• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jeff48109

Funny Bobby Ryan goal

Rate this topic

this has to be one of the weirdest goals ever. Mikko koivu loses his stick, so he takes Bobby Ryan's stick from his hands. one of the wild players actually knocks the lying stick closer to Ryan, and Ryan uses it to score.

The announcers had no idea whatsoever that bobby ryan literally got his own stick taken from his grasp... that was extremely strange. I'm pretty sure its illegal to use another players stick, but it was missed. I'm not sure though.

Guest scottj

I like how after he scores he motions to Koivu like "HEY I THINK YOU DROPPED THIS"

lol

n I figure the wild player thought that Koivu still didn't have his stick n f'd up

that was pretty funny.

kinda weird that mietennan (sp?) was pushing the spare stick around. while i assume he saw it was a familiar stick, i would also have to assume he realized the only person without a stick was ryan. had he just left it alone, ryan would have had to go get that spare stick and most likely not been in that great spot for the rebound.

definitely a bizarre play though.

this is not a rule i'm familiar with specifically, but wouldn't stealing someone else's stick be illegal? i don't understand why koivu would do that in the first place...maybe he figured that taking a penalty was better than having the puck in his team's end without him having a stick??? that doesn't really make sense. it would be sort of hilarious to see that happen more, though -- lidstrom breaks his stick, then just swipes shea weber's. :lol:

hate the ducks of course, but don't mind bobby ryan too much in and of himself. it's also funny that ryan is a right hand shot while koivu is a left hand shot -- i thought he looked sort of weird and awkward when he took the shot -- he was using an opposite-handed stick!

Koivu could have been called for holding the stick and/or unsportsmanlike conduct, plus a penalty shot could have been called on the play. All in all, the Ducks could very realistically have come off of that play with 2 goals going into a 2:00 PP.

Koivu could have been called for holding the stick and/or unsportsmanlike conduct, plus a penalty shot could have been called on the play. All in all, the Ducks could very realistically have come off of that play with 2 goals going into a 2:00 PP.

now you're just getting greedy yowza.gifhehe.gif

Just like Ryan should've been assessed 2 for illegal stick and another 2 for unsportsmanlike conduct. Oh, also, it clearly wasn't a legal goal.

78.4 Scoring a Goal - A goal shall be scored when the puck shall have been put between the goal posts by the stick of a player of the attacking side,

Haha!

Miettinen tried to move the loose stick in the shooting lane to block any low shots coming from that way, but apparantly he didn't realize Ryan was right there looking for a stick. Instead of blocking the shooting lane with the stick, he ended up helping Ryan out by giving him a stick back to score with. Funny stuff!

Edited by sleepwalker

That's awesome.

I have no other words. That was f*cking awesome!

Haha!

Just like Ryan should've been assessed 2 for illegal stick and another 2 for unsportsmanlike conduct. Oh, also, it clearly wasn't a legal goal.

78.4 Scoring a Goal - A goal shall be scored when the puck shall have been put between the goal posts by the stick of a player of the attacking side,

That's clearly the first portion of the general rule of scoring. There's plenty of other legal ways to score aside from simply what was stated in that rule. I.E., A player from the defending team who knocks the puck into his own net still counts as a goal. Same goes for if it deflects off an offending or defending players' body or skates.

[/font]

Under what rule was Ryan playing with an illegal stick? He picked up a legal stick off the ice during play, and no other player was without a stick.

If I would use someone else's "stick" I would probably score more often too. ;)

The good lord was not kind to puffy when he was handing out "sticks". Especially in terms of length :(

Edited by puffy

That's clearly the first portion of the general rule of scoring. There's plenty of other legal ways to score aside from simply what was stated in that rule. I.E., A player from the defending team who knocks the puck into his own net still counts as a goal. Same goes for if it deflects off an offending or defending players' body or skates.

Definitely. There is no provision for using another player's stick to score though :ph34r:

Under what rule was Ryan playing with an illegal stick? He picked up a legal stick off the ice during play, and no other player was without a stick.

A player who has lost or broken his stick may only receive a stick at his own players’ bench or be handed one from a teammate on the ice.

I'm not a Bobby Ryan fan, but that was awesome. Especially after Koivu stuck his leg out like that for what could've been a trip or knee on knee collision, then steals Ryan's stick.

Same. And even more, I'm a huge Koivu fan. But there's no denying how awesome this play was.