• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Jody Shelley Suspended 2 Games

Rate this topic

Flyers enforcer Jody Shelley has been suspended for 2 games for his hit from behind on Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid. Seems like a fair suspension, judging it was on an icing call..The hit was exactly what the league is trying to get rid of.

Can you post a video?

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Only two games? That's ridiculous. Shelley could have killed McQuaid on that hit. 8 games minimum.

The only reason I think it should have been 5 + games is that McQuaid didn't even touch the puck for icing, Ference does on the other side of the net.

IMO 5+ games was necessary.

That's some good old time hockey there :thumbup: I'd take Shelley over Hudler any day.

Hits like this didn't happen in old time hockey. They didn't play recklessly, just tough. a lot more stick work. also the game didn't move 200mph creating opportunities for possible life ending accidents.

Like others have said, that needed to be 5+ games at least. If McQuaid wasn't angled the way he was the result would have been a lot more severe. Complete bonehead play by Shelley.

True, but we should all realize by now that the league does not hand out suspensions based on the act itself, they hand out suspensions based on the result of the act.

If McQuaid had gotten right up, the league probably wouldn't have suspended Shelly. If McQuaid had been injured, we would have seen a 5+ game suspension. Had he been paralyzed, Shelly would have been out for the season.

Thats just the way it goes, like it or not.

that's some good old time stupidity there :thumbup:

Jody Shelley - 1 goal in 31 games

Jiri Hudler - 1 goal in 25 games

I guess Hudler has 6 games to show that he's a better goal scorer than Shelley this year. Until then, you shouldn't accuse anyone else of being stupid.

Oh, and this doesn't take into account icetime and PP time.

I guess Hudler has 6 games to show that he's a better goal scorer than Shelley this year. Until then, you shouldn't accuse anyone else of being stupid.

so you're saying with a straight face that jiri hudler has peaked with his potential and is on the decline, so much so that he should be compared to jody shelley's skillset? really, with a straight face? you'd make that deal straight up?

you're right, i shouldn't have called him stupid. i should have called you stupid and him an idiot.

and i was also referring to the 'ole-timey hockey' crap holmes was spewing. that's not old-time, that's just cheap and reckless and you could tell he had no concern whether that guy was going to get back up or not. i wish i knew what chara said to him on his way out with the trainer.

So you're admitting that the hit wasn't stupid? Wow...

so you're saying with a straight face that jiri hudler has peaked with his potential and is on the decline, so much so that he should be compared to jody shelley's skillset? really, with a straight face? you'd make that deal straight up?

you're right, i shouldn't have called him stupid. i should have called you stupid and him an idiot.

and i was also referring to the 'ole-timey hockey' crap holmes was spewing. that's not old-time, that's just cheap and reckless and you could tell he had no concern whether that guy was going to get back up or not. i wish i knew what chara said to him on his way out with the trainer.

I'm just saying Shelley is better at his role than Hudler is at his. And he's apparently scoring just as well as Hudler is.

Such a trade wouldn't shock me. We made virtually the same deal last year, when Leino was involved. Tollefson was just a fighter, and he didn't even play here. I suppose Holland is stupid too for making that trade.

I'd trade Hudler for a bag of popcorn right now, let alone for Shelley. All he's doing is just taking up cap space and roster space.

I'm just saying Shelley is better at his role than Hudler is at his. And he's apparently scoring just as well as Hudler is.

Such a trade wouldn't shock me. We made virtually the same deal last year, when Leino was involved. Tollefson was just a fighter, and he didn't even play here. I suppose Holland is stupid too for making that trade.

I'd trade Hudler for a bag of popcorn right now, let alone for Shelley. All he's doing is just taking up cap space and roster space.

good points.

i'd rather trade hudler for somebody tougher in our lineup, but the guy would have to be able to skate and somebody like shelley just couldn't keep up. plus he's a meathead and totally out of character for this team.

teams don't tend to unload tough guys who can skate very readily. maybe if hudler is still playing this poorly come march we could find a team heavy on tough that needs more finesse and make a deal. i've not totally given up on him yet, though, and it doesn’t sound like babcock has either.

Hudler is irritating me too...but how is that in any way a valid point here?

We're talking about the stupidity of a reckless hit. And then you essentially say, "You can't say it's a stupid play because he has as many points as Hudler." WTF?

Oh, and that should have been way more than 2 games. He could have killed the guy.

Edited by Zetts

Hudler is irritating me too...but how is that in any way a valid point here?

We're talking about the stupidity of a reckless hit. And then you essentially say, "You can't say it's a stupid play because he has as many points as Hudler." WTF?

Oh, and that should have been way more than 2 games. He could have killed the guy.

I never said any such thing.

Someone said we should trade Hudler for Shelley, and I actually decided to defend that argument, in my own special way.

I never said the hit was or wasn't dirty.