i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

#62 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:11 PM

You've never heard of grapefruit? Or grapefruit spoons? We had those when I was a kid.

#63 wingnut22

wingnut22

F#$%!

• Silver Booster
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:18 PM

That makes me want a grapefruit. :lol:

:P haha

You've never heard of grapefruit? Or grapefruit spoons? We had those when I was a kid.

grapefruit spoons. I had no clue about them until a lady I work with was using one. Another lady had a bunch of them and gave me one haha

Posted Image
"They are younger. We are not called younger anymore. Except to Cheli. To him, everyone is younger." - Pavel Datsyuk

#64 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:10 AM

My little Johan makes me smile. When I take him out of his ball, I put him on my chest and let him run a bit. He always takes a bite of my shirt and tries to take it into the ball with him- while I'm wearing it!

When I got him, I had cut a piece out of an old t-shirt as a bankie. It helps the animal get to know your smell so it gets used to you faster. His old one was so worn that I threw it out a long time ago. I had another shirt get ruined at work this week, so I made him a new bankie. I came home this morning, and he was sleeping cuddled up to it.

So cute. Just when I need a reason to go on, my little guy comes through for me. :wub:

#65 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:09 AM

awww... little Yo-man, he's a sweetie, for sure. So glad you have your little companion, Karen. He sounds so adorable. :)

Not working today makes me happy. I have to go tomorrow, but at least, I have today!!

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#66 megaelixir

megaelixir

why hello there mister kronwall

• 49 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:39 AM

This poem:

The Orange by Wendy Cope

At lunchtime I bought a huge orange -
The size of it made us all laugh.
I peeled it and shared it with Robert and Dave -
They got quarters and I had a half.

And that orange, it made me so happy.
As ordinary things often do
Just lately. The shopping. A walk in the park.
This is peace and contentment. It's new.

The rest of this day was quite easy.
I did all the jobs on my list
And enjoyed them and had some time over.
I love you. I'm glad I exist.

Posted Image

#67 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:32 PM

Lazy Sunday afternoons make me happy. House is clean, ready to face the week - bring it on!

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#68 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:36 PM

We're going to Disney World in a couple of weeks, which is more than enough to be happy about, but I just got an email from them saying they're giving us a free upgrade from the Value hotel we were staying at to a Deluxe villa hotel! So we're going from a standard motel-type room to one with a bedroom, living room and full kitchen!

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband

#69 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:07 AM

Have fun Jenny!!!!!

I was so happy today. I was sound asleep and the alarm went off. I so didn't want to get up and go to work, but then I realized that I had the day off and I had set the alarm so I wouldn't miss my favourite show. Waking up on a day off makes me VERY happy!

#70 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:47 AM

Have fun Jenny!!!!!

I was so happy today. I was sound asleep and the alarm went off. I so didn't want to get up and go to work, but then I realized that I had the day off and I had set the alarm so I wouldn't miss my favourite show. Waking up on a day off makes me VERY happy!

Have a great day, Karen! I am at the office, alone... but at least the traffic was non-existent, since the rest of the city apparently does have the day off.

Happy MLK Day!

puckloo39dom.jpg

Best ever

#71 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:28 AM

I actually sat down and read the transcript of the I have a dream speech my Martin Luther King, Jr. I've read bits of it and seen outtakes, but never really read the whole thing. I found it quite moving.

It's kind of close to home for me since he was a close friend of
my dad's cousin
Bobby.

Edited by 55fan, 17 January 2011 - 10:41 AM.

#72 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:41 AM

Enjoy your day off Karen :) I'm at work too Linda, like you said though the light traffic is always a good thing.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users