• Please log in to reply
500 replies to this topic

#441 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,547 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:08 PM

seems like the way to beat the Wings, at least lately, is to forecheck the hell out of them. They tend to get flustered and turn the puck over. It was pretty much the formula Dallas used tonight, and LA a few nights ago.

#442 Zonly1

Zonly1

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:08 PM

Filppula only played 11 minutes, injured?? :unsure:

Yeah, hearing reports that he has some sand in his __________________.

#443 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:09 PM

Glad they got a point. Can't wait for January. December slump is no fun. Funny thing is even during a slump, Wings are still better than 25+ other teams on their best day.

Lucky win for the Stars, Wings missed and whiffed 3 open nets.

#444 Rick Zombos Ghost

Rick Zombos Ghost

the jerk store

• PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:10 PM

Yeah, hearing reports that he has some sand in his __________________.

he was centering the 3rd line with Z and D split up...so less minutes...

#445 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:10 PM

Filppula only played 11 minutes, injured?? :unsure:

He's not on the PP or PK anymore. He just hasn't been that good. Regardless of the point he got tonight.

#446 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:12 PM

I have a task for you. Look up the goalie stats and tell me who the top 5 win leaders are this year.

Alright.

Howard's GAA: 2.62 = 22nd
Howard's SV% .911 = 24th

GAA and especially sv% is the only stats that show individually how good of a goalie you really are.

#447 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:14 PM

Alright.

Howard's SV% .911 = 24th

GAA and especially sv% is the only stats that show individually how good of a goalie you really are.

Dude, go to bed. You're better off getting some sleep.

#448 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:14 PM

Alright.

Howard's SV% .911 = 24th

If Howard wins, I don't care what his stats are. He is slumping, but he is still doing plenty good and even outplayed your boy Price a few games ago.

Get over it.

Posted Image

#449 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:15 PM

Dude, go to bed. You're better off getting some sleep.

Can't be easy living in denial.. "howard is zee besstt" "osgood is a HHoFer and still a great goalie" :blink:

#450 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:17 PM

Modano was key to winning guyzz

#451 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:17 PM

If Howard wins, I don't care what his stats are. He is slumping, but he is still doing plenty good and even outplayed your boy Price a few games ago.

Get over it.

No he didn't, price have a bad team in front of him especially the tiny montreal forwards, not much he can do, look at the GAA&SV% and see where Price is standing, he's great. Even though howard won that game he didn't outplay price in any stretch of the imagination.

Edited by mindfly, 19 December 2010 - 08:18 PM.

#452 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:18 PM

Can't be easy living in denial.. "howard is zee besstt" "osgood is a HHoFer and still a great goalie" :blink:

Both Howard and Osgood are good but not great goalies. There. Will you stop now?

#453 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:19 PM

No he didn't, price have a bad team in front of him especially the tiny montreal forwards, not much he can do, look at the GAA&SV% and see where Price is standing, he's great. Even though howard won that game he didn't outplay price in any stretch of the imagination.

Who let fewer goals into their net that game? Howard was the better goalie of the two. I'll take the "worse" goaltender that wins over the "better" goaltender that loses. Call me crazy.

Posted Image

#454 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,159 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:20 PM

Honestly, your hate towards Osgood is getting annoying (not to mention your love for Howard). Howard lets in 4 goals that he should have saved and you say "the team let him down". Osgood get's scored on with 2 tips and a point blank shot and you say "not very good stats"...Seriously, it's about the quality of the shots. Those were 3 goals he had no chance at. NONE!

But whatever. Why you contiune to post here when 95% of the people here can't stand your posts is beyond me.

Osgood played an exceptional game. And for a goaltender who is not very big (guess that's his fault too, eh?) I think he does well being that's he's like 5ft 10.

Mindfly's love of Howard?

:lol:

Edited by GMRwings1983, 19 December 2010 - 08:21 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#455 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:22 PM

Both Howard and Osgood are goodmediocre not great goalies. There. Will you stop now?

Fixed for the truth.

Yeah you've heard me in the GDT's rave about howard's awesome rebound-control and stick-handling right :rolleyes:

#456 Zonly1

Zonly1

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:24 PM

Alright.

Howard's SV% .911 = 24th

:huh:

#457 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

My love for howard? Both goalies are mediocre, probably one of the worst goalie tandems in the league, i'm looking at it objecively, they are NOT good, not osgood not howard, the only thing you can say for sure is the games when howard is in the net wings have a greater chance of winning but i still say he's a bad goalie with lots of flaws, every game the wings do win howard and osgood should buy dinner for the rest of the team more or less.

A long time ago in a galaxy far away, the University of Michigan Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity house used to have the same display in their front yard during homecoming, among other really humorous stuff. It was an ugly old man sitting tailor fashion in a little hovel of a house, with a total scowl on his face. The sign over the "house" said, "People are no damn good". That's you. Except in your case, it's the Detroit Red Wings. As far as I know they don't have that little sad man and his house on their lawn anymore and I don't have to read your s*** ever again.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#458 Jedi

Jedi

Fire and Blood

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,780 posts

Aha, but by your line of reasoning, SV% is the most reliable stat for determining how well a goalie is playing. So by your logic, Howard DID in fact outplay Price in that game.

Boxscore, 12/10/10, Canadiens vs. Red Wings

Howard - .947% SV%
Price - .903 SV%

Not to mention the fact that Montreal outshot us 38-32, and basically controlled the entire 3rd period (outshot us 19-3). So, yes, actually, Howard did outplay Price.

bdc4.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls..."

#459 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:25 PM

it's like an elementary school kid picking on the girl he likes

#460 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,980 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 08:32 PM

I feel so bad for Ozzie. He had some huge saves and deserved to win.

Brian Rafalski is very overrated and overpaid. Six million dollars for garbage defense and turnovers. The only time he looked remotely respectable on defense was with a team USA uniform on. Other than that, he's the least reliable d-man the Red Wings have in their own zone. Why Babcock kept going back to him so late in this game just blew my mind. He is the reason Chris Osgood doesn't have 400 wins right now.

Go back to New Jersey Rafalski. No one would notice your s***ty defense and turnovers there.