• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
up2here

Riley Sheahan

Rate this topic

Just saw Bill Roose tweet this:

@Bill_Roose: Former Notre Dame standout Riley Sheahan has joined the#RedWings for their morning skate at JLA.

Does this mean he has a shot of playing for the big club this season or in the playoffs? Not sure what the deal is with signing playors out of college

He won't play this season.

Ok, thats what i thought. Guess they decided since he was in the building to sign the contract and be introduced, they might as well have him skate with his future teammates.

How has he looked so far playing for the Griffins besides getting destroyed in that one fight? :P

I might be mistaken, but I posted a video of Callaghan's fight in Sheahan's thread. Maybe that's what you were referring to? I don't recall a Sheahan fight.

Just saw Bill Roose tweet this:

Does this mean he has a shot of playing for the big club this season or in the playoffs? Not sure what the deal is with signing playors out of college

There was also this:

http://www.freep.com/article/20120405/SPORTS02/120405032/1053/sports05

Edited by rrasco

I might be mistaken, but I posted a video of Callaghan's fight in Sheahan's thread. Maybe that's what you were referring to? I don't recall a Sheahan fight.

There was also this:

http://www.freep.com/article/20120405/SPORTS02/120405032/1053/sports05

Yeah I'm pretty sure Sheahan hasn't fought as a Griff yet.

Here is an interview from today with Sheahan. Holland says that Sheahan might play Saturday.

Link

Edited by Frozen-Man

SOOO excited I wanna see him inserted in for emmerton on the fourth line.

I'd like to see him play too but it seems kind of risky. If he has a horrible game and won't get to play until next year that might mess with his psyche.

So I'm a little confused by something Holland said in that interview, it sounded like he said that since Sheahan is signed to an NHL contract, he is no longer eligible to play in the AHL. Does that mean just for the rest of this season?

Edit: just listened to it again, it sounds like it is just for the rest of this season. I'd be surprised to see him get in the next game, especially with Mursak already being a healthy scratch, although with Sheahan being a first rounder, maybe they have a different plan for him.

Edited by McAwesome

I really don't see him playing this year, but I'm sure he will be part of the Black Aces. Be nice to see him play next year. Glad that he signed :thumbup:

I don't know if he is eligible to play in the playoffs this year.

Not sure if you miss read my post, but I wasn't saying he was going to play in the playoffs :P

Yeah, but that kind of insinuates that he is there to fill in IF he was needed. He's not eligible to no matter how perfect the stars align. I'm not saying he can't be there, he just can't be there as a true black ace, an emergency replacement. I think.

Yeah, but that kind of insinuates that he is there to fill in IF he was needed. He's not eligible to no matter how perfect the stars align. I'm not saying he can't be there, he just can't be there as a true black ace, an emergency replacement. I think.

I follow you now :) Yeah I guess he wouldn't be a true black ace, only because he wouldn't be able to play in the playoffs. I think him being around the guys and on the ice for practice will help him down the road