aren't easily dismissible.

I really don't know if he's making the right decision in terms of playing in the SEL but you can definitely make a case that he is in terms of his overall game. Only time will tell.

#154 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,050 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 02:44 PM

This is 100% reason why players spend multiple seasons in the ahl, your mind has to match your body.

rob brown is the poster-boy for your point. he put up 115pts with the penguins in 88'-89' and then spent the following 13 years in and out of the NHL, IHL, and AHL.

plus he got really bad hair-plugs.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#155 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 11:26 PM

rob brown is the poster-boy for your point. he put up 115pts with the penguins in 88'-89' and then spent the following 13 years in and out of the NHL, IHL, and AHL.

plus he got really bad hair-plugs.

Posted Image

At least it's not Dan Quinn. Scored 94 points on that line, and over the next couple seasons he was shuffled around and was an okay second line scorer for Vancouver, St.Louis, and Philadelphia. But early in the 1992-93 season he was accused of rape, and because of the accusation the Stars released him. He signed on with Ottawa for 1993-94 after the charges were dropped, but only played in 13 games. He played well his later years but never more than 44 games in a season.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."