#41 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 02:16 PM

I dont think Sheahan can play next year can he? He is already 19 as of dec. 7th

I think he will be too old

yeah next year the oldest possible players would be born 1/1/1992, and this years it's 1/1/1991.

It's Under-20 tournament and if you're born in very early january and play the semi-finals-finals etc you can actually be 20 and play. It was like this for sweden's (and nowdays nashvilles) patric hornqvist, he was born on 1/1/1987 and if he were to be one day older he wouldn't be eligble to play that tournament he played in.

Edited by mindfly, 15 December 2010 - 02:19 PM.

#42 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 02:22 PM

yeah next year the oldest possible players would be born 1/1/1992, and this years it's 1/1/1991.

It's Under-20 tournament and if you're born in very early january and play the semi-finals-finals etc you can actually be 20 and play. It was like this for sweden's (and nowdays nashvilles) patric hornqvist, he was born on 1/1/1987 and if he were to be one day older he wouldn't be eligble to play that tournament he played in.

Damn I thought so thats too bad, I woulda liked to see him play on the big stage and apparently he was really close to making it.

Maybe theres an injury and he gets the call before the tournament like when Dana Tyrell got hurt playing Sweden and Kane got called up.

Its too bad he wasn't producing at Notre dame, they probably didn't wanna take him just in case he couldn't produce. Had he been in the OHL I bet he makes this team because he produced well at the camp

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#43 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 03:49 PM

Damn I thought so thats too bad, I woulda liked to see him play on the big stage and apparently he was really close to making it.

Maybe theres an injury and he gets the call before the tournament like when Dana Tyrell got hurt playing Sweden and Kane got called up.

Its too bad he wasn't producing at Notre dame, they probably didn't wanna take him just in case he couldn't produce. Had he been in the OHL I bet he makes this team because he produced well at the camp

Exactly, right now in college he's playing with guys 3 to 4 years his elder and are all physically grown. It doesn't surprise me that he would dominate guys his age and younger.

Edited by Konnan511, 15 December 2010 - 03:50 PM.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#44 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:01 PM

I hope Holland calls him to cheer him up. Having a great camp but only to find out you are being cut can take a jab at a young players confidence.

#45 Four

Four

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:20 PM

Bulls***. He shoulda been second line center the way he was playing.

O.o

#46 StevieY'sguy

StevieY'sguy

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:24 PM

Don't worry about Sheahan too much, he hasn't put up many points at ND thus this fall but i attend a CCHA university and i've seen him play 4 or 5 times and he's the real deal, very strong game away from the puck, he'll fit into the Wings system very well and his numbers will come...I'm also good friends with a kid that attended the Wings developmental camp this summer with Sheahan and he said he was very impressed with him and that he's good guy off the ice too...he got into a bit of trouble at the end of last season at ND but it was for drinking and let's be honest who didn't drink and make a few mistakes in college :hehe:

#47 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 06:03 PM

Don't worry about Sheahan too much, he hasn't put up many points at ND thus this fall but i attend a CCHA university and i've seen him play 4 or 5 times and he's the real deal, very strong game away from the puck, he'll fit into the Wings system very well and his numbers will come...I'm also good friends with a kid that attended the Wings developmental camp this summer with Sheahan and he said he was very impressed with him and that he's good guy off the ice too...he got into a bit of trouble at the end of last season at ND but it was for drinking and let's be honest who didn't drink and make a few mistakes in college :hehe:

Especially as a 17 year old freshman.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#48 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 06:46 PM

This just shows the roster was set before the camp. Sheahan will be a lock for next year, though. He outplayed everyone but two guys during the tryouts.

My favorite video. The audio has been my ringtone since ithis video was posted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCbyzELbaTk&feature=related

enjoy it while it lasts :hehe:
be about it!

#49 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 06:49 PM

enjoy it while it lasts :hehe:

Oh God, it's the last 7 years all over again. :rolleyes: :P
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#50 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:24 PM

I'm a big fan of the kid but I don't quite understand how he hasn't produced more points when he gets significant time on the PP. I mean, do his wingers really suck or something? I wish I knew more about his situation at ND.

#51 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:56 PM

Boy, the stories he'll have from this for his boys on their next pub crawl, both in South Bend and St. Catharines.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#52 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:55 AM

Congrats to Sheahan on making the team.. Oh and Go Canada Go!!
IPB Image

#53 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:59 AM

Congrats to Sheahan on making the team.. Oh and Go Canada Go!!

Not sure if serious...

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#54 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:14 PM

Not sure if serious...

Posted Image
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#55 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 01:54 PM

Boy, the stories he'll have from this for his boys on their next pub crawl, both in South Bend and St. Catharines.

Well I'm at school in St Catharines, so hopefully I see him at that pub crawl. Wouldn't mind hearing a story or two haha

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#56 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 02:43 PM

St. Catharines Standard.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#57 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 05:26 PM

Not sure if serious...

I'm serious, I guess I should of put a! after that :P
IPB Image

#58 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 11:42 PM

If his coach at ND didn't tell him to shut down everyone on the ice out there, then he would have had more points and easily would have made the team.

They didn't give me a reason as to why i was cut

That's because the coaches already had the team in mind before the camp.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#59 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:00 AM

If his coach at ND didn't tell him to shut down everyone on the ice out there, then he would have had more points and easily would have made the team.

That's because the coaches already had the team in mind before the camp.

I cant really blame the coaches though. I wanted him to make it as bad as anyone and he had a great camp but 6 assists all season is a little low to risk taking him at the same time.

They werent at a shortage of big, physical centerman either that can play defensive.

Oh well, he's still my favourite prospect along with Callahan and hopefully that camp wont be the last showinng of his offensive abilities this season

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#60 Spongewingredpants

Spongewingredpants

Pragmatic Optimist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:30 PM

:-)

My wish: A healthy roster