• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

Winter Classic Truck Gets Parking Ticket in NYC

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Just shows how ridiculous parking enforcement is. Not the people who do it, because they are just doing their job and they have families to feed, but all the ticky tack laws just to get the city more money. I'd like to see a tow truck try to tow that bus :P

Just shows how ridiculous parking enforcement is. Not the people who do it, because they are just doing their job and they have families to feed, but all the ticky tack laws just to get the city more money. I'd like to see a tow truck try to tow that bus :P

haha awesome

I work in a town of 24,000 people that has parking laws of 1 hour downtown. the downtown is DEAD! I manage an apartment complex right in the heart of downtown and have to move my car every hour to avoid a $5 ticket. Every time I go out to move my car I'm amaized to see maybe 2-3 other cars on the street for 4 blocks- yet I still have to move my car or get the $5 ticket. The city is spending MILLIONS to revitalize the downtown- buying stores and tearing them down to create a park and new road going through the downtown. Half of the commercial spots are vacant and renting for $100-$400 a month. But if you have your car out there for over an hour the meter maid drives by in her little scooter and gives you a $5 ticket no matter how many open spots are in the area.

I have to wonder how much it costs the city to employee two meter maids to write out a handfull of tickets everyday at $5 and why open parking or partial open parking couldn't be an option. Just another example of stupidity involving government and parking laws!

$95 seems pretty cheap for New York. I remember getting $115 and $140 tickets in Chi-town. Then the cost of towing and impound if your were really unlucky. Not to mention the sinking feeling of thinking your car had been stolen.