• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
clearlybetter11

luckiest man alive

Rate this topic

Coyotes call up no name man to play in tonight's game against the rangers. I think I would rather this than win the lottery.

http://coyotes.nhl.c...s.htm?id=546597

If you won the lottery you could buy the yotes lol....but seriously no self-respecting wings fan would ever want to play for the yotes. What if you had to sit next to Doan on the bench?...........politely?....hmmm?

If you won the lottery you could buy the yotes lol....but seriously no self-respecting wings fan would ever want to play for the yotes. What if you had to sit next to Doan on the bench?...........politely?....hmmm?

A self respecting Wings fan would have to be insane to turn down a once in a lifetime chance to suit up for an NHL team, regardless of who it is.

So how exactly does this work when you figure in the salary cap? It didn't say anything about the Coyotes actually signing him to a player contract.

it was only a one game contract. there was no time to get anyone to MSG for the game.

it was only a one game contract. there was no time to get anyone to MSG for the game.

The flight time from San Antonio is about 3 hours. Given that the article was posted an hour before puck drop, and that the club would have know Bryzgalov's condition well before then, bringing in Montoya or Climie could have been done easily.

The flight time from San Antonio is about 3 hours. Given that the article was posted an hour before puck drop, and that the club would have know Bryzgalov's condition well before then, bringing in Montoya or Climie could have been done easily.

Yeah, not so much. If they wanted to call up a goalie from San Antonio and have him in NYC in time for the game, about the latest they could have placed the call would have been about 9:30am-10:00am. The latest flights out of SA that would arrive at Laguardia or JFK in time for the game would be about 11:30am (Because no carrier flies non-stop San Antonio to NYC). Travelocity shows one Delta flight that leaves at 11:49am that would arrive at 6:20pm, but then getting to the Garden by 7pm would be miraculous to say the least. Tack on arriving in San Antonio an hour early to check in and make it through security, and it's just not feasible.

They probably checked on Bryz around 8-9am to see if he could at least dress for the game. Once they saw that he couldn't, I'm sure they thought the logistics through of flying in a backup from SA, and saw the same screens I looked at to pull that information, so they had to explore other options.

There is no way to know that, plus, you have to find flights.

Yeah, not so much. If they wanted to call up a goalie from San Antonio and have him in NYC in time for the game, about the latest they could have placed the call would have been about 9:30am-10:00am. The latest flights out of SA that would arrive at Laguardia or JFK in time for the game would be about 11:30am (Because no carrier flies non-stop San Antonio to NYC). Travelocity shows one Delta flight that leaves at 11:49am that would arrive at 6:20pm, but then getting to the Garden by 7pm would be miraculous to say the least. Tack on arriving in San Antonio an hour early to check in and make it through security, and it's just not feasible.

They probably checked on Bryz around 8-9am to see if he could at least dress for the game. Once they saw that he couldn't, I'm sure they thought the logistics through of flying in a backup from SA, and saw the same screens I looked at to pull that information, so they had to explore other options.

My post is the cliff-notes version of yours haha.

I think it's a try out contract, and it doesn't count against the cap?

Yeah, they just interviewed the guy on SportsCenter and he said he signed an unpaid 1-game tryout contract, but that he got to keep the jersey and that's enough for him.

Coyotes call up no name man to play in tonight's game against the rangers. I think I would rather this than win the lottery.

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=546597

You'd pass up being a millionaire to watch the game from the bench? Why not just become a millionare and buy seats right on the glass? :)

Pretty cool. Hope he gets in.

You'd pass up being a millionaire to watch the game from the bench? Why not just become a millionare and buy seats right on the glass? :)

Pretty cool. Hope he gets in.

The game was last night. He didn't get in.