Hockeytown0001

12/19 GDT: Stars 4 at Red Wings 3 (OT)

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

Pittsburgh 5 Philly 1

Did you convieniently forget that game?

Or how about Montreal 3 Philly 0

I guess getting shutout doesn't count as a "bad loss"

And I'm not sure that I would be bragging about an 8-7 win over anybody even Tampa

When you make up s*** to support you argumet, you lose credibility.

Pittsburgh-philly game i don't remember, but carey price being the awesome goalie he is stole that game and wouldn't have been a shutout if he had not been in the net, and the tampa game was just absurd but they still won right?

More embarassing are wings losses, 6-4 vs nucks, 5-1 vs atlanta, 5-0 vs kings, 5-2 vs sharks, 4-1 vs stars 4-1 vs hawks etc

Edited by mindfly

Guest scottj

lol... soon enough mindfly's gonna be complaining about his predictions of the Red Wings getting kicked out of the playoffs in the second round in 2019

Pittsburgh-philly game i don't remember, but carey price being the awesome goalie he is stole that game and wouldn't have been a shutout if he had not been in the net, and the tampa game was just absurd but they still won right?

More embarassing are wings losses, 6-4 vs nucks, 5-1 vs atlanta, 5-0 vs kings, 5-2 vs sharks, 4-1 vs stars 4-1 vs hawks etc

Your saying Price stood on his head but whats the difference with the kings beating us 5-0, Quick saved 51 shots you really cant do much better than that.

Guest mindfly

Your saying Price stood on his head but whats the difference with the kings beating us 5-0, Quick saved 51 shots you really cant do much better than that.

Shooting weak shots from the circle with no traffic isn't very impressive.

Shooting weak shots from the circle with no traffic isn't very impressive.

but when Philly does it then its ok ? What happened to this so called amazing goalie Price when Detroit faced him ? why don't you do everyone a favour and go sign up on a Philly forum instead and leave here.

I will be pissed off even if they win this one because i know they are doomed to suck against vancouver on wednesday, that's how they roll, every other game or so.

A question you have yet to answer is why do you even watch hockey if it makes you this ******* miserable?

Even if they win, you'll be pissed? Seriously. Don't watch. Go figure out what brings you even a tiny bit of happiness.

The minuses are gone, but you're the only poster here who makes me miss them.

-

-

-

-

-

Guest mindfly

A question you have yet to answer is why do you even watch hockey if it makes you this ******* miserable?

Even if they win, you'll be pissed? Seriously. Don't watch. Go figure out what brings you even a tiny bit of happiness.

The minuses are gone, but you're the only poster here who makes me miss them.

-

-

-

-

-

Because the team lets me down way too often, how hard is it to put a 100% honest effort into every game?...sometimes i question their character.

Guest scottj

Sometimes a 100% honest effort doesn't translate into pure domination, which we all know is all you're looking for or else you're unsatisfied... Fatigue DOES have an affect on teams' play, so do a million other factors

have you ever played a contact sport? let alone against your counterparts that are the best at what they do in the WORLD?

s*** doesn't go your way and you can't dominate every second of every game... how you continue to expect this honestly ******* baffles me

Guest mindfly

Sometimes a 100% honest effort doesn't translate into pure domination, which we all know is all you're looking for or else you're unsatisfied... Fatigue DOES have an affect on teams' play, so do a million other factors

have you ever played a contact sport? let alone against your counterparts that are the best at what they do in the WORLD?

s*** doesn't go your way and you can't dominate every second of every game... how you continue to expect this honestly ******* baffles me

I sure as hell can't accept getting blown out by a injury depleated CORE!!1-team, nor shutout at home against the kings, even if they have a bit of a off game they should still be able to compete with those teams

Because the team lets me down way too often, how hard is it to put a 100% honest effort into every game?...sometimes i question their character.

This team has the third most points in the league behind Pittsburgh, which has one more point and played 2 more games, and Philly, which has 6 more points and played 3 more games.

So again I ask, if one of the absolutely most successful teams in the NHL right now disappoints you so much, why do you bother to follow them?

I suggest you try playing a sport on a regular basis. First, you'll realize that even when you're trying your hardest, sometimes you're just not at the top of your game. Things are a little off for some reason.

Second, you might actually have fun. :scared:

Guest mindfly

This team has the third most points in the league behind Pittsburgh, which has one more point and played 2 more games, and Philly, which has 6 more points and played 3 more games.

So again I ask, if one of the absolutely most successful teams in the NHL right now disappoints you so much, why do you bother to follow them?

I suggest you try playing a sport on a regular basis. First, you'll realize that even when you're trying your hardest, sometimes you're just not at the top of your game. Things are a little off for some reason.

Second, you might actually have fun. :scared:

Yeah pay me $6mil per year and i will be motivated to give my all every freakin night.

Yeah pay me $6mil per year and i will be motivated to give my all every freakin night.

First, that's not true. You'd get used to that salary and over an 82 game season, there's nights where you just don't have it in you.

Second, you're missing my point. Even when you try your hardest, give it your absolute all, sometimes things are just that bit off. And at the elite level of the sport, the other team is going to make you look bad. That doesn't mean you're not trying your hardest.

The Wings will come out fighting in the 1st period for this one. They want to win this for Ozzie, they all requested that Babcock play Ozzie at home so that he can get #400 at JLA. I just hope they don't over-extend themselves and poop out by the 3rd period.

I think the motivation will be there to win this game. I hope Ozzie doesn't get nervous and make mistakes. I don't think he will, if anything Ozzie plays great under pressure.

The Wings will come out fighting in the 1st period for this one. They want to win this for Ozzie, they all requested that Babcock play Ozzie at home so that he can get #400 at JLA. I just hope they don't over-extend themselves and poop out by the 3rd period.

I think the motivation will be there to win this game. I hope Ozzie doesn't get nervous and make mistakes. I don't think he will, if anything Ozzie plays great under pressure.

Exactly. When the Wings are fired up for a game they usually win it and I would expect that they are fired up for Ozzie today. Alot of NHL hockey is psychological. With the Wings, talent is not an issue they have one of the most taented teams in the league. When they lose it's either they aren't playing hard, the are fatigued or they run into some bad luck.

I don't think that the first will be an issue today and they shouldn't be overly tired so unless they run into some bad luck they should win and my guess is that they will also be fired up for Vancouver on Wednesday but we will see.

Go Wings

You said all 7 of their losses were close games. I pointed out that that was not correct. Now you are making excuses for the ones that were not.