• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#41 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,919 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:49 PM

For all of you passing judgement on the show, you should really watch it, then eat your crow. Crosby was rarely shown while OV was shown a lot. Actually, Pascal was shown more than Crosby lol.

That's cool. I'll eat crow then :lol:

I just don't want to give Crosby ratings, even if he isn't in there much. It's my personal protest to him and Gary Bettman. I'm not watching the outdoor game either.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#42 Free_Candy

Free_Candy

Rookie

• Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 04:17 PM

Long time no see, dudes! If you havent seen it and are able: to quote Boudreau, "Get your asses out of your heads!" and see it. ;-) Great watch no matter which team, it really shows a great perspective on player culture, shows the day to day rather than just a lot of glossy hype. Play the Puck Daddy Drinking Game at your own risk, Craig Adams is shown for over 3 seconds (reading literature on the plane while others play video games and cards...obviously a Harvard grad.)

Edited by Free_Candy, 16 December 2010 - 04:18 PM.

"It's a great day for hockey." -- Badger

#43 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 04:48 PM

This was actually very entertaining. Made me miss playing hockey a lot. Fun show

I would love to see behind the scenes with the wings.

#44 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 04:49 PM

wings behind the scenes now would be boring

#45 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 04:52 PM

the streaks by both teams are perfect drama for this

ALMOST TOO PERFECT

its almost like it was setup that way. conspiracy!

it would entertain me

#46 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:42 AM

Need Maltby and Draper going with pranks on the team, then it would be entertaining.

#47 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 02:02 AM

I agree. Watching a team who you know is going to win more often than not and you know will make a serious run for the cup isn't as entertaining than an Eastern team who plays only offense and is prone to early round exists.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#48 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:39 AM

we have too many BORING OLD GUYS

wasn't there a wings doc made in 02 or 03? that is probably a lot more interesting, with guys like hull, avery, shanahan, chelios, etc.

#49 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,264 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:19 AM

NHL's slice of reality tv?
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#50 Joey v3.4

Joey v3.4

Stoned

• Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:51 PM

At least with a Wings behind the scenes they could look at the progression of the dynasty. Unlike Pittsburgh, where they're focusing on just a few years, with at best flashbacks to the early nineties. And Washington, showing now that even with the "best player in the league" you can still suck.

If you're looking for drama, then yeah Pittsburgh and Washington are great teams to follow.

If you wanted an inspirational story of routine success, endless hall of famers, multiple cups, and to follow 15 proven cup winners around for a year, half a dozen presidents trophies, and 4 stanley cups in the last two decades..................well.....who cares about that :) Right :)

It's much more fascinating, to watch two teams that only got good a few years ago, one of which is struggling, the other of which even after watching 24/7, 90% of it's fans couldn't name 5 members of the team without google :) High chance, that when asked, most of them would say "Hossa" was still on their team :)

Edited by Joey v3.4, 17 December 2010 - 01:55 PM.

And Boom goes the Dynamite.

#51 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:56 PM

that's really interesting, thanks! :)

#52 irishtemper14+25

irishtemper14+25

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 03:27 PM

we have too many BORING OLD GUYS

wasn't there a wings doc made in 02 or 03? that is probably a lot more interesting, with guys like hull, avery, shanahan, chelios, etc.

Yea that was awesome...it followed them through the whole season though as they were trying to repeat as champs.

That was the most perfect group of guys to follow with a camera...Hull is such an awesome personality to have in the locker room

Kudos to Teeman for the Sig
"You remember that chap a few years ago, climbed Everest with no oxygen, came down nearly dead...they asked him why he went up there to die. He said I didn't, I went up there to live."

#53 nosyt612

nosyt612

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 03:28 PM

At least with a Wings behind the scenes they could look at the progression of the dynasty. Unlike Pittsburgh, where they're focusing on just a few years, with at best flashbacks to the early nineties. And Washington, showing now that even with the "best player in the league" you can still suck.

If you're looking for drama, then yeah Pittsburgh and Washington are great teams to follow.

If you wanted an inspirational story of routine success, endless hall of famers, multiple cups, and to follow 15 proven cup winners around for a year, half a dozen presidents trophies, and 4 stanley cups in the last two decades..................well.....who cares about that :) Right :)

It's much more fascinating, to watch two teams that only got good a few years ago, one of which is struggling, the other of which even after watching 24/7, 90% of it's fans couldn't name 5 members of the team without google :) High chance, that when asked, most of them would say "Hossa" was still on their team :)

Joey thats not at all what the series is about. It's about the day to day lives of an nhl player, and it was fascinating. They showed about two minutes at the start of the past few seasons setting up where the teams are and what they're trying to accomplish and then it was all about the present. The series is being filmed over a for week period, so all the footage is from right now, they're still filming for next wednesdays episode. I dislike Pittsburg as much as any Red Wing fan, but they didn't force Crosby down your throat and he wasn't even the most featured Penguin (Talbot or Dupuis were). You suggest watching a team like Washington struggle and seeing what it's like behind the scenes isn't fascinating, I thought it was amazing television. Seeing Boudreau possibly fighting for his job and hearing his rants in between periods or during timeouts was amazing access they you don't usually get to see. As for Pittsburg it was all fun and games as it should be when your on a 12 game win streak, but the beauty of this show is that it could all change beacuae it's being filmed as they show it to you. They are on a two game slide right now(which will be in next weeks episode) and if it turns into a 3, 4, or 5 game losing streak we'll be able to see how another team deals with adversity. Other highlights were a couple fights and hearing what goes on before during and after a fight. Also hearing Ovechkin talk to the refs after Semin takes a 5 minute crosschecking major. I thought the show was riveting and to everyone not giving it a chance because you don't like the teams I think your missing out big time.

Edited by nosyt612, 17 December 2010 - 03:31 PM.

#54 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 03:49 PM

Boudreau hears from his mom after '24/7'

:lol:

works every time

#55 scottj

scottj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:45 PM

Watched it last night... always nice to see things from a different perspective

especially hockey

#56 Chelios57

Chelios57

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 06:11 PM

Atlanta Thrashers: 1999-2011

WINTER CLASSIC 2013

"When you want to measure yourself, you don't measure yourself against, no disrespect to TORONTO or any other team that I can think of right now, you measure yourself against the Detroit Red Wings. They are the best in the league, and whether they won last year's Cup or didn't win last year's Cup, they're the measuring stick." - Bruce Boudreau

#57 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:07 PM

i was gonna post a link for those who are in dyer need to watch it..but dont need to now!

i found it quite entertaining

#58 rbkhockey43

rbkhockey43

Rookie

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:12 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_iNcOL67_E

HBO officially posted it:

Posted Image

#59 Joey v3.4

Joey v3.4

Stoned

• Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 09:05 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt6Aqf--DP8

HBO always does quality stuff, but still, you can tell this is geared towards really amateur fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt6Aqf--DP8

HBO always does quality stuff, but still, you can tell this is geared towards really amateur fans.

If you disagree, It referred to the Winter Classic as a "stunning display", and labeled it as as "Signature spectacle".

When you use lines like that in the first 2 minutes of the show, it's clear they're not reaching out to fans, but instead just trying to win over audiences.
And Boom goes the Dynamite.

#60 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 09:38 PM

If you disagree, It referred to the Winter Classic as a "stunning display", and labeled it as as "Signature spectacle".

When you use lines like that in the first 2 minutes of the show, it's clear they're not reaching out to fans, but instead just trying to win over audiences.

I don't necessarily think it's meant to be that way. 24/7 is really a boxing series and it's the same crew that does it. They're just used to hyping stuff in that fashion especially because they are promoting fights that are on HBO or HBO PPV. I don't know if they do, but it's possible that they may have some arrangement with NBC too.

works every time