Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

12/13 GDT: Kings, Lots (5) at Red Wings, None (0)

• Please log in to reply
537 replies to this topic

#41 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,824 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 04:08 PM

A whole 3 straight wins against the wings, yes.

Posted Image

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#42 CupChamps979802

CupChamps979802

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 04:11 PM

Well, I splurged on this one. Got seats on the glass in the section next to the Kings bench. I've only been in the lower bowl once, so I am beyond pumped! LGW!
Posted Image

#43 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 04:20 PM

Gonna have to miss the first half of this one because of work. <_<

That sucks. Well, at least you don't have to miss the second half.

#44 Ram

Ram

Tots

• Bronze Booster
  • 778 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 04:39 PM

Let's go Wings. Guessing a lot of us need a study break. Can't wait to come home and make these Student Rush texts less of a fantasy.

Also, screw the Monday night game at Ford Field. This is the ticket tonight. Who wants to go to Ford Field with a Vikings logo on the field anyways?

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#45 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 04:46 PM

Let's go Wings. Guessing a lot of us need a study break. Can't wait to come home and make these Student Rush texts less of a fantasy.

Also, screw the Monday night game at Ford Field. This is the ticket tonight. Who wants to go to Ford Field with a Vikings logo on the field anyways?

Youre telling me. Got my exam for the day out of the way and have a nice 5 day break til my next one. I can kick back, relax, have a couple beers and watch the wings game tonight for the first time in a while without worrying about exams.

Hopefully the wings play well and we get the W

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#46 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 05:13 PM

Change of plans! Just sold the football game tickets for some beer $ and got some on stubhub for crazy dirt cheap! GO WINGS! 204A row 21 lol. Its alll good Posted Image
  • Ram likes this
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#47 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 05:21 PM

Ah I'm so out of touch with the Wings right now. I'm in Florence on a little trip and just watched the highlights of the past two wins. Good to see the minor skid has ended and all seems well again for the moment. Oh and hello Ozzie. I hope he gets a start every couple games right now if he keeps this play up.

I say 2-1 wings with both goalies playing stellar. This is a toss up for me though...

Pav, and Bert with the goals. LGW :siren:

#48 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 05:22 PM

Excited for the game tonight and all..EXCEPT the fact its on versus lol

#49 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 05:31 PM

A whole 3 straight wins against the wings, yes.

That's clearly a sign that the Wings are destined to lose every game against LA from here on out. I mean....3 game win-streak...Unreal!
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#50 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 05:35 PM

No i mean that the wings' players SHOULD be pissed off now and out for some revenge since they lost 3 straight games against L.A

Edited by mindfly, 13 December 2010 - 05:36 PM.

#51 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 05:39 PM

Have a happy one! They have never in the history of the team won a game on my birthday, so I'm hoping you get a win on yours.

Thanks for the GDT, Hockeytown.

Happy Birthday Konnan511.
LGW!

I hope you're going to the game. Otherwise you'll have to deal with the Versus crew. Yuck.

Nonetheless, Happy Birthday Konnan!

Happy Birthday! The Wings have to win for you today. :)

Would be nice to see Ozzie in net again, but if I recall Babcock made a comment that seemed like he'll get his chances but Howard is the go to guy.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I splurged on this one. Got seats on the glass in the section next to the Kings bench. I've only been in the lower bowl once, so I am beyond pumped! LGW!

Awww, you shouldn't have, best BDay present ever :P
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#52 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 05:45 PM

No i mean that the wings' players SHOULD be pissed off now and out for some revenge since they lost 3 straight games against L.A

That's not what you meant. You stated that the Wings had lost 3 straight, followed by "not good"...thus implying that the Wings are in trouble.

You wanna end the charades now or continue back-peddling?
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#53 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 05:45 PM

I'm probably going to miss the first period of this game because of the icy hell that is Southfield Fwy and 696. It took me 2 hours to get to work this morning, I don't see that changing much on the return trip.

I say Wings take this 3-2, Cleary/Dats/Fil. Babcock has been on Filpulla's ass to shoot more, so I'm hoping he follows that advice tonight.

#54 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:33 PM

That's not what you meant. You stated that the Wings had lost 3 straight, followed by "not good"...thus implying that the Wings are in trouble.

You wanna end the charades now or continue back-peddling?

It's not good to lose 3 straight games against L.A, just stop it already.

#55 LOredwing248

LOredwing248

Jr. Prospect

• 21 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:34 PM

I'm probably going to miss the first period of this game because of the icy hell that is Southfield Fwy and 696. It took me 2 hours to get to work this morning, I don't see that changing much on the return trip.

I say Wings take this 3-2, Cleary/Dats/Fil. Babcock has been on Filpulla's ass to shoot more, so I'm hoping he follows that advice tonight.

f*** f*** f*** I'm supposed to be on my way to the game as well, but that's not happening

#56 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 07:38 PM

Mitchell back for the kings... meh

#57 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 07:40 PM

Did Zata get a haircut?
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#58 SuperNovaXll

SuperNovaXll

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,699 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 07:41 PM

Game on!

Did Zata get a haircut?

I think he got it cut before last game. He looked a bit different haha
Long Island Wings Fan since 1991

#59 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 07:43 PM

First real chance goes to th Wings. Nice! Almost banked home the rebound.

I was so confused, I saw our goalie play the puck behind our net and I thought it was Ozzie until I saw it was Howie. Good on him stickhandling! Plus, i love our pressure right now!
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#60 PrairieDawg

PrairieDawg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 07:43 PM

Holy s***, coming out of the gate the Wings are dominating.