• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zombi

The 2012 Winter Classic

Rate this topic

I think it's time they turn the Winter Classic into a Double Header just like the NFL does with the Thanksgiving Classic. Have the early game between two East teams and the late game between two West teams. I know there is this feeling of keeping it a special thing to play in but why not extend it and turn it into a major hockey event that lasts all day. Also, with 4 teams getting to play outside each year they could even throw a Canadian team in it once in a while, but the games should always be played in the States to keep interest in hockey growing.

I think after the big chill and the record set that the wings might be seeing another winter classic very soon.

Detroit vs Toronto at the big house would be unbelievable. The two biggest fanbases in the league are probably Toronto and Detroit. Not to mention the big house is not far for most Ontario people to drive, 4 hours from Toronto roughly.

Plus the whole original 6 thing going for it.

The rangers should probably be in one but who are they going to play that will make it interesting? Not the Islanders or Jersey.

The rangers should probably be in one but who are they going to play that will make it interesting? Not the Islanders or Jersey.

The Bruins or the Canadiens, if you want to keep it Original 6. If not, the Sabres or the Flyers. Teams at least close to the Rangers, roughly.

You know, I was thinking something interesting yesterday. What would the league do if Crosby got injured before the Winter Classic?

Cancel the game.

I think it's time they turn the Winter Classic into a Double Header just like the NFL does with the Thanksgiving Classic. Have the early game between two East teams and the late game between two West teams. I know there is this feeling of keeping it a special thing to play in but why not extend it and turn it into a major hockey event that lasts all day. Also, with 4 teams getting to play outside each year they could even throw a Canadian team in it once in a while, but the games should always be played in the States to keep interest in hockey growing.

They only have the ice refrigeration equipment for 1 site.

I would love to see Minnesota and Dallas in Minneapolis. It would be a bit of history, with Dallas being the initial Minnesota team coming back to play the second version of professional hockey in MN. I think it would be kinda cool myself. Or how about Colorado and someone in Denver? May not get box office boffo ratings, but who the hell cares? I'd still watch that over this year's disaster.

I thought that they wanted to keep the Winter Classic between teams that actually experience winter weather. I doubt any West Coast/Southern US Teams will be in it.

The next time Detroit gets in it, I'm guessing they'll host it at Comerica.

Guest Stolberg

rangers vs kings

highly doubt they would do rangers vs isles

doesn't cover a wide enough viewer base or something

Edited by Stolberg

I thought that they wanted to keep the Winter Classic between teams that actually experience winter weather. I doubt any West Coast/Southern US Teams will be in it.

The next time Detroit gets in it, I'm guessing they'll host it at Comerica.

Hehe, Coyotes. vs. Ducks FTW!! Even though I agree that a Southern team match-up is not going to happen in the near future, I do think the idea of a Minny vs. Dallas game is a good one, and I'd like to see it at some point down the road.

If the Rangers are serious about getting in there, I say Rangers vs. Devils. The Islanders would be just about the last team I let in, even if the two are supposedly cross-town rivals. Rangers/Habs wouldn't be bad for an O6 match-up, though, if the Habs don't go down the tubes. Rangers/Bruins would've been good if the Bruins hadn't just played. Not complaining, though; it was a nice prologue to the ECSFs.

Of course I wouldn't mind seeing the Wings again, but even though it'd be an O6 game, I'd rather wait a couple years and play someone we actually care about. They're pretty much the last O6 team I'd want to see the Wings play, Leafs included (well, other than the Hawks since we already played them).

Edited by MulesWillFly93

Rangers Vs Islanders at Yankee stadiam is the talk here in NY

GO WINGS GO

This was the talk last year before they announced pens caps. The problem with this match up at new yankee stadium is that there is a BCS bowl game at the stadium (pin stripe bowl), which happens on december 30th and is going to happen through at least the 2013 BCS season. If i remember correctaly, the NHL needs 2+ weeks to set up the ice and make sure everything is up to standards. I think if this game were to happen, it would happen at the new meadowlands, but that would pose a problem because it is much bigger and i dont know if the NHL would want 2 new york teams playing in new jersey.

i think you'll more than likely see two west conference teams play, but neither from the central. Stars v Wild would be my pick, but i dont really expect it.

I would much rather see them play the Habs again or the Bruins. Those would make for some good games.

yea i agree those would be good and i would just like to see an original six matchup but i mean toranto has good fans and the organization is bad right now. i just think the fans deserve something good right now