• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
up2here

Riley Sheahan

Rate this topic

Boy, the stories he'll have from this for his boys on their next pub crawl, both in South Bend and St. Catharines.

Well I'm at school in St Catharines, so hopefully I see him at that pub crawl. Wouldn't mind hearing a story or two haha

If his coach at ND didn't tell him to shut down everyone on the ice out there, then he would have had more points and easily would have made the team.

They didn't give me a reason as to why i was cut

That's because the coaches already had the team in mind before the camp.

If his coach at ND didn't tell him to shut down everyone on the ice out there, then he would have had more points and easily would have made the team.

That's because the coaches already had the team in mind before the camp.

I cant really blame the coaches though. I wanted him to make it as bad as anyone and he had a great camp but 6 assists all season is a little low to risk taking him at the same time.

They werent at a shortage of big, physical centerman either that can play defensive.

Oh well, he's still my favourite prospect along with Callahan and hopefully that camp wont be the last showinng of his offensive abilities this season

I'm so confused why this thread was necromanced.

This time I am necromancing it for good reason.

Sheahan has scored his first goal of the season :yowza::siren: :siren: :siren:

as well as 3 assists in that same game. In 2 games (I think, maybe 3) since being back from the junior camp he has a goal and 4 assists. Is his confidence up and he is finally getting his offense going? I sure hope so

as well as 3 assists in that same game. In 2 games (I think, maybe 3) since being back from the junior camp he has a goal and 4 assists. Is his confidence up and he is finally getting his offense going? I sure hope so

If history has taught us anything, it's to be as cynical as possible.

Right now Sheahan still exhibits streaky behavior.

If history has taught us anything, it's to be as cynical as possible.

Right now Sheahan still exhibits streaky behavior.

Haha yeah streaky is an understatement even. But the fact that he lit up the junior camp and came back and carried on that production is a very good sign and does kind of show maybe a bit more confidence.

Really over his last 6 games or so counting the junior camp he has like over 10 points

Great news. :thumbup: I'm glad he's got his mojo back. The first half of his season was an epic slump to say the least.

He was still playing very well the first half of the season, he just didn't have the points to show for it. I read most of the articles of the games he played this season and his coach and other coach always singled him out as being one of the best on the ice.

He was still playing very well the first half of the season, he just didn't have the points to show for it. I read most of the articles of the games he played this season and his coach and other coach always singled him out as being one of the best on the ice.

Defensively he was great. But when you're a top 25 draft pick you need to put the numbers up too. Looks like his experience at the Team Canada camp really helped boost his confidence.

Defensively he was great. But when you're a top 25 draft pick you need to put the numbers up too. Looks like his experience at the Team Canada camp really helped boost his confidence.

Yeah and maybe that cut made him realize he needs to put up some points and kind of put him in his place a bit. Either way, what we're seeing is good. One of the best defensive forward prospects in the entire NHL is starting to put up some points.

Hes our version of Getzlaf I hope :cool:

10 points in 10 games since his dominating performance at the world junior camp, he is 2 points off last seasons

Total already with over 10 games to go.... This is the production we've been hoping for !

10 points in 10 games since his dominating performance at the world junior camp, he is 2 points off last seasons

Total already with over 10 games to go.... This is the production we've been hoping for !

I knew it'd be there sooner rather than later. He has all the tools.

I knew it'd be there sooner rather than later. He has all the tools.

Seems that he is finding more balance in his game instead of just playing strictly shut down defense, earlier reports were saying he was almost like a 3rd defenseman but 10 points in 10 games is telling me he isn't playing that defensive anymore

Edited by newfy

No you're 100% right, he was/is always the first forward back. He is still 1st PK and 1st PP. He's finally finding the back of the net and putting up points. I wouldn't be surprised if he is a point per game or above player next season. Notre Dame has some amazing freshmen on that team and Sheahan will surely benefit next season from them.

I've had the privilege of seeing Sheahan play in person, and he's an incredible talent. I was sitting in the second row watching him play, and from a physical perspective, he just stands out among the guys. I'm hoping he turns into something awesome for the Wings.

I've had the privilege of seeing Sheahan play in person, and he's an incredible talent. I was sitting in the second row watching him play, and from a physical perspective, he just stands out among the guys. I'm hoping he turns into something awesome for the Wings.

Yep hes definitely physical and great defensively. We'll see how his offense comes around. I think hes playing tonight for the griffins