• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

Linus Omark shoot out goal

Rate this topic

Amazing. :siren:

Kid in his first game, comes in with incredible speed, does a spin-o-rama at centre ice on approach, he fakes a shot, then shoots and scores to win it for the Oilers. I've never seen anything like it, absolute madness! The kid must have crazy confidence to pull off a move like that, and the crowds reaction was something else.

Can't wait for YT.

Just saw it on Gamecenter, that was a sick move. And to think he had to start over because he tried to go prematurely :lol:

How much speed did he have on that 1st attempt to? :lol: I can't believe this kid, fancy doing that in your first game, no shortage of self confidence in this kid.

I absolutely love that he attempted that, even more that he was able to finish on the play. First NHL game, first NHL shootout, lots of hype based on a

, at home with the game on your stick... and you try that? Electrifying :siren:

Guest Stolberg

oh wow he did a spin-o-rama at the blueline and took a weak slapshot

announcers were blowing their loads

I think Linus has his blanket on underneath his jersey to try that...

...oh, not Linus Van Pelt? oh!

Well, it is the Christmas season, and with all the specials and reruns...etc....

Good on this kid. that spin to start obviously toys with a goalie's train of thought. Ellis was mentally out of that save as soon as Omark faced him.

Big deal ! All that spin o rama did was earn him a plethora of head shots, hacks and face washes for the rest of the year. Hope his pivot at center was worth that. Dats goal tonight was 100 times better than that shootout garbage. Shield the puck, top cheese backhand, little grin, no show boating.

This totally sums it up:

There are going to be some critics saying it wasn't that nice, and to be honest I kind-of agree.

But to have the balls to pull that out. With the wind up from his own red-line. With the whole arena buzzing in anticipation. With that look of pure confidence bordering on arrogance? With the game on the line. In your first NHL game?

Kudos, kid. Kudos. You just made a LOT of people fall in love with you.

Entertainment at its best.

:thumbup:

Guest Crymson

He did an uncontested spin-o-rama that was too far away to have any effect, and then he made a typical five-hole shot on a below-average goaltender.

I don't get what's so impressive.

It's not so much what he did but how he did it I guess. I can see where both sides are coming from.

Part of why it's so good is the reactions it's garnering. Dan Ellis:

"It's embarrassing for him," Ellis said. "You come into a league, a respectful league like this, and you try a little move like that. It's not a very classy thing. That's just the kind of person he is."

And Stamkos:

“I didn’t think it showed a lot of respect in this game,” said Stamkos, who missed his shootout attempt in Round 2.

“I mean, you don’t see Crosby or Ovechkin doing that and they’re the two best players in the game.

“(Omark’s) a creative player, he’s got good skill. I’m not taking that away from him, but it didn’t really have any implication on his moves, so I don’t know why he did that.”

:lol:

Edited by Aussie_Wing

Wasn't impressive at all, especially for the hype.

The fake and the shot were alright, but nothing anyone would get excited about without the spin. I'm fairly confident that any player in the NHL could do that spin. I can do that spin. A backflip might have impressed me, or adding the spin to his shot/deke as we've seen Bert do a couple times.

That just seemed pointless and silly. I guess I'd give him a point for his willingness to risk looking like a fool for no good reason, but I'd also take away two points for him actually doing it.