• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Echolalia

24/7 debuts tonight on HBO

Rate this topic

I'd rather just pretend that's not happening right now :P

Bend over and take it like a man :yowza: You did it us for the last 20 years and whats good for the goose is good for the gander :thumbup:

Edited by Nev

Bend over and take it like a man :yowza: You did it us for the last 20 years and whats good for the goose is good for the gander :thumbup:

:lol: No comeback from me, we deserve the bashing we are receiving. Just straight up awful.

on topic: Just finished watching the first episode. Really enjoyed it, like people have already said there is not a huge focus on Crosby/Ovechkin but rather the teams as a whole. It's really interesting to see what goes on in the locker rooms. I would kill for a Wings based series like this!

For all of you passing judgement on the show, you should really watch it, then eat your crow. Crosby was rarely shown while OV was shown a lot. Actually, Pascal was shown more than Crosby lol.

I have to agree. I don't much like Crosby, but the show is fantastic. It really brings a human element to the game that we all love.

FWIW I hate Crosby's whining as much as anyone, but he seems like a fun guy off the ice. Cooke is still a ******, though.

Love Bylsma, too. The guy seems like he's an awesome coach. Boudreau... :rolleyes:

I have to agree. I don't much like Crosby, but the show is fantastic. It really brings a human element to the game that we all love.

FWIW I hate Crosby's whining as much as anyone, but he seems like a fun guy off the ice. Cooke is still a ******, though.

Love Bylsma, too. The guy seems like he's an awesome coach. Boudreau... :rolleyes:

Boudreau is sooooooo bad!!!!!

"And I looked down to see who was spearing me in the shins....of course it's Cookie's kid.....just like their dad."

:lol: No comeback from me, we deserve the bashing we are receiving. Just straight up awful.

on topic: Just finished watching the first episode. Really enjoyed it, like people have already said there is not a huge focus on Crosby/Ovechkin but rather the teams as a whole. It's really interesting to see what goes on in the locker rooms. I would kill for a Wings based series like this!

ESPN did a show like that on the Wings back in 2003.

That was quite entertaining as well.

hmmm, this is funny. I can access nhltorrents.co.uk on my phone but not on my computer. Is comcast blocking their website or something? I've never heard of something like this. Finally today, I was waiting around and decided to see if the website worked on my phone and sure enough it did... anyone have a similar problem?

For all of you passing judgement on the show, you should really watch it, then eat your crow. Crosby was rarely shown while OV was shown a lot. Actually, Pascal was shown more than Crosby lol.

That's cool. I'll eat crow then :lol:

I just don't want to give Crosby ratings, even if he isn't in there much. It's my personal protest to him and Gary Bettman. I'm not watching the outdoor game either.

Long time no see, dudes! If you havent seen it and are able: to quote Boudreau, "Get your asses out of your heads!" and see it. ;-) Great watch no matter which team, it really shows a great perspective on player culture, shows the day to day rather than just a lot of glossy hype. Play the Puck Daddy Drinking Game at your own risk, Craig Adams is shown for over 3 seconds (reading literature on the plane while others play video games and cards...obviously a Harvard grad.)

Edited by Free_Candy

wings behind the scenes now would be boring

I agree. Watching a team who you know is going to win more often than not and you know will make a serious run for the cup isn't as entertaining than an Eastern team who plays only offense and is prone to early round exists.

Guest Stolberg

we have too many BORING OLD GUYS

wasn't there a wings doc made in 02 or 03? that is probably a lot more interesting, with guys like hull, avery, shanahan, chelios, etc.

wings behind the scenes now would be boring

At least with a Wings behind the scenes they could look at the progression of the dynasty. Unlike Pittsburgh, where they're focusing on just a few years, with at best flashbacks to the early nineties. And Washington, showing now that even with the "best player in the league" you can still suck.

If you're looking for drama, then yeah Pittsburgh and Washington are great teams to follow.

If you wanted an inspirational story of routine success, endless hall of famers, multiple cups, and to follow 15 proven cup winners around for a year, half a dozen presidents trophies, and 4 stanley cups in the last two decades..................well.....who cares about that :) Right :)

It's much more fascinating, to watch two teams that only got good a few years ago, one of which is struggling, the other of which even after watching 24/7, 90% of it's fans couldn't name 5 members of the team without google :) High chance, that when asked, most of them would say "Hossa" was still on their team :)

Edited by Joey v3.4