luckiest man alive

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 clearlybetter11

clearlybetter11

Prospect

• 45 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:35 PM

Coyotes call up no name man to play in tonight's game against the rangers. I think I would rather this than win the lottery.

http://coyotes.nhl.c...s.htm?id=546597

#2 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:59 PM

yikes
be about it!

#3 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:01 PM

Not too lucky for the Yotes if he actually has to play. He had a 14-51 record in college? lol
Posted Image

#4 nate94gt

nate94gt

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:02 PM

I wish him well :cool:

#5 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:46 PM

They should really let him overripe in the AHL for a few years. Kind of like Kenny does here. I mean, I guess he's just a little bit ahead of the curve here in comparison to the rest of the NHL...

Posted Image

#6 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,804 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:51 PM

2010-2011 Vezina winner. You heard it here first. :ph34r:

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#7 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:53 PM

I never wish injury on a player, but I'd for Barbs to to be injured in warm ups and have this guy play.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#8 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:55 PM

So how exactly does this work when you figure in the salary cap? It didn't say anything about the Coyotes actually signing him to a player contract.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#9 number9

number9

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:55 PM

Coyotes call up no name man to play in tonight's game against the rangers. I think I would rather this than win the lottery.

http://coyotes.nhl.c...s.htm?id=546597

If you won the lottery you could buy the yotes lol....but seriously no self-respecting wings fan would ever want to play for the yotes. What if you had to sit next to Doan on the bench?...........politely?....hmmm?

#10 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:56 PM

If you won the lottery you could buy the yotes lol....but seriously no self-respecting wings fan would ever want to play for the yotes. What if you had to sit next to Doan on the bench?...........politely?....hmmm?

What ever do you mean?!?!

Posted Image

TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#11 number9

number9

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:03 PM

What ever do you mean?!?!

Posted Image

I can't stand to watch him hurt my babies!

#12 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:10 PM

Not too lucky for the Yotes if he actually has to play. He had a 14-51 record in college? lol

LOL i saw that in the interview this season he is 0-23-1
but still an awesome opportunity

#13 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,600 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:10 PM

A self respecting Wings fan would have to be insane to turn down a once in a lifetime chance to suit up for an NHL team, regardless of who it is.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#14 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 11:41 PM

According to capgeek.com, the Yotes have three other goalies signed and in the minors.

WTF?

#15 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 11:43 PM

According to capgeek.com, the Yotes have three other goalies signed and in the minors.

WTF?

I think it's a try out contract, and it doesn't count against the cap?
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#16 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:34 AM

I think it's a try out contract, and it doesn't count against the cap?

Talk about going on the cheap. They use a guy on a tryout instead of bringing up someone from the minors.

Why are we saving this team again, Gary??

#17 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:52 AM

So how exactly does this work when you figure in the salary cap? It didn't say anything about the Coyotes actually signing him to a player contract.

it was only a one game contract. there was no time to get anyone to MSG for the game.

#18 Norwegian Red Wing

Norwegian Red Wing

He shoots - He SCOOORES!

• HoF Booster
  • 342 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 02:16 AM

Didnt get to play.. What a shame. <_<
Posted Image

#19 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 02:16 AM

it was only a one game contract. there was no time to get anyone to MSG for the game.

The flight time from San Antonio is about 3 hours. Given that the article was posted an hour before puck drop, and that the club would have know Bryzgalov's condition well before then, bringing in Montoya or Climie could have been done easily.

#20 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,804 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 02:31 AM

The flight time from San Antonio is about 3 hours. Given that the article was posted an hour before puck drop, and that the club would have know Bryzgalov's condition well before then, bringing in Montoya or Climie could have been done easily.

Yeah, not so much. If they wanted to call up a goalie from San Antonio and have him in NYC in time for the game, about the latest they could have placed the call would have been about 9:30am-10:00am. The latest flights out of SA that would arrive at Laguardia or JFK in time for the game would be about 11:30am (Because no carrier flies non-stop San Antonio to NYC). Travelocity shows one Delta flight that leaves at 11:49am that would arrive at 6:20pm, but then getting to the Garden by 7pm would be miraculous to say the least. Tack on arriving in San Antonio an hour early to check in and make it through security, and it's just not feasible.

They probably checked on Bryz around 8-9am to see if he could at least dress for the game. Once they saw that he couldn't, I'm sure they thought the logistics through of flying in a backup from SA, and saw the same screens I looked at to pull that information, so they had to explore other options.

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."