• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

swallow the whistle night

Rate this topic

in my opinion it is nowhere near the worst; not really even that bad. the reason? like you said, it was fair. both teams were called even and the game itself was even. you can tell when a game is going to be called tight or when it will be loose. and its up to the teams and players to recognize that and take advantage of it.

and honestly i didn't see a lot of missed calls anyways. its the ticky tack penalties that have caused diving to go through the roof. really have to earn the penalties tonight

Guest mjtm77

this was no where near as bad as the wings and sharks series last spring. That was just painful to watch

But oddly enough, Chicago's first goal came on, you guessed it, a powerplay.

Walkom's a lousy ref, so I'm not at all surprised.

And one of their goals was on a delayed penalty, so you could say they scored 2 PP goals.

Just a sad officiating effort overall though. And I'm usually of the opinion that there are too many penalties called, I like 5-on-5 play, but this was ridiculous, you gotta make the calls when they're there to be made.

Guest scottj

This forum is so predictable. Once Ken started to ***** about us not getting a penalty I knew this thread was coming.

lol

THANK GOD ken said something or nobody would have noticed

Ken didn't have to say s***

Guest Heaten

Officiating didn't lose this game for the Wings, Howard playing like a block of swiss cheese did. This loss is all on him. His softies have deflated this team. Time for Babcock to bench him. 21 goals in 6 games is unacceptable.

Howard has been aweful.

I actually liked the way the game was called. At least, better than what we get a lot of games.

There was a fair amount of clutching, but not like late-90's level, and it was called even on both sides. Chicago took advantage and played very aggressive defensively. It made the game more exciting IMO.

Guest Heaten

I only blame the first goal on Howard...

GAA can be very deceiving

Third goal was weak too. Giving up a goal against Kopecky??? C'mon! Howard needs to make those saves. Last year he did....

Edited by Heaten

Guest scottj

wasn't exactly the greatest D though either

it was Howie vs. Kopecky n they were movin in fast... can't give ALL the blame to Howie

edit: even though it does seem like Howie was making those great saves a lot more frequently last year than this year

:(

maybe he's gettin spoiled?

Edited by scottj

Guest Heaten

Like I said, giving up those kind of goals are deflating. A save there could have changed the game...

I cringe whenever someone shoots the puck at Howard lately because there's a high-probablity it's going in.

Guest scottj

It is deflating

but so are s***ty passes and never scoring

defense failed, goal was scored, you're down by two... if you can't score a goal after that then I don't think the goalie is the #1 target for blame

I only blame the first goal on Howard...

GAA can be very deceiving

True, but save percentage is a better indicator and Jimmy hasn't been doing too well lately in that department either.

If When Ozzie does well again on Sunday, we need to start seeing him more frequently.

Edited by GoWings1905

Guest scottj

Even though it was close you can't forget the delayed that they scored off of

it wasn't an official powerplay, but they were still up by 1 for the last goal

Guest scottj

k well if you want to make every discussion about every game that simplistic, then I guess you're right.....

however this is a discussion board and I would expect most conversations to get more in depth than that

k well if you want to make every discussion about every game that simplistic, then I guess you're right.....

however this is a discussion board and I would expect most conversations to get more in depth than that

ok... nothing wrong with the officiating tonight, they let it go both ways, and the high stick was automatic, no complaints i hope its like that every night except maybe the Wings play hockey

I was at the game amd didn't think it was too bad. Heck, Howie got away with a couple of blatant spears at one point. My favorite had to be when the Blackhawk took the stick to the face. They showed a replay and it looked like a Hawk whacked him but the fans started booing. I could be wrong about who hit him, if I'm not it was pretty funny.