• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

Linus Omark shoot out goal

Rate this topic

Guest Stolberg

Jeeeez... Really??? It was that disrespectful? What's the big deal? He and PK Subban should be teammates I guess. The All Overreaction Inducing Team.

ellis is just jelly because he's a horrible goalie

I guess you guys havn't played hockey before. Rookie + 1st game + hot dog move = disrespect.

Their absolutely right. But thats his game and you cant ask him to change that.

Disrespect my ass. NHL players aren't senior citizens who you should open the door for and give the best seats on buses and adress "Mister" or "Sir".

And I really fail to see how it's in any way disrespectful. Is it less disrespectful of Datsyuk to make oppposing players like like complete fools night in and night out? That shootout move he did on Niemi last year, SURELY that was disrespectful? No? Was it maybe because...he's not a rookie? And as soon as a rookie does anything other than act like a media-trained robot who rambles cliches about "learning", "taking one game at a time", "looking up to the guys in the lockerroom" etc, people get all upset and call him disrespectful?

Personally saw a rookie who should have been playing in the NHL for months, probably should have already been in his 2nd NHL season, who finally got his chance to show his stuff and did the most of the opportunity.

Besides, the shootout is a joke anyway. It's a skills-competition, there only to please the crowd. Omark brought entertainment, he got people talking. Mission accomplished.

He showed who he is and I bet you that the Oilers management will have a hard time justifying sending him to the AHL again. Which they probably will anyway just because they're morons.

I saw it as showboating which is, whether you disagree or not, disrespectful. It makes him a target, but to an extent that's what you want. If you can be in your rookie tilt and have the other team thinking about you instead of someone else that's a plus. It raises his stock. It gave him instant recognizability. It was great for him. Good for the franchise. And you can bet it makes SportsCenter as a highlight, which is good for the NHL. Is it particularly impressive? Not technically. We are blessed to watch the likes of Pavel Datsyuk night in and night out. But it was risky. He would have looked like a total ass if he would have dumped it and fell to the ice. But he didn't and to top it all off he scored. The other team bellyaching is just sour grapes.

I saw it as showboating which is, whether you disagree or not, disrespectful. It makes him a target, but to an extent that's what you want. If you can be in your rookie tilt and have the other team thinking about you instead of someone else that's a plus. It raises his stock. It gave him instant recognizability. It was great for him. Good for the franchise. And you can bet it makes SportsCenter as a highlight, which is good for the NHL. Is it particularly impressive? Not technically. We are blessed to watch the likes of Pavel Datsyuk night in and night out. But it was risky. He would have looked like a total ass if he would have dumped it and fell to the ice. But he didn't and to top it all off he scored. The other team bellyaching is just sour grapes.

say he doesn't do the useless spin move, if he scored on that terrible shot no one would be talking about this, watch datsyuk undress Harding, Vokoun, or Turco, that is something worth noting, and to think pavel did it in game.

I dont really see it as disrespectful, but the shootout is pretty much a ridiculous spectacle to me as it is, so this move is sort of splitting hairs to complain about it. To me the spinorama where the player runs into the goalie and slams it home in the shootout is a bigger deal because it shouldn't count.

The funny thing about Omark's goal is when you see the angle from behind, it looks like he stumbles for a second on the fake slapshot and muffs his wristshot a little bit because it went off the heel of his blade, so it becomes this changeup shot.

Everyone talking about how talented he is, but he basically scored because he muffed the shot. :P

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Tampa players are being ridiculous lol. Especially St. Louis, he is the one who used to try that silly looking turn backwards shootout move all the time.

Some people in this thread are just missing the point or don't understand entertainment. Of course there are many prettier shootout goals, but all things considered I don't think I've seen one as exciting. :siren: (And I was cheering against the Oilers that game, watched it live)

I was disappointed, good for him that he scored a shootout goal in his first game, I am not saying it wasn't cool, I just think the OP hyped it far to much for me. As far as spinorama goals go, I think Bert's last year was WAY more impressive.

Edit: I found NOTHING disrespectful about it at all.

Edited by Booster313

Guest scottj

Lol... it's the fact that he tried it!

He did a spin that every skater in the NHL should be able to do, skated 10 feet, then took a shot?

HOLY s***!

Even though Stamkos should stop crying

I really like Stamkos but I think it's pretty disrespectful in itself to call Omark out on that one, and Ellis's comment just wreaks of butthurtness. I mean, sure, the move wasn't as flashy and incredible like the announcers made it seem, but come on...to get on the big stage in his first NHL game, trying to prove something to your team and your fans, and pull what he did takes some serious balls.

Yea I kinda agree with a lot of you that the Spin was definitely a little cocky... But thats not always a bad thing... The shootout can be a mind game.

Number two... He did NOT whiff the shot. That is the move you fake the slap shot hard and hit the ice so the goalie thinks your going to follow through and from there you react. Either you freeze him like Omark did and just put it through him or he drops and you walk around him, but the trick is to sell the fake slap shot and sell it good and hard...

Overall it was a nice move nothing spectacular and its obvious that the whole jaw dropping reaction was mainly caused my the fact that it was his first NHL game. That takes guts, a lot of rookies would of went in there to make sure they get a shot of and hit the net.

crash

Guest Food Stamps

He did an uncontested spin-o-rama that was too far away to have any effect, and then he made a typical five-hole shot on a below-average goaltender.

I don't get what's so impressive.

Filppula couldn't have made that shot.