• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wing Across The Pond

Thrashers @ Leafs

Rate this topic

2:52 into the game and Leafs are 2-0 down. They are awful. In those 2:52 they hadn't had the puck in Atlanta's zone, and don't seem like they've got anyone who can get them back to a level playing field.

Has anyone else watching this, seen a worse effort in the first 5 or so minutes, recently? Its truly terrible. Not to mention Lebda is simply playing as a third defencemen when he's on the ice, terrible positioning.

Lebda has been playing pretty good imo, hes created a few scoring chances but seems abit lost at times playing abit too far back near the blue line. The leafs in general suck, they been shutout 7 times this season and have only scored 1 goal in 5 other games so it shouldn't be too much of a suprise that they didn't get out of there own zone in the first 2 minutes.

No way ButtMuffin gets close to wining the Norris.

Just out of curiosity, why wouldn't he? If Green can be a finalist for his purely offensive skills, why wouldn't Byfuglien? To me he's a shoe in as a finalist at the moment. It's not like he's playing a hybrid style either, as he's played defense exclusively all season, even on the powerplay from what I've seen.

According to a friend of mine who is a fan of the Leafs, the rumor is that they're throwing the waffles to insist that the players aren't "getting a good enough breakfast and lacking energy".

I had a much grosser theory, so I'll just stick to that rumored one.

According to a friend of mine who is a fan of the Leafs, the rumor is that they're throwing the waffles to insist that the players aren't "getting a good enough breakfast and lacking energy".

I had a much grosser theory, so I'll just stick to that rumored one.

I love the way the team are playing horribly, I think their captain is completely awful - skating behind his goal a few times he had the puck bobble away from and didn't look comfortable even with no one around - and a few fans (quite rightly) find a way to express their frustration, and all the commentary team can do is say "someone could have slipped on that".

Guest Stolberg

i think the waffles mean "hey, you suck. stop sucking"

would like to see more leafs pelted with them

Living in the south and not having center ice, the majority of the games (aside from watching the Wings on my computer) I watch are Thrashers games. This team is young and exciting and full of potential. I'd enjoy watching them more if their announcers didn't suck so hard. It's a shame for a team whose fans are more into their garbage basketball team and couldn't care less that they have a solid young hockey team.