• Please log in to reply
500 replies to this topic

#21 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 12:19 PM

You really like that effect on photos huh Konnan? What is that called again, 'mosaic'?

#22 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 12:31 PM

I will be pissed off even if they win this one because i know they are doomed to suck against vancouver on wednesday, that's how they roll, every other game or so.

Except earlier this season when they rolled through four or five or six games or so getting Ws. Mindfly, I swear it's like you've never watched a complete NHL regular season before. Let me break it down for you:

Your team wins some games for a while. Then they lose some games for a while. Then they win some games for a while. If your team is good, the first and third things occur a little more than the second thing.

/spoilers
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#23 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 12:34 PM

Except earlier this season when they rolled through four or five or six games or so getting Ws. Mindfly, I swear it's like you've never watched a complete NHL regular season before. Let me break it down for you:

Your team wins some games for a while. Then they lose some games for a while. Then they win some games for a while. If your team is good, the first and third things occur a little more than the second thing.

/spoilers

I just compare wings to flyers all the time, the 7 losses flyers have were tight games and could have gone either way while detroit has gotten blown out several times in their 8 losses.

Edited by mindfly, 19 December 2010 - 12:34 PM.

#24 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 12:35 PM

Since they sucked last game i guess it's time for a good performance and then suck again for the vancouver game on wednesday.

Wow. Now you pessimism is going beyond 1 game at a time. Why don't you just predict that they will lose every game now then you won't have to psot for the rest of the season.
Do or do not. There is no try

#25 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 12:44 PM

I just compare wings to flyers all the time, the 7 losses flyers have were tight games and could have gone either way while detroit has gotten blown out several times in their 8 losses.

Pittsburgh 5 Philly 1

Did you convieniently forget that game?

Or how about Montreal 3 Philly 0

I guess getting shutout doesn't count as a "bad loss"

And I'm not sure that I would be bragging about an 8-7 win over anybody even Tampa

When you make up s*** to support you argumet, you lose credibility.
Do or do not. There is no try

#26 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 12:47 PM

Pittsburgh 5 Philly 1

Did you convieniently forget that game?

Or how about Montreal 3 Philly 0

I guess getting shutout doesn't count as a "bad loss"

And I'm not sure that I would be bragging about an 8-7 win over anybody even Tampa

When you make up s*** to support you argumet, you lose credibility.

Pittsburgh-philly game i don't remember, but carey price being the awesome goalie he is stole that game and wouldn't have been a shutout if he had not been in the net, and the tampa game was just absurd but they still won right?

More embarassing are wings losses, 6-4 vs nucks, 5-1 vs atlanta, 5-0 vs kings, 5-2 vs sharks, 4-1 vs stars 4-1 vs hawks etc

Edited by mindfly, 19 December 2010 - 12:50 PM.

#27 scottj

scottj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 12:55 PM

lol... soon enough mindfly's gonna be complaining about his predictions of the Red Wings getting kicked out of the playoffs in the second round in 2019

#28 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 12:57 PM

OZZIE! OZZIE!! OZZIE!!!

#29 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,356 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:01 PM

Western Conference Standings have been updated, opposition gdt is up.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#30 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:10 PM

You really like that effect on photos huh Konnan? What is that called again, 'mosaic'?

Topaz --> Psychedelic. And yes, it's fantastical.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#31 wingfanatic4alltime

wingfanatic4alltime

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:14 PM

Pittsburgh-philly game i don't remember, but carey price being the awesome goalie he is stole that game and wouldn't have been a shutout if he had not been in the net, and the tampa game was just absurd but they still won right?

More embarassing are wings losses, 6-4 vs nucks, 5-1 vs atlanta, 5-0 vs kings, 5-2 vs sharks, 4-1 vs stars 4-1 vs hawks etc

Your saying Price stood on his head but whats the difference with the kings beating us 5-0, Quick saved 51 shots you really cant do much better than that.
IN KENNY WE TRUST!!

#32 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:18 PM

Your saying Price stood on his head but whats the difference with the kings beating us 5-0, Quick saved 51 shots you really cant do much better than that.

Shooting weak shots from the circle with no traffic isn't very impressive.

#33 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,841 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:40 PM

Shooting weak shots from the circle with no traffic isn't very impressive.

but when Philly does it then its ok ? What happened to this so called amazing goalie Price when Detroit faced him ? why don't you do everyone a favour and go sign up on a Philly forum instead and leave here.

#34 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,298 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 02:08 PM

I will be pissed off even if they win this one because i know they are doomed to suck against vancouver on wednesday, that's how they roll, every other game or so.

A question you have yet to answer is why do you even watch hockey if it makes you thisf****** miserable?

Even if they win, you'll be pissed? Seriously. Don't watch. Go figure out what brings you even a tiny bit of happiness.

The minuses are gone, but you're the only poster here who makes me miss them.

-
-
-
-
-

#35 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 02:15 PM

Wings are going to win this one, I don't care the score as long as we have the W.

Go Wings!!!

Go Ozzie!!!

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#36 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 02:16 PM

A question you have yet to answer is why do you even watch hockey if it makes you thisf****** miserable?

Even if they win, you'll be pissed? Seriously. Don't watch. Go figure out what brings you even a tiny bit of happiness.

The minuses are gone, but you're the only poster here who makes me miss them.

-
-
-
-
-

Because the team lets me down way too often, how hard is it to put a 100% honest effort into every game?...sometimes i question their character.

#37 scottj

scottj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 02:22 PM

Sometimes a 100% honest effort doesn't translate into pure domination, which we all know is all you're looking for or else you're unsatisfied... Fatigue DOES have an affect on teams' play, so do a million other factors

have you ever played a contact sport? let alone against your counterparts that are the best at what they do in the WORLD?

s*** doesn't go your way and you can't dominate every second of every game... how you continue to expect this honestlyf****** baffles me

#38 Ram

Ram

Tots

• Bronze Booster
  • 795 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 02:29 PM

Anyone who's going, see you there!

Let's go Wings. You're my boy Ozzie

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#39 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 02:34 PM

Sometimes a 100% honest effort doesn't translate into pure domination, which we all know is all you're looking for or else you're unsatisfied... Fatigue DOES have an affect on teams' play, so do a million other factors

have you ever played a contact sport? let alone against your counterparts that are the best at what they do in the WORLD?

s*** doesn't go your way and you can't dominate every second of every game... how you continue to expect this honestlyf****** baffles me

I sure as hell can't accept getting blown out by a injury depleated CORE!!1-team, nor shutout at home against the kings, even if they have a bit of a off game they should still be able to compete with those teams

#40 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,298 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 02:39 PM

Because the team lets me down way too often, how hard is it to put a 100% honest effort into every game?...sometimes i question their character.

This team has the third most points in the league behind Pittsburgh, which has one more point and played 2 more games, and Philly, which has 6 more points and played 3 more games.

So again I ask, if one of the absolutely most successful teams in the NHL right now disappoints you so much, why do you bother to follow them?

I suggest you try playing a sport on a regular basis. First, you'll realize that even when you're trying your hardest, sometimes you're just not at the top of your game. Things are a little off for some reason.

Second, you might actually have fun. :scared: