• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
VM1138

Which Is the Better Team?

Rate this topic

I don't think they were clearly the better team. They eked out a come from behind win in a series that was nearly erased by Lidstrom in the closing seconds of the series. Detroit was tired, Pittsburgh got lucky a few times and held on just a second or so long enough.

A few times?

You mean 4 times?

For what it's worth:

Pittsburgh's last 15 games (from most recent):

W vs Buffalo (currently 25th)

W vs Toronto (currently 28th)

W vs New Jersey (currently 29th)

W vs Columbus (currently 19th)

W vs Atlanta (currently 7th)

W vs New York Rangers (currently 8th)

W vs Calgary (currently 22nd)

W vs Ottawa (currently 23rd)

W vs Florida (currently 27th)

W vs Carolina (currently 24th)

W vs Vancouver (currently 10th)

L vs New York Rangers (currently 8th)

W vs Tampa Bay (currently 12th)

Detroit's last 15 games:

L vs Los Angeles (currently 15th)

W vs Montreal (currently 5th)

L vs Nashville (currently 11th)

L vs San Jose (currently 16th)

L vs Los Angeles (currently 15th)

W vs Anaheim (currently 14th)

W vs San Jose (currently 16th)

L vs Atlanta (currently 7th)

L vs Minnesota (currently 21st)

W vs St. Louis (currently 20th)

W vs Colorado (currently 13th)

I wouldn't.

Everytime we play them, they seem to bully our team out of the game.

That would be a bad matchup for us physically, especially in the final round of the playoffs against a team that would be super hungry after coming so close last year.

I remember hearing this before in regards to a Det-Phi matchup.. I wonder what year that was...

Guest mindfly

I don't like where wings' play is going... i feel sick knowing how good philly and the pens are compared to detroit

Guest mindfly

Lol, everyone jump ship! We lost to LA again!

You must be forgetting that Jonathan Quick plays like Jesus against us. We had one game where we get smoked and "you don't like where our play is going"? Please.

There are alot of goalies playing like jesus against detroit, i don't think it's a coincidence, wings' don't play straight forward enough, too many pass first, pass second, pass third, then maybe shoot, a lot of the 51shots were shots where quick saw it all the way, wings aren't sharp enough.

Edited by mindfly

For what it's worth:

Pittsburgh's last 15 games (from most recent):

W vs Toronto (currently 28th)

W vs New York Rangers (currently 8th)

W vs Ottawa (currently 23rd)

W vs Florida (currently 27th)

W vs Carolina (currently 24th)

W vs Vancouver (currently 10th)

L vs New York Rangers (currently 8th)

W vs Tampa Bay (currently 12th)

Exactly. The Pens are playing great right now and are without a doubt the best team in the East. But yeah... look at who they've beaten during this streak. People hear 12 game win streak and think "Ohh they must be really good!", then you look at the teams and you're like "Ohh... well they should be beating those teams, they suck". If they have a big win streak in January, when they play Boston twice, Montreal twice, and of course, US, then I'll be impressed.

Edited by xtrememachine1

I think on paper Philly is the best team in the East, and Detroit is best the West, so I guess I just answered the original question.

I don't think Pittsburgh has the same depth as Philly. Look at the stats, Crosby is 25 pts (51 to 26) ahead of the next best Penguin, and he's the only with at least 10 goals. That's to much reliance on one player. Get someone like Z to shut down Crosby in the playoffs, and the Pens are going down.

I like the Bruins depth too, watch out for them.

I'm calling a Wings-Flyers final.

Guest mindfly

I think on paper Philly is the best team in the East, and Detroit is best the West, so I guess I just answered the original question.

I don't think Pittsburgh has the same depth as Philly. Look at the stats, Crosby is 25 pts (51 to 26) ahead of the next best Penguin, and he's the only with at least 10 goals. That's to much reliance on one player. Get someone like Z to shut down Crosby in the playoffs, and the Pens are going down.

I like the Bruins depth too, watch out for them.

I'm calling a Wings-Flyers final.

Best on some nights, but not lately, i questioned vancouvers lowest level the other day but i'll do the same for the wings' they just can't be consistent, playing hard, physical and the white er right way more than 1-2 games in a row, it's unbelieveably frustrating to watch.

Edited by mindfly

Guest mindfly

No because I know how great the wings are when they are on their game, but they aren't on their game often enough, and they don't seem to have any idea why it is like this

Best on some nights, but not lately, i questioned vancouvers lowest level the other day but i'll do the same for the wings' they just can't be consistent, playing hard, physical and the white er right way more than 1-2 games in a row, it's unbelieveably frustrating to watch.

Yea I think on paper it's a toss up between us and the 'nucks. I'll give us the nod because, I'm a Wings fan :lol: and our playoff experience.

No because I know how great the wings are when they are on their game, but they aren't on their game often enough, and they don't seem to have any idea why it is like this

And with the salary cap, the talent is spread out, meaning there's a lot of teams with similar talent, so to win, teams need to be on top of their game.

Guest mindfly

Yea I think on paper it's a toss up between us and the 'nucks. I'll give us the nod because, I'm a Wings fan :lol: and our playoff experience.

And with the salary cap, the talent is spread out, meaning there's a lot of teams with similar talent, so to win, teams need to be on top of their game.

And still 99% of the people seem to like the cap, it's ******* insane how a team like L.A can dominate wings with their history, owners etc, hurray for the cap *not* (i use the word dominate since they now are 4-0 against the wings the last 4 mettings which is a season sweep if all losses were in the same season)

Edited by mindfly

And still 99% of the people seem to like the cap, it's ******* insane how a team like L.A can dominate wings with their history, owners etc, hurray for the cap *not* (i use the word dominate since they now are 4-0 against the wings the last 4 mettings which is a season sweep if all losses were in the same season)

I hear ya man, salary caps suck! I like the luxury tax. I've never seen how spreading out the talent is better for leagues. All it does it create way to many mediocre teams. Things work in cycles, good teams eventually get bad, and bad teams (unless it's the Leafs) have ways to improve themselves and if they do things right can contend.

But that's another topic for another discussion...

Guest scottj

Yeah the Wings haven't been playing on their A game for even the last couple wins

but who's to say that Pittsburgh and Philly have been? Has anybody watched all of the games that they won? Cause if you're just comparing wins and taking credit away from the Wings for poorly won Ws without even watching the other teams' games, then you probably have no room to talk.

know what I mean? I honestly doubt that every game that Pittsburgh won in their streak was a full 60 minute effort of domination that a lot of people on this board find necessary or else they are unsatisfied..

Edited by scottj