• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

12/10 GDT: Canadiens 2 at Red Wings 4

Rate this topic

I didn't see any penalties called against the Habs that were iffy. The too many men on the ice was close, but still a good call. There may have been a hooking call that could have gone one way or another.

But then again, they didn't replay all the penalties so maybe I missed something.

I was at the game and all the penalties i can remember were hooking when someone got close to the net. by the 3rd, me and my friends were saying any time there was gonna be a parade to the box of make up calls, but the Wings never gave the refs a chance besides the Ericsson hooking penalty which was a easy make up call. He just went to place body and pushed. i didnt agree with all the Habs calls against but they were right on our guys with their sticks.

Best part was the atmosphere. We cheered Let's Go Red Wings, and during the "clap" part they cheered, Go Habs Go! We started cheering, Let's Go Red Wings! followed by a booooooo to drown out the "Go Habs Go!" The crowd was amazing!

Edited by KillerB14

Guest mindfly

I'm happy with the win but why do they have to take periods off? the 3rd period was horrible, howard looked good except for the 2nd goal, price was unbeliveable, the three goals were perfect shots by detroit no goalie in the world could have taken them

Also fun to see a game that actually had a hockey atmosphere and not library atmosphere.

I'm happy with the win but why do they have to take periods off? the 3rd period was horrible, howard looked good except for the 2nd goal, price was unbeliveable, the three goals were perfect shots by detroit no goalie in the world could have taken them

Also fun to see a game that actually had a hockey atmosphere and not library atmosphere.

jesus_haha_no.jpg

Guest mindfly

Howard has alot to learn from Price's stickhandling, he makes it so easy for his team, i hope howard can start practice it i wonder why he hasn't thus far.

Guest scottj

I do wish Howard had better stickhandling to be honest... but he got it done tonight, so chyea!

Guest Stolberg

I'd just like to say again, adding the opposition GDT to the one here at LGW is a terrible idea. All it will lead to is trolling, or people here littering this GDT with some feeling of superiority over the crap people post in their threads.

But the crap that goes on here when the Wings lose is just as irrational and idiotic as most other teams GDT's. It's hypocritical and frankly just silly to mock them for their irrational reactions to losing.

And more to the point, who the hell cares what they think?

who cares the hell they what think you?????????????????????????????

Guest Crymson

Yea, like the one pass he made right to Datsyuk in his own zone in the first period.

Let's not forget his giveaway to Eaves that almost led to an easy wraparound goal. That was a brilliant move.

I think Mindfly would rather invent things to complain about than ever be satisfied. It's too bad for him, really.

Wow, what can I say? I drove in Friday afternoon from Minnesota (attending the Big Chill on Saturday). Friday's game was my first time attending a game at The Joe. I took in all that there was to see. Met Ted Lindsay. And saw a wonderful hard fought game between two Original 6 teams that had everything; great goals, great saves, big hits, and scuffles. Glad the Wings were able to come out on top! It was a night that I will never forget!

GO WINGS!

Guest Stolberg

Was this a home game or an away game? hard to tell with the montreal fans overpowering the cheers of the hometown wings fans.

habs fans are the brood parasites of the hockey world

Montreal ran the 3rd period but i guess they had to play that way to comeback while the Wings were just trying to shut them down. Howard really responded, Datsyuk was brilliant as always.

Go Wings!

Edited by Yak19

Can I just say what an amazing goal by Datsyuk......haven't seen a burst of speed like that from him since the wind assisted goal in the Winter Classic. And that backhand........wow. :siren:

Can I just say what an amazing goal by Datsyuk......haven't seen a burst of speed like that from him since the wind assisted goal in the Winter Classic. And that backhand........wow. :siren:

i actually lol'd. i kinda forgot about that.

Guest mindfly

Seriously. Just admit that you want to have Carey Price's children.

No but I would want him on the wings.

Guest mindfly

You guys underestimate the ability to play the puck and how much it helps the defense, a lot of times on this board it's "defense played poor blabla" well if howard could have gone out stopped the puck and made a nice outlet pass to the D who then can then deliver it to the forward a second later so much has been won by just doing that.

Edited by mindfly

You guys underestimate the ability to play the puck and how much it helps the defense, a lot of times on this board it's "defense played poor blabla" well if howard could have gone out stopped the puck and made a nice outlet pass to the D who then can then deliver it to the forward a second later so much has been won by just doing that.

Homer-Facepalm.jpg

Seriously. Carey Price's babies. Just have them already.