Photo
- - - - -

Swedish star - Carl Hagelin sign with the Wings?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 07:03 PM

Interesting...

Currently the property of the New York Rangers, who selected the 5-11, 176-pound left-winger from Sodertalje, Sweden with the 168th pick of the 2007 National Hockey League entry draft, word around the NHL is that the Rangers won't be signing Hagelin, who would then become a free agent Aug. 15, 2011. I wouldn't be surprised to see Detroit sign him, said one NHL scout at Saturday's game.

More: http://communities.c...d-to-wings.aspx

#2 MannyK

MannyK

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Location:Brookline, MA (formerly Clinton Township / Ann Arbor, MI)

Posted 19 December 2010 - 03:19 PM

awesome! Hagelin rocks!
Let's Go Wings!

#3 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:54 PM

The NHL scout is just driving his price up I think.

#4 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:58 PM

YES FREAKING PLEASE! Dude is a baller!

#5 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 09:32 PM

Get it done Kenny!

Boom.
:thumbup:
be about it!

#6 Donaldjr2448

Donaldjr2448

LETS GO REDWINGS!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 09:49 PM

Not to mention he is a Wolverine if I am not mistaken!! That would be a great signing!

#7 dicksmack

dicksmack

Tunnel bus to the Joe!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,587 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:04 PM

As Lionel Hutz would say: "Yes, but hearsay and conjecture are kinds of evidence..."
Finally someone that can post with actually integrity, nice to see. :thumbup: --Carman

#8 BlakKy

BlakKy

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 12:29 AM

As Lionel Hutz would say: "Yes, but hearsay and conjecture are kinds of evidence..."

And he is right!

#9 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,561 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 12:42 AM

I hear nothing concrete in that statement. This probably won't happen.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#10 Grim

Grim

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 12:42 AM

no way this guy signs here and accepts assignment to AHL. i can't see Babcock accepting another one-way project like Leino. I'd rather see the Wings give our drafted youngsters a shot at a roster spot.

#11 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 01:01 AM

Why would the Rangers not want him, if he is so good?
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#12 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 01:26 AM

Why would the Rangers not want him, if he is so good?

Rangers are not seeing eye to eye with him and his agent it seems.

In that sense, how significant is all that drama and would the Wings want a character like his?

#13 Shady Ultima

Shady Ultima

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:08 AM

I don't really want to sign any of these 'SUPERSTARS'. Leino was bad enough as a Red Wing. And anyone else remember Brunstrom (sp?) Yea, no thanks.

#14 casey holmstrom

casey holmstrom

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:54 PM

Please Please Please! More Swedes! This kid would have a perfect fit in the Detroit organization, no doubt about that.
Comon Holland!
Posted Image

#15 BlakKy

BlakKy

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:21 PM

I'm more in favor of continuing to cultivate loyalty from within our own team. Unless he says yest to two years in the AHL (with a chance here and there to play in the NHL when injuries strike) he isn't a good signing.

Ville Leino is a good precedent in this case... though I am aware that Hagelin may be nothing like him.

#16 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:29 PM

5-11, 176-pound left-winger from Sodertalje, Sweden

I wouldn't be surprised to see Detroit sign him, said one NHL scout at Saturday's game.

He's a small Swede, of course a scout would say this.

Plus, it seems a lot of people in here are just reading "Swedish Star" and don't know he's only 22 and playing college hockey, he's not over in Europe. It is nowhere near the same situation as Leino.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#17 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 05:19 PM

I don't know anything about him other than the headline says "Swedish Star". And we all know how Detroit love talented Swedes. But if he's got an attitude/entitlement problem, then pass. Don't need another Leino -type situation.

Edited by Heaten, 20 December 2010 - 05:20 PM.

#18 Lidstrom for life

Lidstrom for life

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:17 PM

Ok a couple things. First I don't know why the Rangers aren't planning on signing him but I doubt he has character issues considering he could have already turned pro but chose to go back to school and finish his degree, plus he is the co-captain of Michigan's team. Second he is not a one way player, he is probably the best defensive forward in the CCHA (yes better than Riley Sheahan). Hagelin would be a great pick up.
credits to hobbit-face for my icon.

#19 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:50 PM

I would love the wings to sign this kid.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#20 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:51 PM

Ok a couple things. First I don't know why the Rangers aren't planning on signing him but I doubt he has character issues considering he could have already turned pro but chose to go back to school and finish his degree, plus he is the co-captain of Michigan's team. Second he is not a one way player, he is probably the best defensive forward in the CCHA (yes better than Riley Sheahan). Hagelin would be a great pick up.

I honestly just think people read the title and didn't even bother to see he was in college.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".