• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Echolalia

24/7 debuts tonight on HBO

Rate this topic

we have too many BORING OLD GUYS

wasn't there a wings doc made in 02 or 03? that is probably a lot more interesting, with guys like hull, avery, shanahan, chelios, etc.

Yea that was awesome...it followed them through the whole season though as they were trying to repeat as champs.

That was the most perfect group of guys to follow with a camera...Hull is such an awesome personality to have in the locker room

At least with a Wings behind the scenes they could look at the progression of the dynasty. Unlike Pittsburgh, where they're focusing on just a few years, with at best flashbacks to the early nineties. And Washington, showing now that even with the "best player in the league" you can still suck.

If you're looking for drama, then yeah Pittsburgh and Washington are great teams to follow.

If you wanted an inspirational story of routine success, endless hall of famers, multiple cups, and to follow 15 proven cup winners around for a year, half a dozen presidents trophies, and 4 stanley cups in the last two decades..................well.....who cares about that :) Right :)

It's much more fascinating, to watch two teams that only got good a few years ago, one of which is struggling, the other of which even after watching 24/7, 90% of it's fans couldn't name 5 members of the team without google :) High chance, that when asked, most of them would say "Hossa" was still on their team :)

Joey thats not at all what the series is about. It's about the day to day lives of an nhl player, and it was fascinating. They showed about two minutes at the start of the past few seasons setting up where the teams are and what they're trying to accomplish and then it was all about the present. The series is being filmed over a for week period, so all the footage is from right now, they're still filming for next wednesdays episode. I dislike Pittsburg as much as any Red Wing fan, but they didn't force Crosby down your throat and he wasn't even the most featured Penguin (Talbot or Dupuis were). You suggest watching a team like Washington struggle and seeing what it's like behind the scenes isn't fascinating, I thought it was amazing television. Seeing Boudreau possibly fighting for his job and hearing his rants in between periods or during timeouts was amazing access they you don't usually get to see. As for Pittsburg it was all fun and games as it should be when your on a 12 game win streak, but the beauty of this show is that it could all change beacuae it's being filmed as they show it to you. They are on a two game slide right now(which will be in next weeks episode) and if it turns into a 3, 4, or 5 game losing streak we'll be able to see how another team deals with adversity. Other highlights were a couple fights and hearing what goes on before during and after a fight. Also hearing Ovechkin talk to the refs after Semin takes a 5 minute crosschecking major. I thought the show was riveting and to everyone not giving it a chance because you don't like the teams I think your missing out big time.

Edited by nosyt612

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

i was gonna post a link for those who are in dyer need to watch it..but dont need to now!

i found it quite entertaining

HBO officially posted it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt6Aqf--DP8

HBO always does quality stuff, but still, you can tell this is geared towards really amateur fans.

HBO officially posted it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt6Aqf--DP8

HBO always does quality stuff, but still, you can tell this is geared towards really amateur fans.

If you disagree, It referred to the Winter Classic as a "stunning display", and labeled it as as "Signature spectacle".

When you use lines like that in the first 2 minutes of the show, it's clear they're not reaching out to fans, but instead just trying to win over audiences.

If you disagree, It referred to the Winter Classic as a "stunning display", and labeled it as as "Signature spectacle".

When you use lines like that in the first 2 minutes of the show, it's clear they're not reaching out to fans, but instead just trying to win over audiences.

I don't necessarily think it's meant to be that way. 24/7 is really a boxing series and it's the same crew that does it. They're just used to hyping stuff in that fashion especially because they are promoting fights that are on HBO or HBO PPV. I don't know if they do, but it's possible that they may have some arrangement with NBC too.

Just watched it, thoroughly enjoyable.

Dan Bylsma came across very well. Measured man, tough, but fair, and you can see why he's had success.

Bruce Boudreau on the other hand, my goodness, I have no idea how the players can draw any inspiration from this man. That's how he reacts when the going gets tough? Oh dear.

Fascinating insight. :thumbup:

My mom already called me about how many f-bombs I used," Boudreau said. "Listen, it was a passionate speech. It wasn't anything that I'm sitting there and manufacturing up the word just to say the word. When you're talking with passion sometimes I don't know what's coming out of my mouth, quite frankly. That's what came out.

All I saw was a man using the f bomb thinking if he used it a lot the team might think he was serious and they looked right through it.

EDIT: Talbot: I want for Christmas... your two little helpers.

HAH!!

Edited by dragonballgtz

All I saw was a man using the f bomb thinking if he used it a lot the team might think he was serious and they looked right through it.

EDIT: Talbot: I want for Christmas... your two little helpers.

HAH!!

Agreed with both points.

Massive brownie points for Talbot for that comment. :lol:

Edited by Aussie_Wing

Just watched it, thoroughly enjoyable.

Dan Bylsma came across very well. Measured man, tough, but fair, and you can see why he's had success.

Bruce Boudreau on the other hand, my goodness, I have no idea how the players can draw any inspiration from this man. That's how he reacts when the going gets tough? Oh dear.

Fascinating insight. :thumbup:

You don't think Babcock cusses in the locker room when they lose 5-0 to the Kings?

Edited by GMRwings1983

OMG, they cuss in hockey locker rooms?

:scared:

Here is the highlights of EPISODE 1 if anyone hasn't seen it yet.

I took the time to edit it, give it a watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n94vytxB77Q

Edited by casey holmstrom

I loved it, HBO did an amazing job it made me actually like 2 of my least favorite teams. I have always like Bylsma, but I didn't realize how cool he is. Cant wait for the next one.

I feel the same way, I dislike both teams but being so close to them by seeing behinds the scenes footage really started making me feel the depressing losing streak washington had, as well as the sweet sweet winning streak pittsburgh had.

I wouldn't say I like Bylsma though. I was wearing a Muskegon Cheifs (local pee-wee hockey club here) hoodie while getting some apple cider at a local shop in Spring Lake when the lady at the counter said, "oh Muskegon Cheifs, eh? you've probably heard of my son then? I was like oh who is that? She replies Danny Bylsma... and I was like, "oh sure.." with a big smirk. Then she is like, "still bitter after he won the cup I see?" I got my apple cider and got the hell out of there.

Dan Bylsma's mom talking trash. Man I hate Pittsburgh... the dude is a shameful traitor all things Michigan!