• Please log in to reply
500 replies to this topic

#401 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:49 PM

Bertuzzi and Salei both took penalties tonight.

What an epic surprise. :rolleyes:

We both know Salei's always good for that.

I say we trade him and Rafalski to the Ducks for Lilja and Mara.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#402 Draperfan

Draperfan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Bertuzzi screws up again....surprise surprise
user posted image

#403 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

I seriously can't get over how this Wings team just got beat by a team on the latter half of a back to back.

#404 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:50 PM

Do teams convert odd-man rushes on a 100-percent clip against Detroit or does it just feel like it?

This reminded me of the Game 3 loss to SJ ... if you're in OT, the last thing you can afford to do is get out of position and open your team up for trouble going back. Burned them that night, burned them tonight. Bad loss.

I guess the team knew osgood doesn't stand a chance in the shootout so they put the cards on the table and went all in in the final minute of OT.

#405 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,939 posts

Do teams convert odd-man rushes on a 100-percent clip against Detroit or does it just feel like it?

This reminded me of the Game 3 loss to SJ ... if you're in OT, the last thing you can afford to do is get out of position and open your team up for trouble going back. Burned them that night, burned them tonight. Bad loss.

That was Rafalski's fault too.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#406 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

The Red Wings have been playing like complete s*** this entire month. There is no excuses, they need to pick it up and get their heads out of their asses. There is absolutely nothing worse in the sports world than underachieving.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#407 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:51 PM

How many games has Rafalski played? How many times has he shot the frickin' puck into the feet or the blade of an opponent. WHEN is he supposed to learn not to do that? What's it gonna take? Right now he's the most disappointing player on the team and I've felt the same way in the past. He's good. But invariably he gives the puck right back, gift-wrapped and tied in a ribbon to the opponents. He absolutely drives me frickin' berserk. I wish Babcock would sit him for a week. Yeah I know it's not going to happen but oh, how I wish it could.

Meanwhile, whoever said Ozzie's going to have to get a shutout to win his 400th was right on. A three-on-one at the end of the game. Way to go boyz. Way to support. :nonono: :puke:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#408 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,770 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:52 PM

Bertuzzi screws up again....surprise surprise

Bertuzzi screws up again ? what the hell did he do wrong besides take a bad penalty ? he was setting up plays the whole night, in fact he set up 3 passes right across the crease that neither Cleary, Zetterberg or Lidstrom could bury.

#409 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

And i don't get where all the love for osgood in this games comes from, he made about 2 solid saves the rest were must-saves for any nhl goalie, he faced what 25shots in regulation and still let in 3 goals, not very good stats.

#410 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,939 posts

The Red Wings have been playing like complete s*** this entire month. There is no excuses, they need to pick it up and get their heads out of their asses. There is absolutely nothing worse in the sports world than underachieving.

Posted Image
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#411 Jedi

Jedi

I used to be a spy...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,821 posts

I guess the team knew osgood doesn't stand a chance in the shootout so they put the cards on the table and went all in in the final minute of OT.

Did Lidstrom send you a txt message with that? Or maybe you follow a player's Swedish-only Twitter account? Because I'd really love to know how you seem to know exactly what the Wings are thinking during a game.

burnnotice2.png
Covert Ops has its perks. You travel, make your own hours, and expense most of your meals.
The downside? Lots of people want you dead...

#412 DyingAlive

DyingAlive

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

I swear, the Red Wings have to be one of the worst teams in Overtime/SO. Let's just say my hopes go down when the game ends in a tie in regulation.
Posted Image

#413 mahimahi23

mahimahi23

Rookie

• Pip
  • 192 posts

With these reactions you would think Detroit was in last place haha. I guess some of you dont feel like teams should EVER have bad stretches, they should be dominant all year long, or they arent that good.

And I thought Hawk fans overreacted haha

#414 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:53 PM

Agreed. There was a good scoring chance and everyone went aggressive, trying to end it. It was a crazy bounce back to turn into a 3 on 1 and I don't share the Rafalski hate. Guy has been huge time and again for the Wings.

EDIT: I hope they give Ozzie the next start. I'm tired of seeing him play well and then sit for a week.

Rafalski needed to drop back the moment the puck came off his stick. He didn't head back until the Stars had possession, which is what hung Kronwall, and ultimately Ozzie, out to dry.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#415 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:53 PM

How many games has Rafalski played? How many times has he shot the frickin' puck into the feet or the blade of an opponent. WHEN is he supposed to learn not to do that? What's it gonna take? Right now he's the most disappointing player on the team and I've felt the same way in the past. He's good. But invariably he gives the puck right back, gift-wrapped and tied in a ribbon to the opponents. He absolutely drives me frickin' berserk. I wish Babcock would sit him for a week. Yeah I know it's not going to happen but oh, how I wish it could.

Meanwhile, whoever said Ozzie's going to have to get a shutout to win his 400th was right on. A three-on-one at the end of the game. Way to go boyz. Way to support. :nonono: :puke:

He must have left his brain at home or something. My goodness he was bad.

#416 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:54 PM

And i don't get where all the love for osgood in this games comes from, he made about 2 solid saves the rest were must-saves for any nhl goalie, he faced what 25shots in regulation and still let in 3 goals, not very good stats.

Oh look, mommy. It's a stats junkie.

Do you even bother to watch the games or do you really have that hard of a time understanding hockey?

Posted Image

#417 digitaljohn88

digitaljohn88

Sexy Wings!

• PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Yes, 10/20 career, absolutely no shot. I'll take the 50/50 any day over the s*** that just happened.

#418 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

I guess we can always guess what you're going to say about Ozzie. And OH yeah. They put all their cards on the table and ended up with a 3-on-1. But of course, that's Ozzie's fault too. You have an unbelievable but consistent and predictable mindset.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#419 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:56 PM

With these reactions you would think Detroit was in last place haha. I guess some of you dont feel like teams should EVER have bad stretches, they should be dominant all year long, or they arent that good.

And I thought Hawk fans overreacted haha

You have an issue if you continue to read our GDTs during any games other than Hawks games.

Are you trying to get a rise out of people?

Posted Image

#420 Rick Zombos Ghost

Rick Zombos Ghost

the jerk store

• PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 07:56 PM

What was that screaming all about? ANNOYING.