Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,480 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:49 PM

Last one, promise, but I found it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W23HtPGB8l0

tears in my eyes from laughing... love the crowd boo'ing. LOL, LOL~

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#622 scottj

scottj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:51 PM

Yeah was anybody expecting pavel to shoot like that? no. If he can do it, why not?

#623 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,760 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:56 PM

Sorry to bring back some bad memories, but here's Budd introducing the players before Game 1 of the 1995 Final.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASEB56XfrhA&feature=related

Still shaking my head on how our all-star lineup lost to a team that had Shawn Chambers and Stephan Richer on it...

mishap? maybe because ever since he was drafted all we have seen is Crosby Crosby Crosby, do YOU even know what his first name is?

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#624 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:57 PM

I love too how Budd gets the Bettman's self proclaimed so called face of the NHL's name wrong. Classic!
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#625 King Crane

King Crane

3rd Line Checker

• Silver Booster
  • 387 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:02 PM

Current dorm room white-board:
Posted Image

"I'll smile in June" - Jimmy Howard 

#626 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,158 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:04 PM

I know what the numbers are. The marginal differences are irrelevant. Franzen's marginal difference are marginally higher because he plays with Datsyuk on the first PP. Just watch the game and you'll see that Franzen and Bert are under performing and while Filppula may not be playing to the best of his ability (And I mean that literally, I'm not implying he isn't playing well - he is), he is getting no help out there.

I also got no rebuttal to my rebuttal in the last GDT. :ph34r:

I'm actually pretty happy with Bert's play. It'd always be good to see him get more goals, but he's a cheap addition that plays hungry every game and he's really transformed his game to fit into this system. He's had a very good season aside from putting up descent numbers already. Last summer when we brought him back, we were more worried about his being able to stay healthy enough to play and whether or not he'd be a liability let alone whether or not he could actually contribute. He's only "underachieving" lately because he's done such a good job of overachieving, especially this year in developing his two-way game and taking less penalties.

If Franzen was truly slumping even Dats and the power play wouldn't help him. He may not be hot but he's not quite slumping. Again, 4 points including 2 goals in 7 games isn't great, but is it really bad, let alone slumping? Either way, it must be nice to have a "slumping" stretch that puts you on pace to put up more points than Flip is on pace for on the whole season.

Flip's had power play time too, no?

Flip did play a good game and he did create chances. Again, I never said he didn't. I just think it's ridiculous to rip Bert and Franzen, declare them to be slumping when they'e both completed better not only lately but all year.

The line isn't clicking right now, it's as simple as that. Tough to assign blame for that and I would've been fine with the suggestion that the line simply isn't clicking. But again and again, it makes no sense to criticize the guys doing more while praising the guy doing less and then blaming any such issue on the players who have been doing more.

Flip is hardly above criticism lately despite a good effort tonight. Babcock called him out Monday in the press too...
-Elliot...does not panic.

#627 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,760 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:04 PM

I can't stand Paul Woods, his "uh" every other word make it nearly impossible to follow what he says. "And-uh Datsyuk had-uh a good-uh game-uh tonight. Uh, let's-uh hope they can repeat-uh tomorrow."

it's sub-conscious. I work with a guy that says "...and all that" after like EVERY sentence. ARGH! Also, have you ever listened to a Marty Lapointe interview? "you know..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQnsGvWQ4Ys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLI2bKYs6l0&feature=related

Edited by LeftWinger, 15 December 2010 - 11:05 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#628 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,081 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:08 PM

Proud to say I tossed my first hat on the Joe Louis Arena ice tonight. Had some great seats and a brand new hat (tonight was the first time I've had a chance to wear it) -- it went to a worthy cause!

Thanks Nick!

#629 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:11 PM

Proud to say I tossed my first hat on the Joe Louis Arena ice tonight. Had some great seats and a brand new hat (tonight was the first time I've had a chance to wear it) -- it went to a worthy cause!

