i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

#62 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 13,066 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:11 PM

You've never heard of grapefruit? Or grapefruit spoons? We had those when I was a kid.

Money on the board!  Current total: $2

$1 for each goal scored by a current Wing after whom I've named a hamster.  +$5 if one scores a hat trick.

+$1 if a GWG.  +$5 if it is a GWG in a series-winning game.+$50 if it is the GWG that wins us the Cup.

$5 for each time a goalie after whom I've named a hamster prevents all opposing shots from going in the net.

The hamsters names are as follows (current Wings in red)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthieu Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew (Drew) Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#63 wingnut22

wingnut22

F#$%!

• Silver Booster
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:18 PM

That makes me want a grapefruit. :lol:

:P haha

You've never heard of grapefruit? Or grapefruit spoons? We had those when I was a kid.

grapefruit spoons. I had no clue about them until a lady I work with was using one. Another lady had a bunch of them and gave me one haha

Posted Image
"They are younger. We are not called younger anymore. Except to Cheli. To him, everyone is younger." - Pavel Datsyuk

#64 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 13,066 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:10 AM

My little Johan makes me smile. When I take him out of his ball, I put him on my chest and let him run a bit. He always takes a bite of my shirt and tries to take it into the ball with him- while I'm wearing it!

When I got him, I had cut a piece out of an old t-shirt as a bankie. It helps the animal get to know your smell so it gets used to you faster. His old one was so worn that I threw it out a long time ago. I had another shirt get ruined at work this week, so I made him a new bankie. I came home this morning, and he was sleeping cuddled up to it.

So cute. Just when I need a reason to go on, my little guy comes through for me. :wub:

$1 for each goal scored by a current Wing after whom I've named a hamster.  +$5 if one scores a hat trick.

+$1 if a GWG.  +$5 if it is a GWG in a series-winning game.+$50 if it is the GWG that wins us the Cup.

$5 for each time a goalie after whom I've named a hamster prevents all opposing shots from going in the net.

#65 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,811 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:09 AM

awww... little Yo-man, he's a sweetie, for sure. So glad you have your little companion, Karen. He sounds so adorable. :)

Not working today makes me happy. I have to go tomorrow, but at least, I have today!!

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#66 megaelixir

megaelixir

why hello there mister kronwall

• 49 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:39 AM

This poem:

The Orange by Wendy Cope

At lunchtime I bought a huge orange -
The size of it made us all laugh.
I peeled it and shared it with Robert and Dave -
They got quarters and I had a half.

And that orange, it made me so happy.
As ordinary things often do
Just lately. The shopping. A walk in the park.
This is peace and contentment. It's new.

The rest of this day was quite easy.
I did all the jobs on my list
And enjoyed them and had some time over.
I love you. I'm glad I exist.

Posted Image

#67 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,811 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:32 PM

Lazy Sunday afternoons make me happy. House is clean, ready to face the week - bring it on!

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#68 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:36 PM

We're going to Disney World in a couple of weeks, which is more than enough to be happy about, but I just got an email from them saying they're giving us a free upgrade from the Value hotel we were staying at to a Deluxe villa hotel! So we're going from a standard motel-type room to one with a bedroom, living room and full kitchen!

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband

#69 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 13,066 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:07 AM

Have fun Jenny!!!!!

I was so happy today. I was sound asleep and the alarm went off. I so didn't want to get up and go to work, but then I realized that I had the day off and I had set the alarm so I wouldn't miss my favourite show. Waking up on a day off makes me VERY happy!

#70 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,811 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:47 AM

Have fun Jenny!!!!!

I was so happy today. I was sound asleep and the alarm went off. I so didn't want to get up and go to work, but then I realized that I had the day off and I had set the alarm so I wouldn't miss my favourite show. Waking up on a day off makes me VERY happy!

Have a great day, Karen! I am at the office, alone... but at least the traffic was non-existent, since the rest of the city apparently does have the day off.

Happy MLK Day!

puckloo39dom.jpg

Best ever

#71 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 13,066 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:28 AM

I actually sat down and read the transcript of the I have a dream speech my Martin Luther King, Jr. I've read bits of it and seen outtakes, but never really read the whole thing. I found it quite moving.

It's kind of close to home for me since he was a close friend of
my dad's cousin
Bobby.

Edited by 55fan, 17 January 2011 - 10:41 AM.

#72 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:41 AM

Enjoy your day off Karen :) I'm at work too Linda, like you said though the light traffic is always a good thing.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users