• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Norwegian Red Wing

How stupid is this KHL-team?

Rate this topic

there's something about brawls like this (or that UK one somebody posted the other day) that always make me a little queezy. i'm not sure what it is -- something about the unbridled chaos just rubs me the wrong way. i'm all for fighting in certain circumstances, and i wish the wings would do it more. i was stoked when pavs dropped the gloves early in the year. but, i don't know, there's something about stuff like this that i really don't like. especially the way it was so obviously planned that all five starters just friggin jumped the other players like they were in a dark ally.

call me a ***** if you want, but i'm just not into this at all.

Their previous encounter for anyone interested.

Lol best part of the video is while everyone else is trying to fight, both pairs of goalies are just hanging out and chatting to each other. Even the starter skates all the way across the ice to have a chat with his buddy on the other side lol. For the rest of the team, definitely a disgrace to hockey and obviously no class or respect for the game shown by these players.

Jeez. That is seriously some Slapshot style antics. Hilarious when it's in a movie, but I wouldn't pay money to actually watch that and call it hockey.

And what kind of loser picks a fight with a goalie after he's already jumped a guy that's turtling?

Darcy Verot.

I would like brawls like this to take place during the course of a game a little more often. But not in this manner, like the one the griffs had earlier this season. but if it happens everygame it would get old and not be exciting. but the secondary altercation rule has to go!

Edited by wings1110

I guess I'm holding a double standard on this one. If that happened in the NHL I'd be disgusted, but since it happened in the KHL I think it's absolutely hilarious. It honestly does look like a Hanson brothers shift.

It doesn't matter that it's the KHL.

It's the North American enforcers who are starting all these fights right now in the KHL. Not the Russian players.

That really bothered me to be honest. Not only is it stupid (though funny in movies), in real life it just made them look like thugs jumping unsuspecting bystanders. I actually felt bad for the opposing players who all just dropped to the ice, caught off guard. Nothing cool about assaulting someone for the fun of it. That's what gangs do.

EDIT: It would be different if there was some high intensity rivalry and something led to it, but that video looked purely like a hit job.

Edited by VM1138

As one of the most pro-toughness/enforcer posters on this site, I have to say that this is disgusting. Brawls are fine with me when they have a purpose, but this was just a lot of intent to injure. The Vityaz players continually punching a prone opponent is too much. There was no adherence to any sort of code in any of these fights. I don't mind players fighting/seeking retribution/brawling but this is too much. There is a thin line when it comes to hockey brawls, but this is way beyond appropriate regardless of the situation.

These are acceptable to me, but the Vitaz brawl is just inappropriate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLbTz-HDyGw