Photo
- - - - -

Little Things That Make You Happy

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#41 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:37 PM

^^^Thanks, yous guys.
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

#42 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 01:10 PM

Puppies...I am the biggest sucker for a puppy. There is nothing in this world like holding a cuddly furball in your arms and having it lick you. Melts me every time.

Pasha doing interviews. He's always good for a laugh. Always comes up with something funny or endearing. Of course, a lot of what he does makes me smile.

Sunny days in winter. After nothing but days of grey skies, to see the sun come out and a beautiful blue sky picks up the spirits.

Taking our boat on the water and opening it up. It's a very exhilarating feeling to cruise out on the Great Lakes at about 40MPH. Fun.

In summer, going out on the lake and seeing loons. They are such beautiful birds. Also seeing bald eagles, which we do around here. In fact, I just saw one last Monday heading to Ann Arbor. Awesome birds.
Posted Image

#43 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 09:43 PM

My parents and brother brought their black lab when they came over for dinner today. I love this dog so much. He's so happy and sweet and loveable, and he always follows me around like he wants to be my puppy.

I was also happy about how much my brother loved the gift we got him-- the season 1 DVD set of Batman: The Animated Series.

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband

#44 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:06 AM

Osgood's 400th win tonight.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#45 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,455 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:45 PM

^^^ +1 :thumbup:

my own bed after visiting for four days at my friends' house. :zzz:

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#46 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,897 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:06 AM

Beer bread!!!

I got some for Christmas and made it today. I use 7up since I can't have beer, but it's still soooooo good.

#47 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,455 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:56 AM

oooh, we made some of that beer bread in Houston, from a present my friend got. So easy and SO good! Glad you got some, too.

my little tinsel Christmas tree makes me happy. I might just leave it out a while and be tacky. As if that would be something new. :P

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#48 megaelixir

megaelixir

why hello there mister kronwall

• 49 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 09:07 AM

www.8tracks.com makes me pretty happy. (i just discovered it.)

Posted Image

#49 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,455 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 09:38 AM

Ok, I don't know that it makes me happy, but I remember when 8-tracks came out. :unsure: Do they make a Methuselah 'smiley'?

Being at home on vacation, not having to answer the phone and deal with snarky people for a couple more days makes me smile. :)

puckloo39dom.jpg

Best ever

#50 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:25 PM

My friends. We have friends who came up to their cabin for the weekend and the first thing out of the box, my friend Betty gave me a big hug. That made me smile to no end. Hugs from friends are really wonderful for the soul.
Posted Image

#51 wingsgirl001

wingsgirl001

Hey Hey, Hockeytown!

• Gold Booster
  • 6,752 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:09 PM

My cat jumping up on my lap and purring when I get home from work. :)

i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

#52 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,897 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:16 PM

Not having to work today. Especially since it was about 33 degrees F and raining until about 2 in the morning and now it is about 10 degrees F and snowing and windy. Of course, I'll have to go to work tomorrow when it is supposed to be below 0, and still snowing and windy, but I'll worry about that then. At least the sand trucks will have been out.

#53 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 06:16 PM

Knowing that I am all done with work for the year and that I did a busy job all by myself today and got everything in by the deadline. Take that, year-end close! :D

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband

#54 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:14 PM

I got a chuckle when I went into the kitchen here at work. Someone had brewed decaf coffee but put it in the regular pot. We are completely out of regular, but I have a feeling whoever made it thinks the beans we have in there are regular.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#55 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,455 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:27 PM

:P wonder if anyone will be able to tell the difference?

My accounting group reimbursed me for my new wireless keyboard and mouse. I bought it, without know if they would or not - but I needed it, and was tired of working with a keyboard so old, the keys have no letters left on them. I've worn them all off!

:D

puckloo39dom.jpg

Best ever

#56 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:42 PM

I'm glad you submitted it for reimbursement Loo, you shouldn't have to pay for a keyboard that is only for work. :)

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

#57 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:32 PM

Looking outside at all the beautiful snow coming down. Seeing the cars covered in snow and knowing that I don't have to clean mine off cause I've got it parked in the parking garage. :)

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

#58 megaelixir

megaelixir

why hello there mister kronwall

• 49 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:32 PM

Being home, safe, with a fuzzy blanket, a cup of hot tea, two adorable kittens, and a fiance who loves me...while massive amounts of snow fall outside.

Posted Image

#59 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:34 PM

Being home, safe, with a fuzzy blanket, a cup of hot tea, two adorable kittens, and a fiance who loves me...while massive amounts of snow fall outside.

:wub:

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

#60 wingnut22

wingnut22

F#$%!

• Silver Booster
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:36 PM

Posted Image

how did I not know about these until a few days ago. I'm enjoying mine :D haha

Posted Image
"They are younger. We are not called younger anymore. Except to Cheli. To him, everyone is younger." - Pavel Datsyuk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users