• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jollymania

Subban's huge hit

Rate this topic

It's a bit unorthodox to hit with your back but I like the way he lines up the player with those crossovers. It reminds of a kid who use to do that when we played minor travel hockey--except he would come in low with the hip & the victims would fly about 8 feet in the air whilst spinning rapidly... sometimes some of their gear would end up in the seats.

someone's going to kill this kid. If you have a rep for being cocky and do this other teams scum buckets take notice. Course i've said that for years about avery and to my knowledge no one has given him the business. Course p.k. plays on the smallest team in the league

From what I've seen of Subban, he definitely has good technique when it comes to open-ice hits, lines it up north/south and throws the hit with his body, not his arms. A lot like the hits that Kronwall used to make in the playoffs.

I don't see what everyone is complaining about with his attitude, he is not cocky, he is confident, there is a big difference. IMO being cocky is more like what you see in the NBA, where guys hit a jumper, block a shot, or whatever and they pound their chest, showboat down the court, get in the other guy's face, and whatnot. I don't see any of that in Subban's game, he is just confident and so far seems to have the skills to back up his confidence.

I don't see what everyone is complaining about with his attitude, he is not cocky, he is confident, there is a big difference. IMO being cocky is more like what you see in the NBA, where guys hit a jumper, block a shot, or whatever and they pound their chest, showboat down the court, get in the other guy's face, and whatnot. I don't see any of that in Subban's game, he is just confident and so far seems to have the skills to back up his confidence.

This...

At this point, I appreciate his 'swagger' so to speak. I love that - towards the end of the video - you seem him bobbing his head a little while telling off the Bruin whose trying to fight him over the hit. I'd love to have some audio of that so I can hear what Subban is telling him to stick where.

And I'm getting bored with this "go after the opponent following a clean hit" garbage,

... and this. Agreed. 100%