Posted 19 December 2010 - 03:52 PM

http://video.nhl.com...pid=nhl-rxl-twt

#2 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 05:09 PM

Just shows how ridiculous parking enforcement is. Not the people who do it, because they are just doing their job and they have families to feed, but all the ticky tack laws just to get the city more money. I'd like to see a tow truck try to tow that bus :P
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#3 MannyK

MannyK

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Location:Brookline, MA (formerly Clinton Township / Ann Arbor, MI)

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:40 PM

Just shows how ridiculous parking enforcement is. Not the people who do it, because they are just doing their job and they have families to feed, but all the ticky tack laws just to get the city more money. I'd like to see a tow truck try to tow that bus :P

haha awesome
Let's Go Wings!

#4 Lord Stanely

Lord Stanely

Rookie

• Pip
  • 163 posts
  • Location:North Central Iowa, via Chicago, via Adrian, MI; via Warren

Posted 20 December 2010 - 11:20 AM

I work in a town of 24,000 people that has parking laws of 1 hour downtown. the downtown is DEAD! I manage an apartment complex right in the heart of downtown and have to move my car every hour to avoid a $5 ticket. Every time I go out to move my car I'm amaized to see maybe 2-3 other cars on the street for 4 blocks- yet I still have to move my car or get the $5 ticket. The city is spending MILLIONS to revitalize the downtown- buying stores and tearing them down to create a park and new road going through the downtown. Half of the commercial spots are vacant and renting for $100-$400 a month. But if you have your car out there for over an hour the meter maid drives by in her little scooter and gives you a $5 ticket no matter how many open spots are in the area.

I have to wonder how much it costs the city to employee two meter maids to write out a handfull of tickets everyday at $5 and why open parking or partial open parking couldn't be an option. Just another example of stupidity involving government and parking laws!

$95 seems pretty cheap for New York. I remember getting $115 and $140 tickets in Chi-town. Then the cost of towing and impound if your were really unlucky. Not to mention the sinking feeling of thinking your car had been stolen.
Stuck in God-forsaken North Central Iowa with no hockey, hills, food or trees!