• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

Federov donates $40K to Metro Detroit charities

Rate this topic

Fedorov

Detroit— Former Detroit Red Wing Sergei Federov may be taking slap shots thousands of miles away from Metro Detroit in a Russian hockey league, but he still lives here — and today, he gave an early Christmas present to several local non-profit organizations.

The Sergei Federov Foundation donated $40,000 to Metro Detroit charities, including $10,000 each to Crime Stoppers of Michigan, the YWCA Interim House for domestic violence victims; and the Think Detroit PAL (Police Athletic League) organization.

Good on him! :thumbup:

PS. Before anyone jumps at me for spelling his name wrong, PURELY copy and pasted from the article! As you can see above, I do know how to spell his name. :lol:

Edited by Aussie_Wing

Bleacher Report came out with an article two weeks ago of the 10 biggest "world-class" athletes and #91 came in at #10 and they highlighted:

After the conclusion of tense and public contract negotiations in 1999, NHL superstar Sergei Fedorov turned over his entire 1998-99 salary to establish a foundation to help the children of Detroit. He also pledged $91 per goal (in tribute to his jersey number, 91) scored by the Detroit Red Wings during the season.

The Sergei Fedorov Foundation supports a variety of causes, including forming a partnership with Orchards Children's Services to establish a camp for autistic and developmentally disabled children.

So that would be his 2mil base salary and $25,298 for the 278 goals scored by the Wings that season.

Yeah I'm not so sure about the claim that he still lives in MI.

Last I heard is that he lives in Miami when not playing in the KHL.

Edited by Konnan511

Wikipedia?

News reports. We all know about the banks trying to foreclose on his Bloomfield Hills homes, but they also tried going after his Miami based Condo. So I assume he lives in Miami since he has property there.

Edited by Konnan511

He also played in a charity soccer match in England a few years ago - was quite a big deal, live on prime time TV, 76,00 fans in the stadium. I also remember an inteview with Konstantinov a few years ago and he said that Fedorov was pretty much the only ex-team-mate who still visits him.

But I forgot, he left Detroit as a FA, so that makes him an *******, right?

He also played in a charity soccer match in England a few years ago - was quite a big deal, live on prime time TV, 76,00 fans in the stadium. I also remember an inteview with Konstantinov a few years ago and he said that Fedorov was pretty much the only ex-team-mate who still visits him.

But I forgot, he left Detroit as a FA, so that makes him an *******, right?

Bowman has also said Fedorov was his favorite player because he did everything you asked him to do on the ice.

He's only an ******* to those who don't know the entire story of what happened and I'm talking about well prior to 2000.

As soon as the anti-Feds wake up, this thread should get interesting lol.

But on topic, it's good to see past Detroit icons still trying to better the city of Detroit!

He probably just owns property in Detroit in case he ever comes back for holiday visits or something. You know, like an expensive hotel because athletes can do that.

Honestly, Fedorov acted like a ****** when it came to accepting his role on the team, but as a person I've never heard anything negative about him. Seems like a cool guy.