• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

12/13 GDT: Kings, Lots (5) at Red Wings, None (0)

Rate this topic

It's funny because the past 4 years, the playoffs have always ended with Zetterberg and Datsyuk on the same line, with Filppula centering the second line. In fact, what was that one year in 2008 when we one the Stanley Cup with Filppula centering the second line completely shutting down Malkin? Oh yeah, 2008. 3 years ago. One season removed from his rookie season.

Malkin was responsible for the overtime goal in Game 5 that prolonged the series, and his line was responsible for two goals in Game 6. Osgood posted two impressive shutouts in the first two games, so tell me exactly where Filppula shut Malkin down? In Games three and four? Flip is a darn good defensive player, but Malkin pretty much owned Flip after Dats and Z were put back together.

If you trade Filppula then who centers the second line? Do you split up the twins just to fit your own desires?

What it really came down to in 2009 was Franzen or Hossa, and I would have chosen Hossa every day of the week.

Franzen, Flip, and Hudler combo was chosen because it allowed more depth. The current difference between Mule's and Hossa's cap hit is ~$1.3M which is very valuable for depth. Also considering his lack luster playoff performance it was obvious who the Wings would choose.

You don't like Filppula, we get it. Stop blatantly disregarding what he has done and what he shows he is capable of. He isn't the only player on his line, you know. It's not like Franzen and Bert have been amazing and he's dragging them down. Flip is the only player noticeable on his line, Franzen and Bert do s***.

That said, he has had a pretty disappointing year so far, but again, I think you can attribute that to the play of the players on his line. Franzen can't do s*** right now and Bert just pretty much rides along with who he happens to be playing with, he isn't a bonafide second liner.

Considering Bert has more points and a better +/- than Flip I think he is doing better and not doing s*** as you say.

seriously when was the last game the wings played good? Devils? No, outshot and outplayed most of the game ozzie saved us. Habs? No habs controlled play 5 on 5, PP time saved us. 3 losses before that. wings just have to play better as a team. the 2nd line needs to do something and howard needs to make some ******* saves. start ozzie next game, huds or cleary to the 2nd line bert or franzen to the 3rd line. change is needed

Wow. I am glad that the collective LGW forum members are not in charge of the team. The Wings are 1st in the West. 1st fricking place. Yet, they get no credit. Zippo. 3rd in goals per game. 11th in goals against. 10th in power play. 9th in penalty killing. 6-3-1 in their last 10 games. Room for improvement? Yup. Time to hit the panic button? No.

I know a lot of people think about 2002 when we had that star studded lineup, but many people forget that that same star studded lineup went 1-5-1 at one point in December. They also went 0-3-2-2 in the month of April. The point here is that every team is going to have ups and downs through the course of the season.

The Wings are going to have good and bad games. So far, they have won far more than they have lost. They are your leaders in the Western Conference. Yet, the LGW forum members cannot back them as a whole. We still have a deep division of people who like to play the blame game. True fans of a team I must say. /sarcasm

Wow. I am glad that the collective LGW forum members are not in charge of the team. The Wings are 1st in the West. 1st fricking place. Yet, they get no credit. Zippo. 3rd in goals per game. 11th in goals against. 10th in power play. 9th in penalty killing. 6-3-1 in their last 10 games. Room for improvement? Yup. Time to hit the panic button? No.

I know a lot of people think about 2002 when we had that star studded lineup, but many people forget that that same star studded lineup went 1-5-1 at one point in December. They also went 0-3-2-2 in the month of April. The point here is that every team is going to have ups and downs through the course of the season.

The Wings are going to have good and bad games. So far, they have won far more than they have lost. They are your leaders in the Western Conference. Yet, the LGW forum members cannot back them as a whole. We still have a deep division of people who like to play the blame game. True fans of a team I must say. /sarcasm

I give them credit all the time, all im saying is the last 5 games havent been great games for the wings. i am more then happy with the position theyre in now

lol @ the devils outplaying the wings that game

mindfly-lite

if i recall most of the play being in the wings end of the ice

Guest mjtm77

we lost a game ahhhhhhh we suck now!!!!!! switch the lines pull the trigger on all sorts of trades this team needes a change fast.

Typical "sky is falling" mentality in here. Not sure why people need to post a novel to prove to others about this team. How about this one?

Still in 1st place.

Carry on chicken littles.

it happens every time the wings lose

Guest Hatethedrake!

The only thing which frustrates me about the Wings' overall play is their inability to start on time. It seems like the first period they are outplayed and look lost. Then they come out in the second period and find their game again. This team has the ability to play much better than they have even during the first 2 months of the season. I think they won some games during that time that they likely should have lost. Yeah, we're spoiled Wings fans and we do expect quite a bit from them. But they expect the same from themselves. I just wish they could do the things which Babs talks about like starting on time, outworking your opponent and winning the one on one battles and just wanting it more. I still think this team has another gear they can get to but maybe they don't hit it until the playoffs. Having the best winning percentage in hockey is a positive so they must be doing something right. I just think they can play better. If the Pens can win 12 in a row, I don't see a reason why the Wings can't go on a similar streak. The West is tougher to play in than the East is but the Wings have the talent and depth to do it.