• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

12/15 GDT: Blues 2 at Red Wings 5

Rate this topic

just came in here to post that :hehe:

i cant stand their rink announcer.

good thing you cant downvote people anymore, cuz im sure i'd get a few for that one.

I agree, not that I can't stand him, but he does need to retire, hang em up so to say. I absolutely hate a analyst, color guy or PA announcer who doesn't pronounce the names right. Sure, there are some hard, but WTF else do you have to do besides learn the players names? Here's a concept, talk to the players during the day and ask them how to pronounce it. then write it down phonetically.

Couple of my Bud Lynch Favs: "VEEA"chezlov (long A sound instead of short A) Kozlov or Keith CHACHOOK...

Ugh...the HBO series on Pens/Caps is on and guess what the channel guide title is? "24/7 Penguins".

...hate those guys

I almost broke my remote the other day, trying to turn that promo off, before it seared my eyeballs. Ugh.

just came in here to post that :hehe:

i cant stand their rink announcer.

good thing you cant downvote people anymore, cuz im sure i'd get a few for that one.

Burn the heretic!

Incredible game by Lids. Wish I'd been there.

I agree, not that I can't stand him, but he does need to retire, hang em up so to say. I absolutely hate a analyst, color guy or PA announcer who doesn't pronounce the names right. Sure, there are some hard, but WTF else do you have to do besides learn the players names? Here's a concept, talk to the players during the day and ask them how to pronounce it. then write it down phonetically.

Couple of my Bud Lynch Favs: "VEEA"chezlov (long A sound instead of short A) Kozlov or Keith CHACHOOK...

I'm sure it was just a slip of the tongue. I'm sure Budd knows how to pronounce Lidstrom's name.

Have you even watched the game tonight? Plus, everyone knows Fanzen has been snake-bitten the past 10 or so games. It's hard for a pure playmaker to boost his stats when his line-mates aren't finishing.

Blah blah blah I hate Filppula blah blah blah

No, of course he hasn't. If he actually watched Filppula instead of just looked at the box score after every game, he wouldn't say the stupid s*** about him that he does.

Can you guys read?

Last time I checked Flip has been "slumping" too. Oh, and his slumping line mates still have better totals and +/- than Flip. Hmm...

Where did I say anything about his performance in this game in that post? Anywhere? Bueller? Bueller?

Facts:

Flip has 1 assist for 1 point in his last 7 games.

Franzen has 2 goals and 2 assists for 4 points in his last 7 games.

Bertuzzi has 1 goal and 1 assist for 2 points in his last 7 games.

While Bert's not doing much for himself, it's tough to criticize Flip's "slumping" line mates for Flip's inability to get points when they've both got better numbers lately than Flip.

And again, I didn't say anything about his performance in this game. Go reading comprehension...

im not really against anyone for getting a name wrong, there are some weird ones out there.... but his voice is just so......... drab. everyone says the joe doesnt rock.... and part of that means you need to get a rink announcer that has some pizazz... some flair. get everyone excited.