Thanks Nick!

:thumbup: So worth it!
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#630 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:14 PM

That Steven Crosby guy, such a gun.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#631 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:18 PM

Posted Image

#632 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:21 PM

Posted Image

He looks more like a pissed off man. This must be the game after he got a ball removed.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#633 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:22 PM

How about that young guy getting his first career hat trick tonight?

Too bad there's no curly fries this year :(

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#634 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:22 PM

Posted yet?
Posted Image
  • Nev likes this
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#635 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:32 PM

Posted Image

How about that young guy getting his first career hat trick tonight?

Too bad there's no curly fries this year :(

It is for this game!!!!!

FSND.com

"You just never know," Lidstrom said. "Towards the end of the game, I thought Clears was going to look for me. I think the puck was standing up on end, just trying to get it on net and I got a lucky bounce again."

The feat is also lucky for local Wings fans, who can get a free order of curly fries from Arby's Thursday with a copy of the box score.

As is typical of Lidstrom, he didn't show a lot of emotion as the hats cascaded onto the ice in celebration of his feat.

"That's how he is," said Henrik Zetterberg, who assisted on all three of Lidstrom's goals. "I think he's pretty happy inside and relieved to get that one. I think he's happy to get it on home ice in front of our fans."

Most of the Wings, including Zetterberg, had no idea that Lidstrom had never gotten a hat trick in his storied career.

"I didn't know until the guys said it after the game here," goaltender Jimmy Howard said. "It's amazing. But he definitely deserves it. He's Mr. Perfect. He does everything right."

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • Nev likes this
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#636 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:47 PM

Seriously, I know I'm captain obvious, but how good is Lidstrom? I fear what will happen when he retires, he'll leave a huge hole in this team, not just by his play, but mentally, not having him in the rooms and on the ice will be a major blow.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#637 Joey v3.4

Joey v3.4

Stoned

• Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:58 PM

It took 19 years, and an all-star career.....it took four Stanley cups, and six Norris Trophies....

But at long last, Nick got some.....

CURLY FRIES!!!!!!

(Or Jr Roast Beef)
And Boom goes the Dynamite.

#638 Joey v3.4

Joey v3.4

Stoned

• Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:06 AM

Seriously, I know I'm captain obvious, but how good is Lidstrom? I fear what will happen when he retires, he'll leave a huge hole in this team, not just by his play, but mentally, not having him in the rooms and on the ice will be a major blow.

Detroit has always recovered from losses of players.

When Yzerman started going, people wondered where our offense would come from. Shanahan, Fedorov, people were worried to see all of them leave. When Murphy left people wondered who would pair with Nic, Schneider stepped in and did well, then when he left, Rafalski stepped up.

That said, usually we had an "option" to replace all of those guys (And the dozens of others that have come and gone through the years), but I must admit I don't see any type of replacement for Lidstrom.

Guys like Stevie Y, Shanahan....they're great forwards, but you can find diamonds in the rough like Zetterberg and Datsyuk to keep the locomotive chugging along.

In order to replace Lidstrom you need to draft a Bobby Orr. I don't see that happening.

Great forwards are rare, but there are a few of them each year. Great all around defense-Man are almost impossible to find.

Bright side: When Lids retires, we'll have a lot of cap room to mess with.
Dark side: Our style of play will change, and the first year or two without him, we will definitely feel an impact.

Lets hope Holland is still active when Lidstrom retires. We'll need the front office on their toes that year.
And Boom goes the Dynamite.

#639 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,030 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:43 AM

lids should take over as defensive coach!

#640 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:54 AM

I get the weird feeling this is Lidstrom's last year..hopefully i'm wrong, but anyhow, although it will be a significant blow to the team, there will be plenty of guys we will look at to take his spot. I wouldn't mind seeing Ryan Suter or Keith Yandle in his place. Obviously i'd love to see Drew Doughty or Shea Weber in a Wings sweater, but that seems like a long shot right now.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien