• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

12/22 GDT: Canucks 4 at Red Wings 5 (OT)

Rate this topic

Looks like we are in for more games like that. I hope they call someone up from GR.

But the Red Wings also lost star center Pavel Datsyuk for at least four weeks with a broken bone in his hand or wrist, according to coach Mike Babcock.

http://m.espn.go.com/nhl/gamecast?gameId=301222005

Pshhh, that's so one hour ago :P

I intended to post these responses yesterday, but the forums went offline.

In terms of point totals? I'd tend to agree, as Dallas has one more point than Detroit but has played two more games.

Obiously, not at the moment given they are (were) one point behind Dallas, but points/game percentage indicates Detroit is the best team in the conference.

The Wings were the best team in the Conference in October and November. But at 4-4-2 as a last ten....

Vancouver has been the best team in the conference for December. 8-1-1 (Last ten)

Who said anything about which team was playing better at the moment? I certainly didn't. Who cares who accumulated more points in which months. It certainly holds no bearing when the final numbers are in come April. Besides, that has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. The fact of the matter is that Detroit has the best points/game ratio in West, is likely the most balanced team in all of the NHL and when they play to their ability, they can beat any team in the league. That's my point.

Man, this month has just destroyed the WIngs and stomped on their hearts. Lidstrom is getting farther away from winning the Norris despite still playing amazing, Datsyuk won't get Selke or hit 100 points, the Wings lost their advantage over other teams...All that good work in the first two months...wasted.

Man, this month has just destroyed the WIngs and stomped on their hearts. Lidstrom is getting farther away from winning the Norris despite still playing amazing, Datsyuk won't get Selke or hit 100 points, the Wings lost their advantage over other teams...All that good work in the first two months...wasted.

While they may not be as potent, its not as if this team is gonna start playing 3-7'ish hockey consistently without Dats. Do you think its a shade melodramatic to say our start was wasted?