YOU ARE THE MAN!
Posted Image

#82 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:54 PM

they never fail to put on an entertaining game though. it would be nice to see a couple fights in the Classic too. it would be just the type of spectacle the NHL would want, especially at Yankee Stadium.

Definitely agree. With the Flyers on their way up in the conference it would be nice to see something like that and why not use that billion dollar facility for something like this? Comerica could definitely have one, or why not do one at the Big House again. They will bring in the same crowd as they did for the Big Chill.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#83 Lovin Jiri Fischer

Lovin Jiri Fischer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:35 PM

If it's not two Western teams then I will scream! All this Eastern Conference bias is getting annoying. I don't care if it's Detroit as long as it's someone in the West. Although I don't want to hear anyone from the NHL saying Detroit was in the WC too recently so they can't host.

#84 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:35 PM

What, shoving TWO players down our throats yearly is effective marketing? All it's doing is making NHL fans (not all) hate Crosby and Ovechkin more. They can have Crosby/Ovechkin commercials all over the Wings game, I still will not watch it due to the fact that they are only promoting Crosby and Ovechkin in the commercials. Correct me if I am wrong, but Pittsburgh and Washington do have more then 1 player right?

Well, currently s***sburgh only has one... seriously....

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#85 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:55 PM

Rangers vs. Blues.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#86 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:56 PM

Rangers vs. Blues.

Islanders vs. Oilers
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#87 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:45 PM

Yotes vs Thrashers
Posted Image

#88 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:58 AM

Yotes vs Thrashers

Gladiator match?

works every time

#89 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:09 AM

This is all rumors and hearsay, but I heard that starting in 2012 the NHL will be rotating the original-6 teams through the Winter Classic. Like I said, these are rumors I heard while talking to some people at a local sports store, and it would require the NHL to not exclude the Canadian teams from the WC.

These wouldn't be all O6 matchups according to the rumor, it would be an O6 team vs another non-O6 team.