• Please log in to reply
533 replies to this topic

#21 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 10:36 AM

I can already hear the constant drone of "Detroit sucks" chants coming from the United Center... sigh...

3-1 victory for the wings, and I predict Cleary, Mule (he's been looking hungry for a goal lately), and Dats with a shot between the legs.

If we win the game they can chant Detroit Sucks all they want because it just makes them look like the idiots that they are. We'll shut the crowd up, hopefully early on in the game.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#22 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 10:47 AM

Video highlights of Wings vs Devils and not Chicago? :lol:

10/9/10 Highlights

Edited by Rivalred, 17 December 2010 - 11:39 AM.

D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#23 hokeychik22

hokeychik22

leapin' lou fontinato

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:51 AM

helm is do for a goal or few goals very soon. he wants one, seemed very frusterated last game when they showed him on the bench.

go wings!

Edited by hokeychik22, 17 December 2010 - 12:02 PM.

#24 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:37 PM

They are gonna boo chelios tonight it appears...one of their greatest players... stay classy chicago

#25 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:45 PM

They are gonna boo chelios tonight it appears...one of their greatest players... stay classy chicago

About as classy as this guy.

Posted Image

#26 redwingmachine

redwingmachine

3rd Line Checker

• Gold Booster
  • 381 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:47 PM

Attention Wings fans going to the UC tonight!!

When the crowd chants, “De-Troit sucks” (as they always do) return the chant, “ELE-VEN CUPS!” It really seems to get under their skin.

Don’t worry “A DOZ-EN CUPS!” will work next year too.

Let's GO WINGS!!

#27 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:50 PM

Attention Wings fans going to the UC tonight!!

When the crowd chants, “De-Troit sucks” (as they always do) return the chant, “ELE-VEN CUPS!” It really seems to get under their skin.

Don’t worry “A DOZ-EN CUPS!” will work next year too.

Let's GO WINGS!!

If a Wings fan can bring a "One and Done" sign, and have it show up on the broadcast, that would be spectacular.

#28 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:20 PM

There's two things I like about the Blackhawk games at the UC:

1) The Detroit Sucks chant. Just shows how envious they are of our franchise, it's a sign of respect.

2) They way they cheer through the national anthem. USA USA USA!!!

Edited by Konnan511, 17 December 2010 - 01:20 PM.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#29 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,912 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:34 PM

Why would they boo Chelios when he no longer plays?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#30 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:37 PM

Same reason select Wing's "fans" boo'd Fedorov. They saw one guy say he was and one guy said it's the right thing to do. It's a snowball effect.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#31 mahimahi23

mahimahi23

Rookie

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:43 PM

Blackhawks 4 Red Wings 2

Sharp with an empty netter to seal the deal.

#32 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:46 PM

he said he would never play for the wings
and then got traded and seems to have enjoyed his time here

and they're still butthurt about it

#33 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:51 PM

Blackhawks 4 Red Wings 2

Sharp with an empty netter to seal the deal.

Flame flame flame...more flame!!!!! Who do you predict for the Wings? How do you feel about Kopecky?
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#34 mahimahi23

mahimahi23

Rookie

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 02:03 PM

Flame flame flame...more flame!!!!! Who do you predict for the Wings? How do you feel about Kopecky?

Flame?

I predict Kopecky will forget which team he plays for and score one in his own net, and Chelios will get pissed about the boos, grab a stick, and run out and score the second goal for Detroit.

#35 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 02:39 PM

Tonight's Officials
Referees Dean Morton (36), Stephen Walkom (24) Linesmen Greg Devorski (54), Mark Wheler (56)

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#36 Louisville

Louisville

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 02:52 PM

20-0 Red Wings

Lidstrom continues with a second hattrick, Holmstrom scores 17 goals all on the power play. 5 more get waived off for breathing on the goalie.

#37 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 03:05 PM

Cannot wait to get out of work and watch this one. Doesn't have the same appeal to it with their roster looking as sad as it is...

Posted Image right 5-1 Wings. In protest Stan's spot in the press box is trashed with apple cores and Fernando Pisani and John Scott jersey shirts. If they make those. Homemade maybe.

Edited by HankthaTank, 17 December 2010 - 03:05 PM.

TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#38 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 03:38 PM

Keith @ -10 is good to see.

I'd like to see the Wings play hard and go up 2-0 in the first. And then just run the score up :yowza:

Edited by syntax, 17 December 2010 - 03:38 PM.

The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#39 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 03:47 PM

Wonder if NHLN is taking the Chicago or Detroit feed.

I'm forced to watch FSD :hehe:

Your any-time FSD online source, with pre and post game coverage along with any Red Wings specials.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#40 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,912 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 05:24 PM

Go Wings.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman