• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rick Zombos Ghost

NJD put Brian Rolston on waivers

Rate this topic

Rolston has a NTC, so easier said than done.

Easy fix:

"Brian, if you waive your NTC and supply us with a list of ten teams you'd approve a trade to, then we won't waive you and send you to the minors with a chance to being claimed by a non-playoff team. Also, Brian, if no one claims you you'll be sent to the minors and won't be in the NHL anymore."

Why in the hell would you want him to begin with?

1. He's from Michigan.

2. He's averaged 25 goals the past 10 seasons.

3. In 15 games he has 1 less goal than Hudler and Modano combined.

Guest Stolberg

he also

1. is lazy

2. has averaged around a goal per playoffs the past 10 seasons

3. has an albatross of a contract

3. has been on the decline the past few years

Easy fix:

"Brian, if you waive your NTC and supply us with a list of ten teams you'd approve a trade to, then we won't waive you and send you to the minors with a chance to being claimed by a non-playoff team. Also, Brian, if no one claims you you'll be sent to the minors and won't be in the NHL anymore."

1. He's from Michigan.

From his quote it sounds like he's open to another team. Also who wouldnt waive a NTC to get out of that mess. His numbers ARE really bad this year. How much of that is him, or the team around him as a whole? Who knows. It would be a 2.5mil gamble on re-entry i think.

absolutely not. I mean: I wholeheartedly disagree.

playing field is level for everyone and rules were same for all and known from the very beginning. hence the situation Devils are in is completely Lamiorello's fault. and the league shouldn't be doing anything about that because if NHL decides to adjust some rules to help "dig" the Devils off their hole - then it's cheating towards the 29 other GMs who iced teams within the same salary cap limit.

Lou is probably playing this game hoping the league recognizes his misery and adjust the cap space accordingly. but I most certainly hope he's not gonna get the free ride.

Well then, I dont think we entirely differ. its the team/franchise that signs these players to ridiculous deals, it should be *solely* them who should be punished. Rolston probably will retire because no team at this point can shoulder the cap hit, even at the reduced re-entry weight. Go ahead, punish the team... individuals should be released and scott free if you asked me.

His contract was originally for 5 mill, But since we are like 23 or so games in, does it not pro-rate it's self to like 3 mill to pick up his remaining contract? Just wondering

For this year, but he's signed for $5 million and change in 2011/12, as well.

From TSN:

Veteran forward Brian Rolston cleared waivers on Wednesday and will suit up for the Devils tonight against the Phoenix Coyotes.

"It's a business. We understand that," Rolston told the Newark Star-Ledger following the club's morning skate. "It's definitely difficult but at the same time, I've been around for a while. I don't think it affects me as much as it would maybe a young player. So I feel fortunate about that.

Fool; he should have asked for an assignment in Albany.

Easy fix:

1. He's from Michigan.

1. And?

2. I see a inconsistent player the past 3 years with a horrible shot getting older

3. Hudler should be off this team and Mo was starting to get it going once that freak injury happened.

Think of Hudler add 10 years and you have Rolston.

From TSN:

Fool; he should have asked for an assignment in Albany.

I'm not sure he would like the bus rides.

Guest Crymson

1. He's from Michigan.

And you want $5m on the books next season for this? No thanks.

Right? Lou really s*** the bed on the Kovy deal. How Kovalchuk taking the blame for their situation is news is beyond me. Of course you're the problem, Ilya, you've handcuffed this team for the entirety of your deal.

Lou's hand was forced by ownership. No way he makes a deal like that based on his own understanding of the game.

His contract was originally for 5 mill, But since we are like 23 or so games in, does it not pro-rate it's self to like 3 mill to pick up his remaining contract? Just wondering

It doesn't work that way.

It's the daily cap hit that matters. The full season number is just easier to use in discussion. Rolston has about $3.1M left in cap hit, but there's only ~62% of the season left to pay it. Daily hit is $27,218, exactly the same as paying the full salary for the full season.

It doesn't work that way.

It's the daily cap hit that matters. The full season number is just easier to use in discussion. Rolston has about $3.1M left in cap hit, but there's only ~62% of the season left to pay it. Daily hit is $27,218, exactly the same as paying the full salary for the full season.

That's correct, except next year it will still be 5mil and change.

Guest Crymson

That's correct, except next year it will still be 5mil and change.

So why is it that you'd want him on the team?