ok, the topless thing is a bit too much

My wish: A healthy roster

#23 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:46 PM

The Russians used to have the best jerseys, back when they had the hammer and sickle on them.

:D
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#24 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 12:55 PM

Here's another one from Scotty Bowman's perspective, having coached both Doug Harvey and Nick Lidstrom and comparing the two.

Add that to the "I never knew that" category :thumbup: Interesting that he compares Lidstrom + Harvey and not LIdstrom + Robinson.....
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#25 troubadour

troubadour

Prospect

• 49 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:22 PM

Does anyone know what Lids is wearing on his wrist? I think I've seen Abdelkader wearing the same thing on-ice, but I can't make out exactly what it is.

#26 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:34 PM

Does anyone know what Lids is wearing on his wrist? I think I've seen Abdelkader wearing the same thing on-ice, but I can't make out exactly what it is.

I noticed that, too. Looked like some kind of Euro-girly watch to me.
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

#27 roboturner

roboturner

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:58 PM

Looks like a power balance bracelet

My link

If you go to the testimony page you will find Mr. Teemu Selanne. Too bad it didn't help him when he got Kronwalled!

Edited by roboturner, 15 December 2010 - 05:03 PM.

This might be getting a little heated. Just know I don't hate any of you guys.

That doesn't mean that I respect ideas & opinions. Some ideas & opinions are ridiculous.

In fact, if you confront my ideas & opinions, that will lead to a discussion. (We're on a discussion board after all. Don't forget that!)

:bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1:

#28 BlakKy

BlakKy

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:17 PM

Posted Image

these were clearly the most badass jerseys

In complete agreement.
A german adler on gold, black and red is pretty intimidating.

In related news... the german world cup jerseys were also the best internationally.

#29 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:24 PM

I always figured Ozzie would have a six-pack.

The beers are just out of shot.

So quick question: Datsyuk gets the puck and he has one guy between him and the goalie and its Lidstrom. Does Dats get by him or does Lids keep him to the outside and force a low percentage shot?

#30 scottj

scottj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:51 PM

I think Lids would be able to keep him on the outside. I have no idea why I think that way, but the guy's just amazing... obviously one of the best, he just knows what he's doin.

good question though... too bad Russia didn't play Sweden in the olympics then you probably would have an answer

I would think that Datsyuk would eventually make it past him but Osgood said that he's never seen Lids f*** up 1 on 1... probably exaggerating but I dunno

Edited by scottj, 15 December 2010 - 05:51 PM.

#31 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:59 PM

The Russians used to have the best jerseys, back when they had the hammer and sickle on them.

:D

I concur, or these beauts:
Posted Image
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#32 megaelixir

megaelixir

why hello there mister kronwall

• 49 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 06:14 PM

My link

If you go to the testimony page you will find Mr. Teemu Selanne. Too bad it didn't help him when he got Kronwalled!

I was so hoping it was a Placebo Band.

Posted Image

#33 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 06:52 PM

I was so hoping it was a Placebo Band.

It is :)

#34 datsyukfan2000

datsyukfan2000

Prospect

• 46 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:40 PM

Good interview, Nick is pure class as usual and do love the jab at Homer (you can hear chuckles in the background). Look at the praise by his peers, I don't think I have read an interview by Orr that did not praise Nick on his ability to be at the right place - right time, Orr praises his smarts/vision and making the hard look easy. Screw Melrose as he doesn't know squat, when Bobby Orr breaks out the praise it makes Melrose insignificant also Scotty Bowman doesn't give out the praise much. I remember a interview with Nick and they asked him if he ever had to go see Coach Bowman for being in his doghouse, Nick said "Never went to the Coach's office".

#35 stormboy

stormboy

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 06:39 AM

My link

it didn't help him with anything else, either. i would think someone as seemingly-intelligent as lids would buy in to crap like that. though, i guess when you make millions of dollars a year you can afford a thirty dollar bracelet that doesn't do anything.

go wings.

#36 megaelixir

megaelixir

• 49 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:13 AM

it didn't help him with anything else, either. i would think someone as seemingly-intelligent as lids would buy in to crap like that. though, i guess when you make millions of dollars a year you can afford a thirty dollar bracelet that doesn't do anything.

From the Power Band website: "Power Balance is based on the idea of optimizing the body’s natural energy flow, similar to concepts behind many Eastern philosophies."

Ahahaha...because anything foreign is MAGICAL.

Posted Image

#37 stormboy

stormboy

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 02:28 AM

From the Power Band website: "Power Balance is based on the idea of optimizing the body’s natural energy flow, similar to concepts behind many Eastern philosophies."

Ahahaha...because anything foreign is MAGICAL.

hah. right, exactly. s*** like this is stupid and relatively harmless, but ideas like this can be quite nefarious. a friend's dad was dying of cancer a while ago and this dude fleeced them of a bunch of money by convincing to use stuff basically like this -- that he could realign his "frequencies" and his body would heal itself.

anyway, i should give myself a stay-on-topic emoticon. maybe i'll go start a pseudoscience thread in the watercooler...

go wings.

#38 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 02:57 AM

sounds like they fleeced themselves

#39 CopenhagenWing

CopenhagenWing

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 12:34 PM

I concur, or these beauts:
Posted Image

Best line I ever saw play.

#40 megaelixir

megaelixir

• 49 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 05:22 PM

hah. right, exactly. s*** like this is stupid and relatively harmless, but ideas like this can be quite nefarious. a friend's dad was dying of cancer a while ago and this dude fleeced them of a bunch of money by convincing to use stuff basically like this -- that he could realign his "frequencies" and his body would heal itself.

anyway, i should give myself a stay-on-topic emoticon. maybe i'll go start a pseudoscience thread in the watercooler...

:thumbup:

do it!

Posted Image