• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sixer

Brett Lebda to start as Winger Tonight for the Leafs

Rate this topic

The article even states Lebda saying it was more like 10 games he played at wing, not 18. Strange. I seriously don't remember him ever being moved up to wing.

Maybe Toronto thought they were signing Meech?

Proof that even Lebda himself didn't realize he was a defenseman!!!

Seriously, though, dobberhockey.com shows Lebda having a total of 0.75% of his even strength ice time (or about 7 minutes of the season) played while 2 other defensemen were on the ice. Furthermore, 0.36% of his total time included time spent with Derek Meech and one other defenseman, 0.21% included time spent with Jonathan Ericsson, and 0.02% included time spent with both. So 0.55% of his time was spent with one but not both of Meech and Ericsson, two defensemen Babcock HAS played at forward a fair amount. Meaning Lebda played about 2 shifts of forward.

Impressive.

Seriously, though, dobberhockey.com shows Lebda having a total of 0.75% of his even strength ice time (or about 7 minutes of the season) played while 2 other defensemen were on the ice. Furthermore, 0.36% of his total time included time spent with Derek Meech and one other defenseman, 0.21% included time spent with Jonathan Ericsson, and 0.02% included time spent with both. So 0.55% of his time was spent with one but not both of Meech and Ericsson, two defensemen Babcock HAS played at forward a fair amount. Meaning Lebda played about 2 shifts of forward.

Impressive.

Although you're point is on, I don't EVER remember Babs playing Ericsson on forward

Guest Stolberg

Lebda played 10 games as a winger in Detroit last year?

he definitely didn't

maybe they're confusing him with meech? even then i think he only started a few games as a forward

I couldn't stop laughing after the part where, "Lebda" and "skilled player" were put right next to each other in a sentence.

And I recall Meech playing a good number of games at forward, and even one game where Chelios played forward, but for the life of me, don't remember Lebda playing forward, ever......I do remember seeing him several times below the other teams goal line without the puck though!

Impressive.

Is this time in which they were released from the penalty box and had to play until they could clear the puck and get a line change? Sounds like the most probable scenario.

is this time in which they were released from the penalty box and had to play until they could clear the puck and get a line change? Sounds like the most probable scenario.

Seems the most likely situation. Definitely what I though, as I don't recall him ever being shifted to forward at any point. About two minutes on the season isn't much though.

he definitely didn't

maybe they're confusing him with meech? even then i think he only started a few games as a forward

That's what's so bizarre. The article makes it sound as if Lebda said he played 10 games as a winger last season.

maybe he's just desperate to keep an NHL job...

Edited by haroldsnepsts