• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Steve Sample

Toughest line in NHL

Rate this topic

Don't know about the NHL, but that Sugdon/Gratton/Verot line seems to be doing pretty well in the KHL.

Teams rarely dress true heavies enough to consistently play them on the same line with other enforcers. Just the way it is now in the NHL. If a heavy plays, some other tough guy sits in his place.

Trevor Gillies - Zenon Konopka - Matt Martin

is a good one

Came in here to say this line. Gillies can go with anyone in the league at all, Konopka is a legit heavyweight and Matt Martin can go with msot light heavyweights and is a very good middle weight.

My money is on this line as the toughest in the league.

I would like to see Detroit trade Hudler for Martin now that I think about it. He's a pretty good player and hits like a truck. Hes not just a goon, he can be a solid third liner some day

Guest Crymson

I'd say one of the toughest teams in the league is Edmonton, with Steve MacIntyre, Colin Fraser, Zack Stortini, Jim Vandermeer, Theo Peckham, Jason Strudwick, J-F Jacques. Jordan Eberle and Taylor Hall won't be getting pushed around when they're surrounded by guys like that.

Eberle and Hall won't be getting much scoring support when they're surrounded by guys like that.

Edited by Crymson

Guest Crymson

True. But I would bet they like having at least one of them dressed each night.

Having seven is very counterproductive. That said, I would bet that winning is the thing most important to them.

Having seven is very counterproductive. That said, I would bet that winning is the thing most important to them.

You can never have too many of those types of guys in the lineup. Jacques can put up some points. Vandermeer, Strudwick, and Peckham are all solid stay at home defensemen. Edmonton's got a bright future with Omark and Paajarvi to go along with Hall and Eberle.

You can never have too many of those types of guys in the lineup. Jacques can put up some points. Vandermeer, Strudwick, and Peckham are all solid stay at home defensemen. Edmonton's got a bright future with Omark and Paajarvi to go along with Hall and Eberle.

Don't forget Sam Gagner. He's only 21 if I remember correctly.

I would love to have Peckham on the Wings. Would make a great 5/6 d-man.

Gillies knocked around Bissonnette pretty good tonight. Quickly becoming one of the most feared enforcers in the NHL.

I didn't think we'd see him in the NHL again after he got KO'd by Boogaard several years back.

He's doing pretty good for himself now.

Gillies- Konopka- Martin is my vote for the toughest line. I don't know if the Leafs have played this line this year, but Orr- Brown- Rosehill would be very tough as well.

They havent, basically the only time Rosehill is is in is if Orr or Brown are going to miss a game. Rosehill can go with the heavies and will fight middlweights so he can fill in both roles.

They havent, basically the only time Rosehill is is in is if Orr or Brown are going to miss a game. Rosehill can go with the heavies and will fight middlweights so he can fill in both roles.

I don't understand why Rosehill isn't getting any time with the Leafs this year. He's a Brian Burke player. Toronto isn't as rough and tumble as many expected them to be under Burke. Sure, Colton Orr can handle just about anyone, but typical Brian Burke teams have several guys up and down the lineup that will get their hands dirty.

I don't understand why Rosehill isn't getting any time with the Leafs this year. He's a Brian Burke player. Toronto isn't as rough and tumble as many expected them to be under Burke. Sure, Colton Orr can handle just about anyone, but typical Brian Burke teams have several guys up and down the lineup that will get their hands dirty.

Toronto has a tough team but they aren't scaring anyone like your typical Burke team for sure.

The sad part is if Rosehill got out of Toronto he would be one of the best hockey playing fighters in the league. He isn't the toughest fighter, he can handle himself against heavyweights though and he is a fast skater who can hit hard.

I would like him in Detroit, him and Abby could be a good 1,2 punch since Abby wins fights now haha

I think it is because they have Brown and Orr. Rosehill isn't as good of a player as Brown and not as good of a fighter as Orr. Therefore, he only plays when either are out.

Winchester- Crombeem- Janssen is another very tough line. While none is a top-5 HW, each can hold their own against almost anyone in the NHL.

Toronto has a tough team but they aren't scaring anyone like your typical Burke team for sure.

The sad part is if Rosehill got out of Toronto he would be one of the best hockey playing fighters in the league. He isn't the toughest fighter, he can handle himself against heavyweights though and he is a fast skater who can hit hard.

I would like him in Detroit, him and Abby could be a good 1,2 punch since Abby wins fights now haha

Id love to see him here. Good to see Abdelkader not throw any punches while his visor was still on. I had a feeling someone was gonna need to answer the bell tonight.