• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

12/17 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Blackhawks 4

Rate this topic

We did have someone that was pretty good at doing that, but he's not on the team anymore.

Sadly.

Other teams go to great lengths to prevent our point men from getting shots through.

However, the best we can do is get a stick in the shooting lane. That's not good enough. Our players need to start going down on the ice to block some shots.

Filppula

Franzen

Bertuzzi

COULD YOU PLEASE DO SOMETHING.

They played probably 4-5 mins each that period, and I think they spent maybe 45 seconds tops in the offensive zone. Bertuzzi looks to be more worried about getting back on defence than actually getting in a position to score, Franzen is just floating and seemingly doesn't care, whilst Filppula isn't having the impact he was earlier in the season. He was flying early, playing aggressive, shooting the puck, now nothing.

Well after the horrible first couple of minutes the Wings took over. Too bad we're still down by one.

But I feel confident we'll turn it around.

P.S. Why isn't Mule playing? I only see some guy called "Franzen" out there, floating.

I hate franzen so much right now, wtf is wrong with him!??????????????

Serioulsy, he's driving me insane. The guy does nothing.

He'll score, but for the other 16 mins he's invisible. And when he's not scoring, it's like having giant waste of a hockey player out there.

Man, their fans are nazis in Chicago. It's okay to lose guys you're playing a dynasty, no one will blame you. Instead of chanting "Detroit sucks," you should be getting your team going, their getting outplayed! You can keep being envious till you're blue in the face, Detroit's just a better team. Maybe in another 49 years you can win the cup again, but for now the Hawks will bow to the Wings.

Here is what I saw in the first:

- Howard still does not look confident in the net... on the first goal he slid way outa position and he is not challenging the shooters enough at all, along with his rebounds. I still think Babs needs to start a goalie rotation system

- Pavel Datsyuk, to no surprise, looked to be the most energized guy in the building and he looks determined tonight... get that puck to Pavel!

- Lidstrom is shooting the puck so well again

- I would like to see Babcock try switching Franzen and Hudler because Franzen needs to be punished a bit for his lazy play and giving him 3rd line minutes may do the trick and Hudler has been playing good and plays well with Filps

-

Sorry, I think I was subconsciously sharing my sadness. I looked at Edi's avatar earlier and thought we really could use him back.

that's OK. My signature will continue to contain "Bring back Lilja" until they actually do.

Sadly.

Other teams go to great lengths to prevent our point men from getting shots through.

However, the best we can do is get a stick in the shooting lane. That's not good enough. Our players need to start going down on the ice to block some shots.

i believe i have only seen 2 occasions this year where someone went down to block. One time was cleary, and the other time was helm. I think helms was in the last week or 2.