• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:59 PM

Huh they scratched Kadri, why not just send him down? What's going on with that guy Mack?

#22 ComradeWasabi

ComradeWasabi

the abdelgator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:20 PM

I can't recall Lebda having ever played wing on the Red Wings... maybe my memory is fuzzy though?
QUOTE (thedisappearer @ December 13, 2008 - 10:13AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, we're dogpiling on the goalie sammy Hudler the defense the refs league bias against us coaching now? Ok.

Babcock is lazy and he sucks!

#23 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,868 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:32 PM

That's exactly what I thought too, I recall Meech playing as a forward, Lebda not so much. Or at all. Granted the team was beat to hell last year with all the injuries, so Babs had to get a little creative at times.

The article even states Lebda saying it was more like 10 games he played at wing, not 18. Strange. I seriously don't remember him ever being moved up to wing.

Maybe Toronto thought they were signing Meech?

#24 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:29 PM

I don't remember Lebda ever playing wing here...unless it was very early on in his stint?

At any rate, this could be a good move, as someone else stated. He can't play defense, but he's fast and could probably force some turnovers by pressure.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#25 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:45 PM

i'd like to see the wings do this with rafalski. he can play wing even strength and the point on the pp. he'd feel right at home playing on the wing seeing as how he spends the majority of his time on ice deep in the offensive zone.

the only problem is he is slow as molasses. maybe when there is a rush going the other way he could skate to our bench and have another player join the play and catch up for him. it would be faster that way.

#26 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:51 PM

The article even states Lebda saying it was more like 10 games he played at wing, not 18. Strange. I seriously don't remember him ever being moved up to wing.

Maybe Toronto thought they were signing Meech?

Proof that even Lebda himself didn't realize he was a defenseman!!!

Seriously, though, dobberhockey.com shows Lebda having a total of 0.75% of his even strength ice time (or about 7 minutes of the season) played while 2 other defensemen were on the ice. Furthermore, 0.36% of his total time included time spent with Derek Meech and one other defenseman, 0.21% included time spent with Jonathan Ericsson, and 0.02% included time spent with both. So 0.55% of his time was spent with one but not both of Meech and Ericsson, two defensemen Babcock HAS played at forward a fair amount. Meaning Lebda played about 2 shifts of forward.

Impressive.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#27 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,600 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:40 PM

He ended up being a -1 in not even 10 minutes TOI.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#28 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:32 PM

Seriously, though, dobberhockey.com shows Lebda having a total of 0.75% of his even strength ice time (or about 7 minutes of the season) played while 2 other defensemen were on the ice. Furthermore, 0.36% of his total time included time spent with Derek Meech and one other defenseman, 0.21% included time spent with Jonathan Ericsson, and 0.02% included time spent with both. So 0.55% of his time was spent with one but not both of Meech and Ericsson, two defensemen Babcock HAS played at forward a fair amount. Meaning Lebda played about 2 shifts of forward.

Impressive.

Although you're point is on, I don't EVER remember Babs playing Ericsson on forward

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#29 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:49 PM

Although you're point is on, I don't EVER remember Babs playing Ericsson on forward

I do.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#30 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:42 AM

Lebda played 10 games as a winger in Detroit last year?

he definitely didn't

maybe they're confusing him with meech? even then i think he only started a few games as a forward

#31 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 02:27 AM

I couldn't stop laughing after the part where, "Lebda" and "skilled player" were put right next to each other in a sentence.

And I recall Meech playing a good number of games at forward, and even one game where Chelios played forward, but for the life of me, don't remember Lebda playing forward, ever......I do remember seeing him several times below the other teams goal line without the puck though!

Impressive.

Is this time in which they were released from the penalty box and had to play until they could clear the puck and get a line change? Sounds like the most probable scenario.

#32 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 02:32 AM

is this time in which they were released from the penalty box and had to play until they could clear the puck and get a line change? Sounds like the most probable scenario.

Seems the most likely situation. Definitely what I though, as I don't recall him ever being shifted to forward at any point. About two minutes on the season isn't much though.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#33 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 02:24 PM

he definitely didn't

maybe they're confusing him with meech? even then i think he only started a few games as a forward

i don't remember leb on da wing.
Posted Image

#34 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,868 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 06:20 PM

he definitely didn't

That's what's so bizarre. The article makes it sound as if Lebda said he played 10 games as a winger last season.

maybe he's just desperate to keep an NHL job...

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 21 December 2010 - 06:21 PM.

#35 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:09 PM

Insert funny Brett Lebda joke *here*.

#36 sixer

sixer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:39 PM

I heard Lebda got hit by a flying waffle at the end of the game! lol

ps. Someone needs to caption this picture, hilarious!

Posted Image

#37 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:27 AM

Insert funny Brett Lebda joke *here*.

*brett lebda walks into a bar with 1.45 million dollars in his pocket...*
Posted Image

#38 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:56 AM

Knock knock

Who's there?

Brett Lebda!

Posted Image

#39 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:29 AM

Knock knock

Who's there?

Brett Lebda!

Waldorf: It's funny cause he's never there.
Statler: Especially if you mean his own defensive zone.
Waldorf: Or the score sheet.

Posted Image

Edited by Jesusberg, 22 December 2010 - 10:30 AM.

#40 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,259 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:44 AM

Bart Lebda
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1